Itt we list movies with complex moral themes and debate the message I'll start with law abiding citezen I think Clyde...

Itt we list movies with complex moral themes and debate the message I'll start with law abiding citezen I think Clyde has the morally right ground until he tried to kill city hall

Killing isn't moral.

Bump

Starship Troopers is the fucking best.

Thats too general of a statement its like saying support is always good you could clearly support something wrong you could also put an end to something bad or good

Give a rundown I haven't seen it

I liked how in I Robot a machine understood what it was to be human better than the rest of the cast.

Will started to get it near the end, but it took a while.

Kickass space marines kill giant bugs.

Would you like to know more?

Think Saw, but less S&M deathtraps and more revenge.

Yeah I could just wiki it but i would rather hear your opinion if your not too busy fappingg to type

The movie presents to you how a completely fascist society would function, and how because of that, the purpose of humanity is having an enemy to kill. Johnny Rico (protagonist) starts out as an impressionable student, but because of the military state, he and his colleagues all end up as cruel, heartless monsters in the end. The moral is that fascism in its full realized state has no goal other that savage violence.

I think the most important message from the little mermaid was

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you might find
You get what you need

The rest of the cast were two niggers, a woman, and Shia Labeouf. That should explain why they didn't understand humanity.

Hated the ending.
I wanted him to kill everyone all the way up to the Supreme Court.

true

Cool I'll watch it, is it on Netflix or you tube?

Giant bugs invade human colonized worlds. We fight back. Giant bugs launch asteroid to wipe out Buenos Aires, we strike back. First battle is a complete clusterfuck and we lose. Second battle we kick ass. High school kids become soldiers, science teachers become kickass officers, officers become kickass privates, and a big bug is afraid.

Would you like to know more?

College freshmen detected!

Wrong. Taking someone else's humanity is.

If you do something to strip someone of their humanity (kill, rape, etc) then you forfeit your own.

If someone comes along and takes out a child rapist, he's killing a monster, not a human.

That is blatantly obvious i am asking for movies where the message is obscured and contradictory debating is the thing I have the most fun with

exposing the hypocrisy of authoritah is a running theme in robert heinleins books - i love them soo much...

Yeah it's on Netflix right now.

Same director as Robocop (the good one) and Total Recall (the good one). Also there's tons of gore, surreal acting, and tits. Giant bugs and space battles. Would you like to know more?

I heard the book was better (which is a tall order because the film rocked)

see

You're doing your part.

These days you get called a college freshmen for having elementary comprehension skills. Nothing I said was particularly smart or verbose, you cartoon character.

Reqium for a dream wasnt about the perils of drug a bse, it was the perils of chasing your dream above all other rational thought

There's also Denise Richards in her mid-20s.

How long does that last for though you seen to be implying that redemption doesn't exist at all. If doing something horrible strips you of humanity entirely does a great thing give you unwavering moral superiority?

Originally, the script was written to where Clyde did succeed in wiping out the higher brass, but Jaime Foxx didn't like that, and they were too far into production to do another recasting. So the director had to rewrite the ending to where Clyde basically lost. Real shitty abrupt ending. The movie producers should've written two endings, primary ending being that he didn't succeed, and the alternate ending where he does wipe out the corruption of government, being on Blu-Ray or something.

Bloody media studies wankers coming on here asking us to do their homework for them

No I think that's enough you sound like video game ai right now. Would you like to know more but really thanks

brilliantly conceived but unfortunately very poorly acted allegory for the usurious debt slavery to which we are all currently subject...

I do online school Google could pass my high school a thousand times over this is a personal question

So...........A nigger ruined it.
Is there anything they don't fuck up?

>implying that redemption doesn't exist at all

Maybe. Coming back from being a monster is a long and hard process that not many see to completion, since they're already the type to have taken the easy way to begin with.

>does a great thing give you unwavering moral superiority

Nope, because once you fuck up, you're back to square 1.
You ever hear about the good things Hitler did?
No, because at the end of the day, he was still a monster.

Euphoric College Freshman detected!

she's never looked better

The book was Just different. Less campy action and more political rambling. Les co-ed space marine shower scenes in the book. More power armor in the book. That kind of thing. Both have their merits.

wat

This movie is full of feels. Especially at the end when Ed Norton's character asks his friend for a favor.

Them feels.

in a group of flaky high school kids, one friend murders another and the rest of them feel conflicted loyalty...

bad comment

Possibly "wild things" her and Neve Campbell got damn!

>Jamie Foxx didn't like that

What a cuck.
>MUH HAPPY ENDING
>MUH CLYDE IS DA BAD GUY

What a fucking idiot.

An alternate ending would have been perfect.

I'll take political rambling over co ed showers any day of the week ;)

>Would you like to know more

Is a thing from the movie dude, go watch it

Cool response dubs confirm
Morality has always seemed contradictory to me though we could be causing things we have no way of measuring the outcome on here and nobody will ever know in a way it seems terrible and exhilarating

I'm totally on board with the Nightcrawler. I think he was the morally best character in a movie full of the kind of maggot plebs we all face daily

Yeaaahhh it was kind of a neat concept but the idea behind it was nothing new - just a gimmicky way of portraying it

That said, I thought it was still decently watchable

I saw what you did bro, and chucked heartily.

>at the end of the day, he was still a monster
Holy fuck.
Tell us about how it was real in your mind.

Lol went right over my head, I will

Agreed. I can pinpoint the exact moment i fell in love with her in that movie

Didn't do it for me, oddly enough

The bad shit he did far outweighed the good (no matter how good it was), plain and simple.

Tango and Cash
>why you should never date your friends sister

What if the killing of 6 million people and wiping their potential children off the earth slowed the drain on resources enough so that we could get off this planet or solve the problems we have?

>The bad shit he did
>implying
gtfo, Shlomo

Fuck of back to pol this is a movie thread