Did you like Terminator Genisys?

did you like Terminator Genisys?

No, it was terrible. Clarke sucks in everything, Jai Courtney was only ever good in Spartacus, JK Simmons was wasted in this, and Arnold can do better than this trash. Oh and what's his face from Zero Dark Thirty was only good in that, and that show about the Irish mob in Providence.

Fuck this movie. I'm glad that they cancelled the planned sequels.

short answer: no
long answer: fuck no

shoulda been set in the 80s entirely

Nobody did.

Not even Arnold could save it.

>PG13 violence

It was all so toothless.

>Asian T1000
Left the theater right there and assaulted an usher on the way out

lmao 8 replies, sequel canceled, no one gives a fuck

BTFO like I wanted it to be

It's garbage.
It's only saving grace is that Commando can perfectly fit as its prequel.

no. As misguided as the ghostbusters shit. They need to stop clinging to the first two movies.

It was dumb, silly and loud. Made up for its lackluster plot with shiny lights and loud noises.

In a sense it was a great action film but if you were looking for anything resembling drama or good writing you were SOL.

> pic related
> the inevitable shitstorm for doing anything close to defending this movie

When they started retconning stuff from the first two movies I checked out. Doctor Who is not intimidating and I don't know why all of his lines weren't just spoken by John. I liked the idea of Pops just waiting it out in real time. Emilia Clarke was not convincingly tough. I'm tired of the Terminator story revolving around the Connor and Reese characters to boot.

Yes I liked it. But not enough to see it again.

No, it felt like a ridiculous fanfiction turned into a flick.
They should just let this franchise die already

It was more entertaining than anything else after T2

Sure it was fucking retarded, but still entertaining

Fuck no it was absolute garbage and completely ruined Connor's character. GoT girl was awful.

T2 > T1 > Salvation > 3 > Genisys

>give away the big plot twist in the trailer
>instead of having the original movies act as a sort nostalgia homage, they just choose to literally shit on the previous movies and spit in your face doing so
>movie literally has 3 fucking time machines
>THREE TIME MACHINES
>easily could have had the Johnbot have a moral reason for wanting Skynet to be the solution to humanity
>easily could have offered a "reason" for asking momma bear to join him on his quest to fuck up the world
>could easily have made Skynet more personable instead of "LOL WHEN I GROW UP YOU ALL FUCKING DIE"

The movie is what happens when you are given a thousand opportunities ,and you miss all of them.

it's also a perfect example of how going off theme basically condemns your movie to death. T1/T2 are not scifi movies, they are not future shit movies - they are action movies with horror elements in the form of an unkillable monster. The future elements spice up the story and make it interesting and give motives to characters.

In T1 they literally could just not get away, in T2 they make a clean getaway and are 100% in the clear, but opting to try and change the future is what results in the final chase scene to occur.

The only other Terminator movie that is competent is Salvation, and even then it's not "good" - it's a competent action flick. The plot is irrelevant because it has no gravity to it - we know John Conner lives and nothing Skynet does can kill him, thus why the previous movies exist. However some shit in Salvation was just awesome and cool to see. I atleast got SOME enjoyment out of it, whereas Genisys I hated my life.

My favorite scene is when Arnold magically escapes from John Connor in the police station

I quite liked the fact that Arnie's terminator was showing signs of ageing, with his joints failing etc
But other than that it was complete shit.

>change channel half way into the movie
>terminator has fee fees and emotion

bye

JUST CLICK ON 7 SECONDS

WHERE DID THE BUDGET GO ON THIS?

>Salvation > 3

No.

Agreed.

>No, it felt like a ridiculous fanfiction turned into a flick.
>They should just let this franchise die already

Agreed.

>It was more entertaining than anything else after T2

TV-show with all it's flaws was way better.

It was fun in a goofy way

T1 > T2 > Salvation >= T3 > Genisys

Aside from Salvation and T3 being interchangeable this ranking is objective truth.

The TV show was teen trash.

T3 is objectively superior to Salvation.

3 was way too goofy, I think Salvation is criminally underrated.

>giant transformer Terminators
>bike terminators
>terminator with human heart
>heart transplant ending

Yeah, Salvation wasn't goofy at all.

Felt much more serious overall.

>muh wacky glasses invalidates the whole movie

This and DaD's parasailing are the arguments of FAGGOTS.

It's a fucking quipfest

Not
It was pretty good actually, but they couldve sacrificed *some* teen drama for more action yes. Especially Sarah's boring subplot about cancer. The chemistry between the characters was great, and detective Ellison was GOAT