Kong: Skull Island

These are my predictions:

>The movie is a "spiritual sequel" to the original movie
>possible reference to previous explorers supposeldy finding Skull Island in 1933, although the world does not know Kong exists in this version
>This is a female Kong, hence the title "Kong" rather than "King Kong"
>rather than a "romance" with a human character, this Kong is pissed at the humans for taking her baby
>Mommy Kong dies at the end of the movie protecting baby Kong from a monster
>Baby Kong is brought to a blacksite facility to be raised by humans, and is intelligent enough to learn basic sign language
>in Godzilla vs. King Kong, 40 years later, baby Kong has grown up into King Kong. He's a friend of humanity and they sic him on Godzilla

Pretty stupid, but probably better than the real plot.

>This is a female Kong, hence the title "Kong" rather than "King Kong"

Plausible
very plausible

>Can't die in the end, has to be alive to fight Godzilla, hence the ridiculous size increase

This movie takes place 40 years before King Kong vs. Godzilla. That would be long enough for a baby Kong to grow to full size, if the Kong in this movie has a cub and dies.

Touché
>It was beauty that killed the beast
>But don't worry, the beast had a child

In King Kong vs. Godzilla it's possible that they will bring in the human female aspect of the story, by making King Kong's primary handler being an attractive blonde woman who is an ape expert. He is very emotionally attached to her and protective of her, and they communicate through sign language. Maybe she is resistant towards the military making Kong fight Godzilla, and has moral reservations about it throughout the whole movie, primarily because she's afraid of Kong getting killed.

The big question I suppose is whether or not Kong will be in Destroy All Monsters. That would likely imply that he and Godzilla both survive their climactic battle with each other, somehow.

How is King Kong supposed to be able to defeat Godzilla when Godzilla can blow a hole through him with atomic breath? I guess he has mobility on him, but it still seems a little implausible unless i'm missing something

Shhhh

starring Leslie Jones

Kong is smarter. He can probably figure out that fire = get hurt. Also, Godzilla's fire has a charge up time.

>Not beauty friend, love . . .
Slow pan to baby kong, you just know they'll do it

Sounds bretty gud user.

>tough skin, can take a hit or two
>smart, knows that charge up means damage incoming, can avoid it or deflect the head
It's not an insurmountable difference in power, though it's obviously a very strong attack.

That would be retarded. A movie like this doesnt need a overly complex plot. Just show us the monkeys and let him kill pretty much all main characters except the whites.
Done.

>smaller, probably faster and more agile
>uses buildings for cover, plots ambushes
>ends up using some form of weapon as primates can use primitive tools

Plenty of possibilities for the King to kill a God

Is this the dawn of Harambe Kino?

>In 2017, no jimmies will be left unrustled

In the 1962 movie it ends in an ambiguous match as to not piss off any fans

Has anyone done a size comparison of kong and the 2014 godzilla yet? From memory godzilla was way bigger even though kong in the trailer is pretty huge.

no one knows what Kong's official size is yet, 2014 goji is 355 feet.

> According to THR, word from the floor of CineEurope on day one has it that Vogt-Roberts’ Kong will strike quite the imposing figure against the rest of the film’s human cast, with the model for the giant ape coming in at 100 feet. Amid a selection of set images that also include shots of co-stars Hiddleston, Larson, Jackson, and Reilly in action, Vogt-Roberts was also quick to comment on the making of the eponymous beast of Kong: Skull Island, stating, “This is going to be the biggest Kong there’s ever been.

New Godzilla is 350 feet tall

>explorer troop discovers those huge spiders from the trailer in the jungle and hide/hold still until the spiders have walked past
>later in the movie they discover Kong and he chases them
>explorers run away through the thick jungle and cross those giant spiders again which now also chase after them
>Kong gets closer and the spiders start attacking him, crawling up his legs and back, biting him etc.
>Kong crushes some with his feet, grabs others and crushes them with his hands, puts others in his mouth and chews them to death, etc.
>explorers use that moment to get away

There. Perfect 7-10 minute tense action scene for the middle of the movie.

Thats gonna look dumb as fuck so godzilla is 3.5 times bigger and has atomic breath. Thatd be like a 3ft person fighting someone10 ft tall.

A chimp could rip The Mountains arms out of his sockets without breaking a sweat.

Kong is more agile and has more reach, think of him as the Jackie Chan/Mike Tyson of the kaiju world.

Are you ready for the Kong/Godzilla cinematic universe?

I hope we get a Kong sequel or even a prequel with those natives on the island as the lead would be cool.

Apocalypto vs. Giant bugs 10/10 would watch

speaking about giant bugs, there will be giant spiders in this one so I am so excited to see that.

now this is a cinematic universe i can get behind

Here is what he looks like

I wonder if they'll put a scarier scene than Jackson's worm pit scene.

I thought Sam Jackson was in the last King Kong movie?

nope he was in Tarzan

>tfw we could have had Christoph Waltz in this

I heard rumors that an early draft for Skull Island may have given Kong "Electrical abilities"
with this new series of monster flicks, it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Godzilla is Godzilla though. He tanks and regenerates shit with ridiculous feats of strength as well.

So for the Godzilla v Kong movie I'm guessing the US government will let Kong loose to get Godzilla even though Godzilla fucking saved their city. Ungrateful cunts. Or Kong awakens after all that shit, escapes and runs into Godzilla.

The producer promised that this Kong is the biggest he's ever been-- I'm not sure if that includes the Toho version or not, though. If it is, then that would be in line with the Legendary Godzilla being the biggest movie Godzilla.

In the original KKVG, Kong was smaller than Godzilla but they were definitely within the same size class. Godzilla is taller, bulkier, and has that massive tail. Kong was more lean and agile. I'm guessing they will go for the same thing in the remake, although I'm pretty sure they won't give Kong the goofy power to absorb and discharge electricity like he had in the original.

>[the fight begins. Kong impresses the crowd with acrobatics and gets cheers. Then he approaches his opponent]

>Kong: Have they told you who I am?

>Godzilla: [skreeonks] Some dead ape!

>Kong: I am the brother of Elia Kongell. Do you know why I have come all the way to this stinking, shit-pile of a city? For you. I'm going to hear you confess before you die. You raped my sister. You murdered her. You ate her children. Say it now and we can end this quick.

>Kong: Say it. You raped her. You murdered her. You ate her children. You raped her! You murdered her! You ate her children!

>[Kong circles around his opponent, forcing him to tire himself out, dodging his charges, parries his swings and punches back, while taunting him repeatedly to confess about killing Elia and her children. Godzilla manages to knock Kong several times off his feet and cuts his tree trunk into half. Kong evades Godzilla's blows with amazing agility, and grabs a replacement trunk from his quiver. Again, Godzilla knocks Kong off his feet, but Kong evades his blows and punches him in the chest. Godzilla stumbles away, but quickly recovers and continues his attack]

>Kong: You raped her! You murdered her!

>[Godzilla charges. Kong evades his blow and hits his knee. Godzilla groans in pain and kneels down]

>Kong: You ate her children!

Would be a strange thing to carry over though. The only reason he had electric powers in the original Kong vs Godzilla was because it was originally supposed to be Frankenstein's Monster vs Godzilla and they didn't feel like rewriting it.

Maybe if Kong absorbs enough radiation he ends up sizing up to be more of a match for Godzilla.

[Kong charges, burying his trunk in Godzilla's stomach, pinning him to the floor and causing him to cough blood. But Kong does not mean to let Godzilla die without confessing. He circles Godzilla furiously]

Kong: Wait, are you dying? No, no, no. You can't die yet. You haven't confessed.

[Kong extracts his trunk from Godzilla's body]

Kong: Say it. Say her name. Elia Kongell. You raped her. You ate her children. Elia Kongell.

[Kong points accusingly at Watanabe]

Kong: Who gave you the order? WHO GAVE YOU THE ORDER? Say her name! You raped her! You murdered her! You ate her children! Say it! Say her name!

Kong: Say it!

[Kong gets too close to Godzilla. Godzilla trips him over. Kong starts to get up, but Godzilla grabs his throat and punches him in the mouth, breaking his teeth. Kong slumps down stunned, his mouth bleeding. Godzilla is on top of Kong, grabbing his head with his massive hands, plunging his large thumbs into his eyes, gouging them. Kong screams in agony]

Godzilla: [roars] Elia Kongell! I ate her children! Then I raped her! Then I smashed her head in like this!

[Godzilla then crushes Kong's skull between his huge fists with a sickening thump. Godzilla, severely injured, collapses next to his dead opponent. A stunned silence sweeps over the crowd. Watanabe stands]

Apes are bros.

I'm surprised there haven't been any Dawn of Justice parody images featuring Godzilla and King Kong.

it says the "model" is 100 feet. I don't know what that's supposed to mean though since I highly doubt they built a 100 foot tall Kong model. The Kong in the trailer was definitely bigger than that.

Some are. Chimps though-- chimps are nasty. Never trust a chimp.

>Godzilla v Kong
It's vs. v implies it's a pretentious piece of shit.

Ah, I didn't know that. but still, It'd be interesting just so Kong could have a bit more equal footing with Big G.

the cgi model? i dunno.

Top kek

Let's also keep in mind that a male silverback gorilla can be up to 2x as big as a female. Whatever the size of this Kong is, if the theory of it being a female and the mother of King Kong were true, King Kong in the next movie could potentially be twice as big.

I would die happy if that was Kumonga, and we got Kamacuras in there too.

Or maybe he builds a suit of armour made from special bones on Skull Island

Well an average gorilla is less than 6ft and it could easily tear apart the tallest basketball player. He's also probably faster and smarter. Not to mention he can climb up shit and Godzilla is basically a walking skyscraper.
Either way its not really going to matter because it is almost definitely going to end ambiguously, a stalemate or have them team up to fight someone else.

Probably won't look like them design-wise because of copyright but they could easily just do a generic giant mantis and spider and hopefully a giant lobster

I'm really hoping that we get to see Kong in a Destroy All Monsters remake. That would really push it over the top.

Is it wrong I don't want Godzilla and King Kong to fight?

The only thing is its not really looking like a regular Gorilla it's more like the Toho Kong which is a lot more like a Sasquatch

Godzilla bros. I haven't touched this stuff since I was in elementary. Do they have the rights to that one kaiju with the sword arms and Cyclops XMen style laser eye

>a stalemate or have them team up to fight someone else.
this makes the most sense, because after Godzilla came out, Legendary said they wanted to use Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah.
whats stopping them from having Ghidorah sho up to has his ass beat by Kong and Godzilla?

>we don't have to fight

They're just beasts

Gigan? not sure.

That's kind of in line with the original King Kong anyway, though-- the original King Kong wasn't a scientifically accurate gorilla, so much as he was a gorilla-like monster. The remake is where he got the very accurate Gorilla-like proportions, and was made to be an actual giant gorilla. The 2017 version is a true ape monster like the original.

Kong looked as big as the Empire state building in the trailer.

Why does the plot of the movie is 2.5 hours of the CIA plane scene?

>This planet doesnt belong to us
>ancient species ruled this planet long before mankind

I get the feeling that John Goodman's character is part of Monarch or even knows Dr. Serizawa. that seems like the kind of shit he'd say.
kek

We don't know yet, however Toho has expressed enthusiasm for leasing more monsters to Legendary. I'm pretty sure that Ghidorah and Rodan have been confirmed. The culmination of Legendary's Kaiju cinematic universe is supposed to be a Destroy All Monsters remake, and that would mean licensing a bunch of monsters from Toho.

It will be Doomsday.

Guess he'll have to climb the WTC instead then.

>muh 9/11

Or maybe not. I don't think he's going to go to the city in this version but it's hard to tell just from a short teaser.

Tripfagging is lame

kek

What was that god tier quote from Del Totoro about how he'd rather not have them fight but invite them over for food?

Jackson's Kong handled the bugs really well to begin with. They were genuinely disgusting.

It just degenerated into the standard cgi overkill where green-screened actors run towards camera while pulling off a bunch of accidental near misses pretty quick.

nah doubt he will come back to NY. No boat will be able to carry him unless he escapes out of the Island and swims all the way kek

>Empire State Building comes alive, grabs a girl and climbs Kong

Unless the other user is right about the next movie featuring a descendant. I'm thinking the Kong in skull island gets dealt with on home turf but one of the sneaky corporate types on the survey team manages to sneak a baby out.

The eventual Kong v Godzilla fight would be great in NYC with Kong swinging round structures to give him a mobility advantage. Skyscrapers getting split in 2 are all the rage in effects movies these days.

Dude, have you ever heard of the power of love?

Fucking retard. Let me guess, American?

I know it won't happen, but in the back of my head I keep hoping that they secretly made a deal with Toho to put their Monster Island monsters in here
>The insects are Kumonga and Kamacuras
>Manda is the snake
>Dinosaurs are Baragon, Gorosaurus, and Varan
>Ebirah is in the waters around the island

dam that sounds like a movie I would pay to watch

Guys I got it.

In king vs god there will be multiple Kongs fighting godzilla at once.

I wouldn't mind that.

you are living in a dream world user. I 100% agree with you though

kek