Is pretending to like U2 some kind of new ironic meme here?

Is pretending to like U2 some kind of new ironic meme here?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQZLPV6xcHI
strawpoll.me/12791192/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It must be

No, pretending not to like U2 is the new ironic meme.

Has been a meme for years m8. If I listen to their early albums I can understand how people like it, not for me though.

Seriously. How could anybody with half-delevoped taste think U2 has ever put out a single iota of good music?

It's a byproduct of le kendrick worship

Kendrick likes them. So "we" like them now

You really think this has no merit whatsoever?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQZLPV6xcHI

u2 has always made shit pop rock for suburban moms. the fact that kendrick put him on his album has all his dickriders (98% of mu) memeing that they like them.

I've noticed that the people who are most critical of music tend to be more focused on who the music is supposed to be "for", or the band's fanbase, or the scene the band might be a part of instead of the actual music.

No. U2 sucks.

I think you're full of shit. Stop treating music as an extension of your special snowflake identity and just listen.

That's fucking retarrded. It was clearly a sellout move forced by record executives. Poptimism has gone too far if we're acclaiming fucking U2 now.

It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

U2 are great you plebian
Sure, since 2000 they've been a bit naff, but if they called it quits after Pop you'd be calling them one of the GOATs.

Someone's butthurt that they have a shit taste in music

Exactly. And to put it into context, Ireland is a papist country so Bono probably grew up having to go to mass every Sunday and listen to some dull oldfag drone on when he just wanted to play outside with the lads. :^)

You probably listen exclusively to obscure trash in an effort to make up for your shitty, boring personality.

Pro-tip: nobody's impressed, faggot

hahahahahahaha

And you think Sup Forums is above that?

I fucking hate U2

There was a week-long shitstorm on Sup Forums a few years ago when P4K praised some U2 reissues. The few U2 fans on Sup Forums came out of the woodwork and defended them. Anyone who thinks it's all just a recent thing is a newfriend.

I've been here for 3 years and I don't remember that.

It's not ironic. That's literally the taste of the board since 2014. Pleb pride is a thing now.

U2 is a good band these faggots just try to be contrarian

See, this is your average post now.

Sunday Morning

u2 is objectively terrible. critics hate them. patricians hate them. plebs hate them.

strawpoll.me/12791192/

Reminder that U2 is Sup Forums-approved

>Pleb Pride
jej go back to your shitty Thom Yorke and the Radioheads album
No actually only contrarians hate them both patricians and plebs like them

Kdot ft U2 means everyone loves them

Nobody is denying that they make catchy listenable pop music. Whining about politics or being featured by kendrick doesn't make the music any less dull and surface level. If you'd put on the first track of Remain In Light on you'd see an equally catchy physically movable song about political corruption similar to any U2 song you can throw out except it has progressive and artistic merits as well and hits way harder. Just because somebody prefers good pop music over bad pop music doesn't mean they are trying to be edgy or contrarian.

faked

How much U2 have you listened to?

>being this much in denial
As far as I know the poll has been posted only on Sup Forums over the course of six days

This sounds exactly like Bauhaus.

More than you've listened to any other band besides U2
My parents played them around the house all the time as a kid which is probably the same reason you can't let go of them.

u2 is dogshit