Need some advice here, Sup Forums. I am currently living with a family member...

Need some advice here, Sup Forums. I am currently living with a family member, we moved into a new house together at the same time. It is technically "their" house because they hold the mortgage. I have a verbal agreement with them that I will pay rent when I have a job. $300 a month for rent and 1/3 of the utilities when I have a job. That being said, when I had a job, they turned down any form of payment from me saying that I need it more than they do. Now that I am between jobs again, I am being told that I haven't paid rent since day one and they are fed up with it. They want me to move out by Monday. Now here is where I need advice. Since I have a verbal contract with them to pay rent whenever I have a job, don't they have to serve me an eviction notice with 30 days to leave? Since I haven't broken our verbal contract, and because we have a verbal contract, I should be considered a Tenant, correct? Thanks in advance, Sup Forumsros. Pic not related.

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mastermmo.fantastic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

>I am currently living with a family member, we moved into a new house together at the same time. It is technically "their" house because they hold the mortgage.

probably depends on what state you live in.

Verbal contracts aren't worth the paper they aren't written on.
A contract is only a contract if it's written down and notarized.

actually they do hold the same level of validity, the problem arrises from the difficulty of proving they where made in the first place, since there is no record.

I forgot to mention that I live in Arizona and a verbal agreement is a legal binding contract in my state

I have a screen shot of them admitting we have made said agreement, so I have proof of the verbal contract.

Is there an equivalent to an estoppel action (Ausfag here)? They made an unequivocal representation, you relied on that, they are now reneging on it to your detriment.

I'm not sure how to decipher your mumbo-jumbo

How about you stop acting like a fucking autistic faggot and get a job or get the fuck out. Your family members will start to hate you for being the freeloading fuck you are and make your life miserable. And FYI, digital images are inadmissible in a court of law.

So in essence they have the same validity, but in practice are not good to use unless you tape the agreement?

Mumbo-jumbo is when people say fancy words, that don't actually mean anything.
The other anons words were very legal minded, but just because you don't understand them, doesn't make it mumbo-jumbo.

they can't kick you out if you receive mail at their address

I do receive mail here, and the address is on my drivers license. I just need to know if I have to be given an eviction notice. I don't have enough time to move my things out by Monday. If they have to evict me than I will have plenty of time to leave. Either way, I'm the fuck out of here. They are trying to black mail me into giving them my newborns social security number so they can catch a tax break by claiming him. Basically, give me his social or get out by Monday.

If you push this the freeloading cunt way your pushing I hope they torture you rek your shit and when they finally push you out will not ever contact or be nice towards you in your life time.....

Wait your claiming cash on your kids and refusing to hand over any rent, your a master cuck cunt, I hope you get aids, autistic fagot, verbal contract means fucking nothing , if they say out in Monday then ask for a week to sort your shit like a real person

I am not claiming anyone on taxes, let alone filing. I didn't make enough reportable income last year to file. The mother of my child is claiming him, which she has every right to.

Get them to ask you for that info again.
Tape it.
Blackmail them back.
They're now paying for the first month of rent in your new place.

And when I say "reportable income" I mean I did not have a job that reported my wages to the government. Everything I did for money last year was through side jobs like fixing cars, installing stereos, cleaning, yard work, etc. And whenever I had gotten money for side jobs and tried to give them money towards rent, It was turned down.

I have a screenshot of them saying that as well. However, I won't blackmail them. I'm not going to fall to their level.

Oh okay, well then just report them for soliciting you to engage in criminal behavior.

That is worst case scenario. I can technically get a restraining order against them and when I come home they would have to leave, because that is my place of residence. However, I'm just trying to make sure I have enough time to get my shit out and find somewhere to put it.

Listen carefully OP

THEY REFUSED YOUR MONEY BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT YOU AS A TENANT IN THE FIRST PLACE HOPING YOU WOULD TAKE THE HINT.

Then realizing you are a loser and will never get a job, they plainly told you to get the fuck out.

I've been in your position once, and they never kicked me out on the streets because I didn't make waves.

You must have pissed mom and dad off to make them out their kid out on the porch.

So what is Op?
You are a stoner arent you.
Cant get a job because you cant pass a drug test right?
But you kept smoking the weed right?

Or it was something else you did...i know you did you little bullshitter you.

I've never done drugs actually.
The only thing I can think of is that this family member decided it would be okay to bang a good friend of mine. But after that thought it was okay to start dating them. And to top it off, move them in. So, I have no respect for my ex friend and talk shit to him constantly. I've come close to beating his ass a couple of times but I decided I'd rather not go to jail for assault. That would be my best guess as to "what I did".

Yeah, your problem is exactly like a traffic ticket. When you grow up, you'll understand that traffic court and a court of law are two completely different things...

Not OP but guilty, stoner and can't get a job cause of drug tests. But OP, this guy is right they don't want you there i'm in the same dilemma and i'm moving out right when I can get my tax break for my child (have a job lined up as well). Fortunately the people I stay with don't mind to wait for me to get my shit together though. Good luck OP.

You have a newborn and cant pay $300 in rent? Kys

Just get out of there, because
he is right.

Meant to refer to him

>estoppel

All money I make through side work goes to my son. And all money I offer to the home owner gets turned down. They say "you need it for your son more than I need it for rent". Ive even offered $20 here or there as a way to make an effort to contributing.

I'm getting the fuck out. Again, the only thing I need to know is if I can be kicked out with a three day notice or if I have to be given an eviction notice. Just trying to have enough time to get my shit out. They won't budge about me being out on Monday.

Believe it or not, I start a job on Wednesday this coming week. But, they didn't even take the time to ask me about my job situation. They just assumed I haven't been trying to find a job and when I told them they can't have the social they said get out.

idk about legal stuff but in your situation i would get my shit together ASAP. If there's some of your things left till monday I think it won't bother them if you come one more time

Wow well then that's some BS user. Have you thought of telling them you have a job lined up soon and see if they'll let you stay till you find a way to get out of there? If they just want your childs social, fuck them don't give them shit and leave. Same predicament as you man except its my girlfriends mom who is wanting the social to catch a tax break for herself. When I need it to GTFO out of this place and live with my child. Fuck this shit right???

I did tell them I have a job starting Wednesday. That doesn't even matter anymore because I won't give up my son's social. The funniest thing about all of this is that since I am not claiming myself, they are going to claim ME. Guess someone is going to have a tax audit when this is all over with. They legally cannot claim me because I am over the age of 18 and I'm not attending school.

You really should fuck them over for trying to engage you in committing fraud, they sound like cunts.

The direct answer to your question is you live there. Whether you currently pay rent or not, whether you have a written or verbal contract, it is your home.

You're a complete fucking asshole if you stay when you could leave, but the only person that can make you move is the sheriff with an eviction order signed by a judge.

Three day notice isn't shit, its just a letter to get you to move which isn't enforcable. They have to go to court, sue you and make you leave. But fucking leave the second you can because an eviction will fuck you for life. Like make you homeless and no way to rent an apartment. And why the fuck are you asking here and not reddit where you belong?

>What the fuck is reddit?
Where would I be able to find this information in Arizona Revised Statutes? If I could print out a statute that clearly states I am considered a resident and have to be given a proper eviction notice, that would help a lot.

You are so full of shit op. It's been fun watching your story morph into this ever darkening place. Nice B8...

They can file a restraining order and get him kicked out. Pretty simple to do.

That better for you, buttercup?

>What the fuck is reddit?

Are you trolling, or are you just that stupid?

Print it out for what? Your dumbfuck relatives? Your part is simple. Don't leave. If they call the cops, the cops will ask for proof you live there and then say, its a civil matter. Leave it up to the relatives to try to move your shit. On the other hand, if they lock you out or try to force you out, you can call the cops who will come and say "its a civil matter, you have to let him stay."

Welcome to adulting.

They have to have a justifiable reason to request a restraining order. I have made no threats and they have no proof of anything that would make a judge grant them a restraining order.

They still have to go to court. They have to believably allege he's a danger to the occupants of the house. He gets to be heard in court. Courts don't just put people out of their homes without just cause.

This has absolutely nothing to do with OP's situation.

The problem is, the only information I can find about verbal lease agreements says that if I break my contract by not paying rent I can be asked to move without notice. However I have not broken my verbal agreement. I'm having an issue finding anywhere on the court pages about whether or not my agreement is valid and if I have to be evicted since the terms are fairly unique.

Sure it does. It shows that electronic evidence is admissible in court, as long as it can be authenticated.

Mother fucker can't pay $300 rent and he's going to get an attorney?

Why would I need an attorney? Restraining orders aren't just handed out like fliers. You have to be able to proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the person is dangerous, has made threats, or that you have a reason to fear them. None of that is the case with me.

You know what? I hope you end up fucking homeless. Not everything in the law is written in a statute book especially in torts and contracts. Its called common law.

Your verbal lease is valid but irrelevant. It doesn't fucking matter.

This is an easy case: Do you live there, in other words, is it your only residence?

If yes, you get to stay. If no, you have to leave.

It happens every single day that a piece of shit who never paid rent or even has a lease goes from being a guest to a tenant once they've clearly intended to not to leave. Many people wrongly believe this is 30 days. It can be one night, one week, or any length of time.

Sounds to me like a compelling lie and some paperwork is all that's required. I can google too.

I definitely won't be homeless, but I do appreciate your concern on that matter.

If the whole "do you live there, is it your only residence" thing was legally binding, it has to be listed in a statute somewhere. Otherwise it wouldn't be legally binding.

Why do you come to Sup Forums of all places with a question when you seem to have all the answers already?

>it has to be listed in a statute somewhere.

Go fuck yourself. You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. Go suck dick for $300. You can probably get $5 at a time and have the money by Monday.

I don't have all the answers. Hence why I am asking.

wanna root??? ;) ;) ;)

Who pays the other 1/3?

You mean the other 2/3? We agreed on 1/3 seeing as how it is me them and the boyfriend. They pay 2/3 since its for 2 people.

Nah, I meant 1/3rd. You already said you and a family member. Wondering who was the other 1/3.

I said I was living with a family member. I never said it was just the two of us.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mastermmo.fantastic

No shit Sherlock. When you divide by three, that kinda cancels out two.

I am living with my divorced mother and her boyfriend told me to find a job and move the fuck out - I don't realise that my life will massively improve once I am on my own, instead I am trying to stretch this out for as long as possible.

P.S. I was too afraid of what people here would think and say, so i tried to make it sound kewl by using 'family member'.

P.P.S. I'm in my mid to late 20s.

Also, when they told you to keep the money as you need it more - that is a hint that they want you to save and find a place of your own.

Are you a nigger.

Who's name is on the mortgage, mom or her bf?