Girl has david bowie t shirt

>girl has david bowie t shirt
>ask her if she listened to low
>she askes me what's that

why do girls pretend to like david bowie?

It's trendy to pretend to know musicians who die

>why do girls pretend to like music?
FTFY

>expecting her to know anything about Bowie except for Labyrinth, Space Oddity, Starman and maybe Life on Mars

>girl has david bowie t shirt
>ask her if she listened to low
>she says "yes"
>we talk about bowie for a while

why is Sup Forums so bitter?

>girl was listening to iggy pop (i see him on her spotify)
>tell her i recently re-listened to The Idiot
>"what's that?"
>one of his albums
>oh i was listening to Lust for Life!

3/10 conversation

so what's that

Get over yourself.

this

She was listening to the song or the album?

Not him, but most likely the song. It is very popular

>girl on train has ramones shirt
>ask her what other punk rock she likes
>she goes off on a 10 minute tirade about how "real punk rock" didn't start until hardcore showed up on the scene, and that playing beach pop really really fast was a stupid and redundant thing to call punk rock
>i tell her she's a moron if she thinks iggy pop/the stooges weren't the prototype for all future punk rock bands
>she goes to respond but i realize the argument caused me to miss my stop
fucking ramones

>starting conversations with people wearing band shirts you can find in hot topic

what did you expect

Oh great you're one of those pricks that quizzes everybody on the band shirt they're wearing.

Some people just like certain albums, or even songs, by the band. It's just a fucking shirt dude, chill out.

Most female Bowie fans I know have heard Low, it's his most acclaimed fucking album besides Ziggy and maybe Hunky Dory. Sadly most haven't heard Station To Station though, my personal favourite.

>see girl with cool artist t shirt
>test if she's a true fan
What the fuck is wrong with you people

She's not wrong

>ask a random girl if she knows something
>get disappointed

I don't think I've ever met a person who has listened to anything more than Space Oddity and Under Pressure. I may have met a couple of people who also heard Rebel Rebel. Which is really sad.

/thread

I don't do any of those things, but that doesn't make women's taste in music any better.

My cousin