New GAS

how are you guys liking this one? i'm pleased as hell

Tied with Pop for best.

fantastic. exceeds expectations for sure.

Can someone explain the intrigue here. I like some ambient but this was hard to make it through to the end. Very uninteresting to me.

any standouts for you guys? 5 is gorgeous. the tinkling strings in 6 are great too.

was this your entry point for gas? might not be the best one desu. Oktember is a good place, or Pop of course.

as for the appeal (and maybe this just speaks to my naivety in ambient music) i find gas to be an extremely unique take on the genre. the beats are enough to keep me engaged and paying attention to the finer details and the palette Voigt works in is consistently lush

yeah it was their first I've listened to. I saw all the hype surrounding it and figured it was worth checking out

yeah narkopop hews closer to his pre-pop stuff (which is really only 2 albums, as gas) which is markedly different from Pop. Pop is definitely worth your time even if you never get to the rest.

actual music discussion :,)

Rank Gas's discography

Pop
Königsforst
Narkopop
Oktember
Zauberberg

(never listened to his first one)

bum

why does everyone say Pop is his best? his best is clearly Konigsforst.

Pop is his most accessible so it's no surprise people like it the best.

this album is a blessing

10 is so fucking nice

Loving this album. My AOTY currently, it's so rewarding and fresh

It's incredibly dense, are you paying enough attention to it? Listen to something like track 8 and the way the classical samples subtly morph and give off an unsettling atmosphere. Gas' albums tend to have this air of quiet mystery to them that's unlike a lot of other ambient albums.

>mfw narkopop 5 begins

>narkopop 2 is at its last third

narkopop is the most consistent Gas release

yes or nah?

liked it a little bit less than Konigsforst (which i like a hell of a lot more than Pop)

is Pop dismissed so much because of the lack of beats?

and string samples I'll add.

What are you talking about? It's one of his most acclaimed albums.

dismissed by mu brother

Which is funny because Gas isn't even music.

it's his most varied, but his most consistent in quality so yeah. there isn't a single track that doesn't add something different to the album.

need to hear this fuck

it's goat sleepy music

it was a gas

Anyone have a link? Where you guys getting it?

I uploaded it to my blog and my mega account was taken down ):

Pop> Narkopop> Zauberberg> Konigforst> Oktember> Gas

I NEED THIS.

So good. Didn't know he was making a new GAS-album so was a really pleasant surprise.