Are we going to see a new Leicester every year now?

Are we going to see a new Leicester every year now?

Other urls found in this thread:

transfermarkt.com/leicester-city/transfers/verein/1003/plus/0?saison_id=2015&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=
bbc.com/sport/football/27387616
skysports.com/football/news/11712/9309740/sky-bet-championship-leicester-citys-owner-targets-top-five-finish-in-premier-league
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50+1_rule#Criticism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Atletico had less money when they won their league than Leicester did when they won.

But Atletico are traditionally the 3rd-most successful club in Spain. Only Barca and Real have more titles, it's not like they came out of nowhere the way that Leicester did.

Aren't Valencia usually the 3rd most successful?

it's not 00' anymore

Leicester have given many small teams hope. It is hardly unexpected for some of them to step up.

are you guys retarded? leipzig isn't compareable to leicester in anyway, they're buying the league.

Not really ,they're spending less than hoffenheim did and less than bayern/dortmund/leverkusen/Wolfsburg this season

RB Leipzig spending in the summer of 2016: 47 million euros
Leicester spending in the summer 2015: 50 million euros

Obviously it's different in the context of their leagues (PL spending will always be more than Bundesliga spending), but it's not like Leicester were some poor little club. Their owners spent serious money to get them promoted and to keep them in the league. The official goal was to make the top 5, they just wildly overshot that goal.

but leicester don't farm their players from rb salzburg
red bull clubs are cancer and shouldn't be allowed to play in official games

leicester spent £18.6 million in the summer you fucking idiot

>s-someone besides Buyern can invest millions into their squad, this isn't fair

>18.6 million

Okazaki: 11 million
Kante: 9 million
Benaloune: 7 million
Inler: 7 million
Amartey: 6.6 million
Gray: 5.1 million
Huth: 4.2 million

transfermarkt.com/leicester-city/transfers/verein/1003/plus/0?saison_id=2015&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Looks like Gray and Amartey arrived in the winter. That sill leaves Leicester with about 38 million euros spent though.

But they owned loads of their players because if dodgy third party deals.

t. buyern customer

*with at least 38 million

Well at the moment there's a small team called Liverpool at the top of our table who are primarily known by Irish Drunks and Gypsies

Why everyone hate them?

nobody hates them, RB is /our team/.

They're buying the league and they're cheating by ignoring the 50+1 rule.

they bring a breath of fresh air to the Buyernwinslol league so no one should hate them.

>the 50+1 rule
what is that?

A rule that German clubs have which says that a club's members must own 50% plus 1 share of the club. Exceptions are made for Leverkusen and Wolfsburg, which were both originally founded by Bayer and Volkswagen about a century ago.

Red Bull has sidestepped the rule by only having a few dozen members in its club, nearly all of whom work for Red Bull. Hoffenheim got around it too, but I don't remember how.

I know burgers are dumb but this is kind of embarassing.

Summer spending:
Huth: 3 million
Okazaki: 7 million
Kante: 5.6 million
Inler: 3 million
Benaloune: 5.6 million (If you even want to count him, he played almost no part in their success)

Which would make £24.2 million. Converting that to Euros would not add another 14 million. Considering how useless Benaloune was and the fact they offloaded him asap I'd rather not count him, which would make 18.6 mil as the user said.

Can we just ban these flags from talking abot football?

What source are you using for those numbers? I got mine from transfermarkt, I was under the impression that they're pretty reliable. Also:

11+9+7+7+4.2=38.2

That's excluding Amartey and Grat.

We can also reduce the value of Inler because he didn't play a big role? The amount a club uses in a transfer window should be revaluated at the end of the season depending on games played, goals scored, etc. for each new player? Fucking moron

it's the "Only Bayern is allowed to spend several millions every transfer period" rule.

thx la

>GDR flag
Isn't Dynamo Dresden used to be a neonazi club?

RB Leipzig are great, it's great how wound up all you "hurr durr real football" Germans get

Also I've been to Leipzig and it's a really cool place

>The official goal was to make the top 5

The season after looking certainties for relegation and having t go on a crazy run to avoid it?

Why are Americans allowed to post freely in football threads?

You have just been visited by the based Austrian of energy drinks and sponsorship.
Money and support will come to you and your beloved ones, but only if you post "RED BULL VERLEIHT FLÜGEL" in this thread.

bbc.com/sport/football/27387616

skysports.com/football/news/11712/9309740/sky-bet-championship-leicester-citys-owner-targets-top-five-finish-in-premier-league

All tradizionverein from ex-DDR are plagued by neonazis

RED BULL VERLEIHT FLÜGEL

Why did red bull had such a succes, i don't drink so is it really a good energy drink ? Is it popular worldwide ? Do americans drink it for example ?

Energy drinks are shit but it's the nicest one

Think they just have good marketing more than anything

>Do americans drink it for example ?

It's fairly popular in America, mainly among students who need to stay awake for parties or to study.

Don't you americans have energy drinks with way more caffeine than red bull ?

RED BULL VERLEIHT FLÜGEL

wrong they spent more than leverkusen/wolfsburg this season

Not really. Monster and Rockstar are fairly popular as well, but they're about the same as Red Bull when it comes to how unhealthy they are for you. And I'd say that Red Bull is the most popular by far, mainly because of the marketing.

they're sneaky
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50+1_rule#Criticism

It's a pretty easy loophole to exploit tbf. IIRC Hoffenheim did something similar.

>team named after an energy drink
I hope no one seriously supports this team.

>the city of inter

>the city of Manchester

Fucking christ, Inter.

RB doesn't stand for red bull my amerifat friend. Pls consider to stop posting in football threads asap.

Retard?

I thought they were called "Red Bull" in the Bundesliga and "Rasenballsport" in the Champions League. Did that change?

What's impressive is Atletico had the bad luck of losing to Real for 11 years

That's tough and they turned that around

>That's tough and they turned that around

In the league, at least. They've continued the tradition in the CL.

Fucking this.

RED BULL VERLEIHT FLÜGE

Pretty sure the Germans never let it be called red bull

You're probably thinking of Salzburg, where they are just FC Salzburg in European competition but FC Red Bull Salzburg in the (austrian) bundesliga

But the Austrians are mental, pretty sure they have (or did have) a team called SC Cashpoint Altach or something along those lines

No. In the Bundesliga they are called "RasenBallsport" Leipzig. You can't have a team names after your sponsor in germany.

In the Europa League right now, RB Salzburg play as FC Salzburg because of UEFA sponsorship restrictions. They also change their crest.

If RB Leipzig do end up competing in the Champions League next year, they will have to do the same thing RB Salzburg does in the Europa League.