ADD/ADHD Thread

ADD/ADHD Thread

>where are my hyperactivity faggots

Never had 30mgs. Currently use 20mg XR. Do you use everyday or just when needed?

diagnosed when i was 9 put on 54mg of methylphenidate.
in retrospect this had extreemly negative effects on my life, mostly my social development because i was zonked into zombie mode.
turns out getting a kid so buzzed on uppers he essentials has no free will makes his teachers happy while his natural male rambunctiousness does not.

fuck "ADD". fuck doctors giving speed to children. fuck my teachers for convincing my parents to essentially drug me out of my own mind just to satisfy a bunch of retards who find energetic children to be an unacceptable problem.

im using it everyday but i feeling like a piece of shit.......

i feel the same it just killed my sooul feeling like a anxious piece piece of shit everyday but without the pills i can remember anything ....

Interesting, I went to the doctor at 22 because I couldn't get my shit together no matter how hard I tried. Took a 4 hr test to get diagnosed
I only use on days I have class or have hw/need to study. I don't like being woke AF during work. It takes my personality away and makes me anxious about mistakes

". It takes my personality away and makes me anxious"

>it makes me anxious every time

Thanks Doc

Lurking in the shadows as always

what are you doing ? Ritalin Adderall ot Suicide

I usually feel fine but if I fuck up at work I panic. I use about 4 times a week 20mg a day. I usually end up with 2 weeks worth of pills at the end of the month when it's time to go back to get a new prescription. I used to sell it to a buddy of mine but now I just save them in a separate RX bottle incase I ever need them but can't access a doctor to buy them

Concerta and Medikinet. Just taking them whenever I need them.

dont know why your taking ADD meds which are almost always a NRI if you suffer from anxiety/panic attacks. really not the right meds at all for that, if anything they would make the problem worse.

It only happens while on the meds. I don't have anxiety without them

You niggers made it fucking impossible to finish a highschool day without getting a headache. neck yourselves.

I was on xr, reg addy, ritalin, concerta for abt 7 or so years tbh none it really was a generally good experience? It made me anti-social, i never ate, and it sort of just kind of blunted me if that makes sense. I never understood the allure of addys but i was prescribed 100s of pills monthly and i eventually just stopped taking them midway thru highschool. I never knew that people paid for these shits so it was all given to buddies free or thrown away.

Eh it was my loss looking back because i had probably a 1000+ Blue XRs (idk the mg medium size??) in my prescription cabinet at my parents house.

ahh that makes sense i thought you were saying you use ADD meds to treat anxiety.

because i have ADHD feel like shit without them ......

No idea

Long time user
Kindergarten-2 years post college
Can't use methylphenidate bc body is immune
Was running 80 mg a day Vyvanse/Adderall
Now down to 70

same here. Jaded the fuck out of me and i was like a sleep darted animal on that shit. Once i stopped taking that fuckin shit i could actually talk to someone without having a fucking anxiety attack.

Blues are 10mg

ADD pills hepled for like 60% and the rest i liks 40 % anxiety............

How much do people pay for addys if they still do these days at all.

people with "add" which is usually but not always a lack of dopamine which is in part what your brain uses to keep track of thoughts and by extention your attention.
but it is normal to lack dopamine when you are forced to sit silently in a chair staring at the front of a classroom you have no desire to be in while listening to shit you have no interest in as a male child who is naturally stimulated by physical activity as opposed to some stupid woman in her 30s blathering on about multiplication or something else as irrelevant to a child as math is.

ADD is a solution to an imagined problem. ADD in male children is natural. I would only expect disciplined academic study from a male child if he were legitimately autistic.

fuck doctors.

I'm sorry the people responsible for your upbringing failed you and chose to blame a condition instead of their shitty attempt and shaping a functional human

Nobody should have to grow up that way

do you ever feel like a piece of shit or did it helped

im from germany and i get like 50 pills (5mg) for like 5 €

stopped taking my meds a couple months ago, they just made me feel super depressed. I think it's because I had all this energy pent up inside of me with no way to get it out.

ADHD sucks.

Haven't seen them go higher than $10 per pill. People typically buy 30mgs though, for lower dosages anywhere from 5$-10$. They're not profitable, you probably profit $2 per pill if you bought them from the pharmacy. Pain killers are where the money is at. You can sell them > $20 per pill

ritalin helped me when i was like 12 but after turned 20 its just like a emotional roller coaster

What do you think of adult ADD?

i think dumping dopamine into your synapses produces stimulating effects and also raises the "noise floor" for what holds your attention.
i do not doubt the pharmacological effectiveness of amphetamine like drugs, nor do i doubt that people have differing brain chemisty which makes these medications effect them in ways it might not effect others.

that being said i do not think ADD exists outside of an umbrella term for symptoms which are perfectly normal.
it is natural to not uninterested in things which do not interest you. if you must participate in those things then maybe speed will help you do so more comfortably, you are an adult and you can decide when how and with what to medicate yourself with.

ADD is bullshit. speed makes like easier sometimes, that is for sure, inventing an amorphous ambiguous physiological disorder to socially justify your drug use is a mistake that has real consequences when that rationalization is taken seriously and then applied to children whos dopamine systems are stilldeveloping and who have nosay in the matter.

I always thought now looking back as an adult and not taking any for so many years how being on that shit took so many experiences from me. I agree wholeheartedly that add/adhd in KIDS, is bs because children are just that. As far as this bullshit wave of add/adhd in adults, fucking have some discipline, dont be a fucking test subject for this imaginary fuckery.

Said fuck no to drugs

yeah, im thinking that i should stop ritalin, adderrall or dexedrine but without it im feeling like shit .....

Just went buying my refill, weeeeeeeh!

are you okay with it ?

honestly, my resistance has gone up a lot, so I am considering taking a 2-3 weeks break... [30mg XR btw]

...and i don't have health insurance, so it's kinda or expensive, but I can work and pull all-nighters, so =/

im not a doctor and my understanding of the relevant pharmacology is amature though not insignificant.
it is my opinion that amphetamines or n-phenidate type drugs can be a useful medication to help you deal with life in a way that help you. same for any drug really.
but when people say they have adult ADD and therefore take some kind of speed it is not like they are getting something out of the drug that other people don't. drugs are supposed to treat a problem but this implies that there is no problem. your stimulation threshold is not exactly the same as the nexy guy nor are the things which stimulate you, most people take ADD medication for this reason.
a legitament reason, im sure, but not a Phycological disorder, not even abnormal.

depression is the real manifestation of a lack of dopamine, your taking speed not because your brain lacks dopamine but because you are not satisfied with the stimuli that currently provides you with dopamine and speed fixes this issue very nicely, though not without cost.

tldr: it is not a sin to medicate, booze can releave stress, speed can help you focus on shit you have no real interest in, pot can mellow a high strung person out. the sin happens when you abuse these things and they become more detrimental to the life as you are trying to live it than the problems they were supposed to treat.

i think speed is good for some people, bad for most. only you can have any idea which category you fall into.

can you sleep on it ? how much did it cost you ?

you know you can buy methylphenidate and ethylphenidate online for like $40 a gram, on the clearnet no less. google "rc sourses reddit". plenty of vendors out there.

i feel like shit on adderall or ritalin but i feeling great on alcohol or weed so i smoke weed more than a i do add pills

over the past month, i was able to fall asleep a few times on it [which is crazy IMO], that's why i wanna take a break

it depends on the brand and generic [from $67.86 to $140] vs branded [even $215], in NYC that's still ''affordable''

thanks, i'll look into it!

sober for 4 years now, user. i want to do meth again so fucking badly, but i know i shouldn't

yeah dopamine doesn't really make you feel good per-se.
thats why ritalin sucks ass as a recreational drug.
they are not supposed to make you feel good they are supposed to effect your stimulation threshold and by that mechanism your ability to grant your attention.

Add user here
>Adderall and a fidget spinner to keep me focused in college daily

yeah i do it all the time, shipped to america.
still methylphenidate is schedual 2 and its a misdomener in most places to posses it without a prescription, just FYI.

certainly doesn't stop me though.

i always use "smokeyschemsite" as a clear net drug vendor. never had a problem and they have a large selection of stims.

cant you do adderall or ritalin ? i mean meth will kill you ....

compared to meth adderall and ritalin are literally trash. might as well put fucking flower up your nose to compare those drugs, lol.

people are addicted to meth because it puts serotonin AND dopamine in your brain, ritalin does not and adderall just barely does but not enough to matter much.
ritalin/etc is chemically habbit forming but not for the exact same reason and not even close to the same level as meth.

Not OP, but i use 30mg LA, usually twice a day. Im pretty hyper and cant stay quiet without them, usually have problems concentrating a lot.

i hope you will get better

I pay 7 dollars for 90x 10mg

It's norepinephrine and dopamine that are affected. Not serotonin.

do you have anything to cal down from it ?

i'm good. don't worry about me :)

>norepinephrine
doesn't make your feel good and isn't habbit forming at all really. one thing you do not develop a tolerance to is adrenaline, that would be very bad for survival in the wild.

it is serotonin. meth isn't a strong SRI but it is a much stronger SRI than ritalin.

infact the norepniephrine is generally what makes the crash you get after abusing amphetamines so fucking terrible. its pretty much all bad in any significant amount.

it's just not the same, user. addy helps keep you awake, but that's about all. for me, addy is the same as drinking a couple cups of coffee... meth improves my mood and helps me to engage in the world again. normally i socially isolate myself.

Do you mean calm down?

Balls deep studying globular monoid construction

It is almost entirely norepinephrine and dopamine. Research it.

Also, adrenaline is epinephrine, not norepinephrine. Norepinephrine is heavily involved in the learning of addictive behaviors.

SRI amphetamines help me in this way also.
when i take them i feel like what i imagine the normal person feels like in terms of social engaging with other humans. normally i have zero interpersonal interest apart from having sex simply because it is enjoyable.
the only person i am in contact with outside of my profession is a girl i don't love and if it wasn't for my dick i would not even participate in that relationship.
i make friends easily because i am light hearted and joke a lot but i have no desire to maintain relationships, even with my immediate family though i would sacrifice very much for their sake as i so love them.

yeah the calm down is the hell for me

i'm not studied on the science of it all, like some of you anons are, but as a former addict, there is a MASSIVE difference between meth and any other stimulant.

goddamn, user, i could have written that. i have to make a conscious effort to maintain family contacts. non-familial associations are just not important enough for me to maintain, even though i'm very lonely and want to have plutonic and romantic relationships. i just don't have the "umph"

I just really have problems concentrating for a while after i stop taking them, it's actually not bad at all for me. It seems like most people have way bigger problems stepping away from it than i do.

was on dexmethylphenidate 10mg.
got taken out due to hypertension and now only on clonidine .1mg morning and night

also, it's not ADD/ADHD, it's just ADHD

adhd inattentive type
adhd hyperactive/impulsive type
adhd combined type

i have done my research. i am no expert but i am not ignorant either.
i admit the possibility that im wrong but i am pretty skeptical of it. maybe you are wrong but i don't really care enough to crack open a text book right now.

>even though i'm very lonely and want to have plutonic and romantic relationships.
yeah but the thing is i don't really get lonely. and i have been lonely i know what its like but i am just content to pass time alone and don't have trouble enjoying myself when i am doing something i like.

>re: loneliness
my only other drug of choice is the emotions of a romantic partner. i feed off of them, so loneliness kinda sucks donkey dick for me. my ex divorcing me when i didn't want to divorce really didn't help this much

Can someone tell me if I should be on a course of this shit?

I can't listen to a full conversation without starring off for a few seconds, can't listen through a full lecture, and can't get work done because I don't give a shit about anything anymore. Will Vyvanse/Adderall make me more miserable or help?

i feel pretty lonely and sad

I'm a doctor :) the stimulants that act on monoamine oxidase can have some effect on serotonin. But mainly most of their action comes from dopamine and NE.

Hearing shit like this makes me glad I didn't get diagnosed until summer after freshman year of college

strong empowered independent womynz can't handle raising boys. i blame feminizm

ok if you are a doctor then maybe you can help my understanding which you say is wrong, and i do admit that possibility;

is its all DRI NRI then why does meth make you feel euphoria and ritalin will never.
why does molly and some psychedelics like acid make your feel euphoric in the same way if not that they are SRI.
high doses of n-phenidate and adderol will have are DRI/NRI effects but the experience will never be anything like meth/molly or speed with significant SRI activity.

i ask this not as part of the debate but out of interest in the topic.

even a low potency SSRI can have a large effect if the SSRI is selective in the right way.

be happy AD/ADHD is fucking stupid

Fuck yes un medicated for over 20 years niggerfag

what ? Adderall or Ritalin ?

doesn't matter how medicated or not you are, what matters is that you are able to enjoy your life and live it well according to your own standards.

who are you to judge a man for taking an action that betters his position in this reality, would you not do the same if you thought such an action would help you?

I stopped using the drugs cus I felt fucking weird on 'em. I guess I was calmer and could focus easier but I knew that something was wrong. It was just a really eerie feeling

inattentive checking in,

meldonium is better than any drug doctors prescribe for ADD plus it improves our mood and helps in the gy,m

>an
im dead with Ritalin and Adderall ......... but im god with with weed

ADHD/ADD isn't real.

i can do noting without it........ and i can do nothing without it

maybe its just the gym that helps you.

having something that you are able to expend enough energy on that you become actually tired i think helps me a lot.
also even though i have a "super powerful" case of ADD according to doctors and their tests i have zero, read it: ZERO problems concerning things i have genuine interest in, which includes my job. i am more socially and professionally capable than most of my peers and i can't for the life of me pass a high-school level class because i am so learning-disabled. how does that work?

it bullshit. im not disabled i just can't fake interest and why should i anyway. i consider it an asset now that i am not constantly being told how much of a problem in my life it is.

I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child and was only on medication for a week before my dad took me off it because I became aware that it was the reason I was doing better in school. He wanted me to just think I was suddenly doing better and taking the medicine for unspecified reasons.

>Haven't been on any kind of medication since and life has been a bitch.
>Barely graduated and probably only because the teachers liked me fudged my grades.
>Went through job after job, having very hard times speaking with strangers but being forced to in order to work and survive.
>Developed social mask over the years, very thorough and extremely convincing.
>Get married.
>Have two kids.
>POS wife abandons me with kids.
>25 now with no trade and unemployed with 2 kids.
>Decide to take advantage of state single parent school grants.
>State makes me jump through flaming hoops to get grants.
>Learn HVAC.
>Today, 37, a successful HVAC technician with the perfect mask and great at my job.
>Suffering from sociopathic tendencies emerging from my own forced emotional neglect.
>Constantly imagine how terrible it would be to lose my kids over whatever I happen imagine that day.
>My face when I laugh and joke with customers every days while hearing my little boys scream in terrible agony inside all day.

I've always heard people who grew up taking meds for it complain when they get older, but people who are older who finally start taking it say it's life changing and that they almost universally report "Finally knowing what normal feels like".
The thought, even now, makes my eye water. What the fuck does normal feel like? What's it like to have normal dopamine levels? To feel deeply interested? To be among people and not be terrifyingly conscious of putting one foot in front of the fucking other just to fucking walk in their presence?

Many people experience euphoria when taking Ritalin, especially if done in a way that I will not disclose.

You are correct that MDMA affects serotonin; its mechanism of action is inhibition of SERT, resulting in prolonged action of serotonin in the synaptic cleft. I guess I should have been more clear when I mentioned stimulants that I was talking more about Adderall/Ritalin/methamphetamine.

As I mentioned before, meth does have some effect on serotonin due to its action as an MAO inhibitor, but it also displaces NE and dopamine from their vesicles, resulting in their diffusion into the synaptic cleft. So it has a far larger effect on NE and dopamine.

And honestly we have some understanding of how these things work, but we lack a ton of knowledge regarding drugs and the brain in general.

He means putting it in your butt.
He doesn't want you to put it in your butt.
Because it's awesome.

Not him but I would guess that is because adderall and ritalin aren't the same thing. Ritalin is methylphenidate, while adderall is amphetamine. meth (short for meth-amphetamine) has an extra methyl group on its tail, other then that the chemical is identical to adderall (i think, i've only taken three semesters of chemistry)

I'm on 36mg of concerta, every day, to feel normal...

thanks, im usually very careful and respectful of Federal, State, and Local laws

You are correct, they have slightly different mechanisms of action. Methylphenidate is a DAT/NET blocker, d-amphetamine (Adderall) essentially displaces dopamine/NE from their vesicles, reverses the direction of the dopamine/NE transporters and results in much higher concentrations of dopamine/NE in the cleft.

Adderall 1,Ritalin 2, something else

the guy who came up with ADHD said he made it up on his deathbed.

Dexedrine /Adderall) are better hen Ritalin for me ...

>but we lack a ton of knowledge regarding drugs and the brain in general.
absolutely.

so your answer is basically that meth is affective mainly in the N and D and not so much in the S, but that doesn't really answer my question.
why does meth feel euphoric along with chemicals from the coninone group which also produce very significant euphoria unique to drugs that act on seratonin like molly and to a lesser extent cocaine which can make you feel euphoric also.

euphoria is absolutely not explained by D and N alone, if your railing ritalin your an outlier and the pharmacology i am talking about is that not. clearly railing the shit has different effects, thats why people do it. im talking about average use which is pill or insulffating.

i get that attributing specific shit like euphora to specific nerotranmitters is an oversimplification but so is attributing the general level of a nerotransmitter in the brain to specific pharmocology, i.e. assuming meth is not significantly active enough with S to explain the euphoric and empathetic effects that it shares with very few other drugs.
i will reiterate that it is not the D and R that explain this, ritalin can put a quite enough of both in you to compete with meth on those terms in my opinion. maybe that opinion is wrong.
i think this is a pretty grey area in general and the D/S/N levels are a serious oversimplification of the mechanisms at play.

he was probably a kike, too

its a myth

Adderall and Dexedrine are also bertter for me ,,,