"Earn this."

>"Earn this."

ITT: Moments in movies women will never, EVER, understand

>movie about the value of a single life in the largest war of mankind reduced to a retarded platitude
The last half hour of that movie is complete dogshit

>jews

>said no one ever

shekels

Nice reddit tier post there

Until recently I always thought he said "Ernest", as if he were telling Private Ryan his name or something.

Some day I'll meet a girl whose as turned on by this scene as I am.

>muh "honor"
>muh "loyalty"
>muh "sacrifice"
>muh "military"
>muh "camaraderie"

Military. It's essentially a declaration that you've lost the game.

Think about it. The power of free will and you *still* settle for slavery. Wonderful, no?

From an early age, you're influenced by your environment. Your parents (or lack of), teachers (in some manner, shape or form) and other mentors can help steer your life in a direction, whichever direction that may actually be.

However, during all of this, if you're still alive and have most of your bodily functions, there are a whole world of opportunities available to you. Especially in this day and age of technological marvels and the wonders of the Internet to provide information (and, of course, misinformation.)

The military should not even be an option, at this point, because not only is there enough information to suggest that joining it is only for those who've allowed themselves to be brainwashed by a military-industrial complex keen on retaining what power they have left ... but there is also enough information available for people to make their own decisions on what they'd like to do, instead.

Still, people join. They wish to be broken down and remoulded in somebody else's image.

This is a sign of weakness. Of allowing one's self to be influenced and corrupted by those with power and ambition. Essentially, those who join the military are no-better than mindless sheep.

>tl;dr: Join the military? You're a faeces-flinging, irradiated, nuclear-powered rhesus monkey who enjoys others making decisions for you.

Cuck

*tips fedora*

Shut up, you must be a fucking woman!!

You have to be 18 to post on this website.

how did he blow up the tank with a pistol though

And there it is. The "fedora". Right on schedule.

You are the cancer that destroyed this place and is now proceeding to destroy humanity. Everything you touch, is shit. YOU are shit. Everything you will ever amount to, everybody you will ever know and everything you will ever do, will be shit.

You rob everything of its integrity and you spew your "buzzwords" as though they're gospel. You brag about accomplishments that aren't yours to what passes for your "friends" and they reward you with empty applause. Empty. Like everything else in your life. You have never possessed one ounce of dignity, honor or self-respect. Others do not respect you. In all likelihood they will NEVER respect you.

I do not wish death upon the likes of you. I do not wish for you to end your vapid, hollow existence. Instead, I revel in the knowledge that, with each year that passes, you will descend more and more into the despair and depression that will inevitably follow your teenagehood. I wish I could be there to see the look on your face as the revelation hit you. The revelation that you are nothing and always have BEEN nothing. I wish I could be there to tell you, "I told you so" with a wry smile on my face.

That this will never happen, is my only regret. Enjoy what passes for your life, child, because in a few years when adulthood hits you with full-force, you will not even be REMOTELY prepared for it.

shut up he's right

What's worse is those last 10 patronising minute sin the graveyard. Spieljew is the king of maudlin manipulation of low IQ tards. He did the exact same shit in bridge of spies

You're a retard

He asked him to live a worthy life, to make sure that his offer was a worthy one

Oh look, it's this pasta again.
Here's your (you), plus tip.

So you're a combat vet, right? Cause if you aren't, then there is absolutely now way you could ever understand that.

You're just as dumb and ignorant as the FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMALES you claim to hate.

He was telling Ryan to live a life worthy of the men that were killed to save him.
The whole point of the movie was the conversation about when a man was more important than the mission.

This nigga gets it, everyone that doens't agree is a cuck.

They could have left if they wanted to, like he said, their objective was to win the war and that bridge was critical. Hanks character was a dick in the movie and that was a stupid line, Ryan deserved to go home after what happened to his brothers and he was a bro for staying. That last line just puts an unnecessary burden on him.

what film?

*tipping intensifies*

looks like kids

So who had the more powerful stand? This guy or N'Doul?

Nah man Bridge of Spies is solid from beginning to end
SPR betrays itself at the end; it's biggest flaw is not bad inherently, but out of inconsistency

This isn't even wrong
>Do ROTC for college because I was afraid of the responsibility of paying for school, afraid of the responsibility of looking for a job, afraid of the responsibility of building self worth and wanted the prestige of being a commissioned officer
>Know I'm going to have to leave for medical reasons
>Scared as shit I'll have to figure out my life
>Get out
>Immediately understand the value of freedom
>All my friends beginning their 6-8 year commitments regretting it
Holy shit I got lucky

imo not as bad as you say, but this and Schindler's List are both overrated Oscar bait, Schindler's List is still a good movie though, Saving Private Ryan is alright also, just not this patriotic, deeply significant masterpiece. The opening scene is always lauded for being so brutal and realistic but I find it pretty tame, anyone else?

He's Casper the friendly ghost with AIDS

N'doul
it was basically water it didnt need any other source to move and his range was bullshit

It's brutal not because it's over the top, buy because it's realistic
Realistic violence is always harder to stomach than ultra cartoonish gore

It's not?

>Spieljew is the king of maudlin manipulation of low IQ tards
This is why he's the people's champ

>Bridge of Spies is solid from beginning to end
The last 10 minutes of him returning home to his family are totally unnecessary.

This

>Be Ryan
>Just find out all of my brothers have died
>The people telling me this hate my guts
>Turns out they've been searching for me for days while my platoon and I were fighting and risking our lives on the frontlines
>Get told a German counterattack is coming
>I decide to stay and go out fighting with the only brothers I have left
>Captain decides to stay as well and put the rest of his men at risk for no reason
>Almost all of our guys die and most of the Captain's squad but we hold the line
>I'm exhausted, mentally broken, guilt ridden over people whose help I never asked for dying over me, heartbroken for my family and dead friends
>Seeing the captain is wounded I check to see if he's okay
>His last words to me:
>Dude I'm dying. Feel guilty over the deaths of people my decisions caused and not you for the rest of your life lmao

>feeling any kind of sympathy for a bunch of rednecks
I couldn't care less about WWII veterans. They're all old white racist guys

bridge of spies is terrible though

I have news for you man, nobody joins the military out of patriotism or to be a hero any more. Oh, they'll tell you that's the reason they enlisted, but it's not.

99 times out of 100 people join the military because they knocked up their girlfriend, or because they fucked up in school so much that they can't get into college, or they have a bad record and can't get a regular job at all. There's a million different stories, but they all boil down to the same thing: they had nowhere else to go. No better prospects in life. And as shitty as military life is, they do tend to take care of you and your family, and for a lot of people that's a good enough reason to sell your personal liberty.

The truth is, most people in our military aren't heroes, they're simply fuckups doing the only thing they can think of to make ends meet. But hey, if those failures didn't exist, then there'd be a draft and you or I would have to be the military, so I suppose we do owe them some small gratitude.

Bridges of Madison County

Hah true that I joined for dat GI Bill

>Perfect... they're all perfect

b-but all is quiet on the western front told me that war is bad. Who should i listen to?

top kek

you're both retards, WWII was a war that involved the entire population of countries and slaughtered generations of men, thiese posts are totally unapplicable to Saving Private Ryan

>Posting this meme
>Being such a massive faggot/pussy
Kill yourself.