> not accepting truth dubs
you're a meme

no bully~

whatever
shit thread
you like vampire squids?

i do now

blue squid?

Squids are for chumps. Kids are where it's at.

you want kids?

Pha, blue ringed octopus is the best one!

nice maymay

I'm not legally required to answer that question.

squid and octopus are both delicious

> octopus
squid.

well its not cp anyway, she is 18.
just petite

can we really trust you,user?

post butthole

who cares?
im more interested in deep sea animals anyway
this one is called a deep sea stone crab
thats pretty neat

look at this
it's really quite fascinating

i don't disagree user, i love sea creatures too but i cant jerk my dick to them

Keep posting lad

people say im great at compromises

i can deal with this compromise, keep going

Cuttlefish bro!!!!

Cuttlefish is best!

No cephalopods can aspire to its greatness!

Fuck squid, fuck octopi, fuck nautili, fuck yeah cuttlefish!

this is the helocoprion, a prehistoric ..uhm.. shark?
just look at the thing, absolutely fantastic!
ill gather more info about it hang on
always great to see another cuttlefish fan.
I mean i love me some squids but they just aren't as cute.
doesn't mean i like squids less, they are badass. each one has its qualities!

The sharks jaw was used to crack the shells on mollusks and nautili.

There is a fishing season for squid down in California that I worked once. I don't remember the species, but it was all night fishing and it was fucking terrifying. Squid fight the whole fucking time. You would pull up nets and two squid would still be fucking while a third and fourth were literally eating the male squid alive while it keeps fucking. Squid are hard fucking core man. I just think cuttlefish are more entertaining because they adapt so well to their environments and they have a surprisingly high level of intelligence.

the helicoprion existed 250 million years ago, that's not a long time for prehistoric animals.
The specimen has a total of about 32 teeth in the first volution, 36 in the second, and 41 in the last. The teeth at the end of the first volution are about 7 mm (0.28 in) long and are about 2.4 in (61 mm) width reaching about 40 mm (1.6 in) long and 9.5 wide at the end of the third.
that's alot of teeth. Interesting is how this eugeneodontid holocephalid fish (not a shark then i guess) is 3-4 meters long but it has such small teeth. Its like a fish chainsaw, that's insane.

what about really deep sea shit?

do you know how it did that? Did it roll its jaw up to crush them? im kinda puzzled here.

I have no clue but there are fossilized remains of nautili with their teeth in them and they lived in the same regions. These things have been extinct for thousands of years so everything about them that isn't an absokute measurement or something that jas been found is just a guess. Their diets were probably much more varied than just hard shelled cephalopods and mollusks.

you can always contribute yourself but sure
prehistoric deep sea monsters are actually pretty unknown (who would've thought)
it's really up to our imagination it seems. makes me shudder thinking how this thing ate.
im imagining it in my room right now, just wow

Jaekelopterus

jay-KELL-ohp-TER-uss
(Otto Jaekel's wing)

Sea scorpions, or eurypterids (YOO-rip-TER-id) were fucking badass monstrosities. They lived throughout the Paleozoic era, which is basically the first third of the story of life on earth. Although they look like true scorpions, they aren't true scorpions. Jaekelopterus was the largest, at almost 3 meters in length (9 ft)!

Probably similar to a giant isopod. I like how we just blew off OP being a weeaboo faggot to talk about deep sea creatures. This has been fun.

Deinosuchus
(Terrible crocodile)
A crocodile so large that it hunted down dinosaurs. Deinosuchus was the very thing that dinosaurs had in their nightmares. At 12 meters in length (40 ft), it rivalled a T. rex in size and ferocity! Like saltwater crocodiles today, it would have lived both in fresh and salt water.

not really deep sea but holy shit.
do me a favor and cut 12 meters of string and lay it out. just imagine.

i thought those were just tiny lil guys at first but look at this:
Anomalocaridids were once the top predators of their time. They ranged in sizes, with the largest being 2 meters in length (6 ft). They were a long lived species, living from 541-360 million years ago.
nature is just crazy.

i love this thread derail aswell. Just what i needed after this terrible night out. I spilled my Guinness on my friends phone and wallet. His phone is waterproof but i still drenched 50€ of his in beer, i feel pretty dumb. Thanks for cheering me up boys

Squid-user is the best! Tell us more!

No worries, your day is just ending and I just woke up an hour and a half ago.

Have you ever walked through a magalodon jaw? Those things are titanic. They used to have one at my local aquarium. They still keep a great pacific octopus there, mostly because those are native to my state and because they're HUGE.

E. dofleini is distinguished from other species by its sheer size. Adults usually weigh around 15 kg (33 lb), with an arm span of up to 4.3 m (14 ft).[9] The larger individuals have been measured at 50 kg (110 lb) and have a radial span of 6 m (20 ft)

feeling like an oldfag right now, which is a shame because i have only been here for 3 years

look at this big boy, not only is this thing a huge prehistoric whale, pretty awsome alone. He is also a predator. Imagine predator whales still living today, they could be sinking boats and would probably rip apart white sharks.
imgur.com/gallery/wdIlh
for a bit more

thanks user.
I saw a jaw in the aquatic museum of Berlin, i couldn't believe it!
i actually caught an octopus that had the same texture in croatia, it wasn't as big (prob. 50 centimeters diameter) That was the moment i started looking into sea creatures. love them all to bits.
fuck weebs