I finally got around to watching this movie and I am absolutely baffled as to why (seemingly) everybody hated it...

I finally got around to watching this movie and I am absolutely baffled as to why (seemingly) everybody hated it. I fucking loved it. It was so fucking cool, I felt like a kid again watching it, I was in awe at Superman using his powers, at Batman's incredibly badass fight choreography, just everything about this movie was so goddamn enjoyable. Not to mention absolutely awesome to look at.

So seriously, why the fuck did everybody hate it? Does anybody else here like it or am I the only one?

>to be clear I'm not some comic book fanboy, I've always loved superheroes though, but yeah. maybe if I had been a comic nerd I would have hated it? idk

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/
metacritic.com/movie/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice
imdb.com/title/tt2975590/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OK ercle

Crappy story and pacing. It's like they crammed 3 of the the most beloved comic book story lines into one movie. Not saying there isn't anything good about it. The action was pretty good, batman was awesome. It was an "ok" movie, but this was BATMAN VS FUCKING SUPERMAN. It wasn't supposed to be ok it was supposed to be flawless.

>It wasn't supposed to be ok it was supposed to be flawless
You're a retard for expecting any movie to be flawless.
I think you just answered my question, though. People expected it to be the greatest movie of all time, and it wasn't (obviously, it's a fucking comic book movie)

The story being crappy is a matter of opinion, which I disagree with. The pacing is a valid criticism, but I didn't let it ruin the movie for me. And as far as them combining 3 story lines into one movie, I can see why that would frustrate somebody who is passionate about these stories, but as a movie it worked, they combined the stories quite well.

I collected comics in the late 80's including The Dark Knight graphic novel. It changes how comics were perceived and there was an explosion of independent black and white comics then. I really liked this film probably because I've been anticipating for decades and with technology it came to be along with other comic superhero films. CGI should never supersede a good story and I though the story was good.

Was a great movie man. I enjoyed it very much and excited for the rest. What happens these days with social media is everyone reads bullshit reviews and wants to be part of the in crowd and jump on the social media opinion bandwagon to feel like they fit in. Know what I'm talking about? So large movie companies know this and use this. Disney spent a lot of money having the bad reviews posted everywhere before the movie even came out. Naturally people can't think for themselves so they adopt the same opinion. Even after going to watch the movie. Some people who aren't familiar with these movies had no idea what was going on really but those who are fans like me watched it 7 or 8 times in one week.

I thought the pacing was fine....and it is a comic book movie, meant for action and visual appeal. It did that very well.

I know exactly what you're talking about, I was actually just thinking about this recently in regards to social media in general, how certain things become "popular" or "cool" and then fucking everybody is talking about them because they want to be included, even if they didn't give a shit about it yesterday. Everybody just wants to be in the cool/popular group. It's like fucking high school. I mean things have always been that way obviously, but the point is that with social media it has been magnified a LOT. I really think this sort of thing is ruining our society, but that's a whole other topic to rant about.

you are literally a retarded faggot

Totally agree

It's not an awful or even a bad movie, it's just not great. For super / batman standards that wasn't good enough and people were pissed.

One flaw I can think of is that the characters and tone from the comic books were not respected, they're much more dark. I liked it though as it is a change.

The fact so many people diss it is because they jump on the bandwagon, if you look at it from what it actually is, it's not even bad.

see, that's where your retarded fanboismism goes completely fucky, it IS a fucking bad movie, it DOES fucking suck. by every definition it's A BAD MOVIE. everything is poorly executed from A TECHNICAL standpoint, and from a critical standpoint IT SUCKS. get the fuck over it you godamn losers.

>the story being crappy is a matter of opinion.
No it was objectively a jumbled mess that only served to move the movie from action scene to action scene. Remember "Marthaaaa???"

And the reason people thought it was supposed to be awesome was because these are two of the most popular comic book characters of all time and people have been waiting for this match up to be on the big screen for decades.

>Batman's incredibly badass fight choreography,

What movie were you watching?

You did see the part where Batman was chasing people who were clearly criminals and Superman stopped him and let them get away?

Being butthurt no-life fanboys is not a valid argument against a film.

If you claim that it an objectively bad film, you need to provide actual, specific reasons and arguments, which none of you have.

>it was objectively a jumbled mess that only served to move the movie from action scene to action scene
As was already pointed out, actions scenes are the whole point of superhero movies, so yeah....duh.
But as for the story being a jumbled mess? In what way? The story was very straightforward and while there were multiple plot points going on at once, they were all handled just fine and everything was very clear. If you had trouble following the plot, that's on you, not the movie.

>everything is poorly executed from A TECHNICAL standpoint
Do you care to elaborate? Provide an actual argument for your claim?

I'm a fan of Batman and Superman, mostly in the cartoons.

Hating this movie isn't just about reading bullshit reviews. I went in genuinely wanting to like this movie.

But one example of things that just seemed to keep on happening was that Superman apparently forgets he's Superman during the title fight.

Otherwise, Bruce would have been naked and unarmed exactly one second after Superman saw him. Supes is fast, see.

Apparently he forgets that he's fast enough to catch the little thing that Bats shoots at him. No? Maybe it occurs to Supes that Bats is smart and look out for Kryptonite... Nope, he breathes that stuff right in. How about the second time, surely Supes will try to dodge the second Kryptonite grenade. Oops, nope, he took it like a bitch.

Fucking bullshit.

This is bait

rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/

metacritic.com/movie/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice

imdb.com/title/tt2975590/

enough said you stupid fucking neanderthals. do you even fucking realise how epically fucking pathetic you look trying to convince everyone in the world that this piece of shit is good? you're the Nazi's of movie fanboism and your stupidity is so incredible in scope that I LITERALLY KNOW EACH ONE OF YOU FAGGOTS HAS NEVER KNOWN A WOMAN.

now fuck off with this shit you basement dwelling, kissless virgin faggot losers.

Lex Luthor was played by the same guy as Mark Zuckerberg.

With long hair.

This is an excellent example of shiftiness in the movie.

By itself, it wouldn't have been enough make or break the movie. But it's one stick in the mighty faggot of stupidnesses that add up to a shitty movie.

While I was watching it I actually thought about how Superman in this movie was different from the traditional character of Superman, he's more human, more conflicted, less perfect. I loved it, but it makes sense that a lot of fanboys wouldn't, they generally aren't fans of change of any kind.

>excellent example of shiftiness

SHITTYNESS, god damn it! I said SHITTYNESS!

calm down there, kiddo, you're going to give yourself a heart attack. no more mountain dew for you tonight.

>conflicted

I'm good with conflicted. I liked his conflictedness. But Superman is not a bitch, and that Superman acted like a bitch way too often.

Best Lex Luthor ever 10/10

>you basement dwelling, kissless virgin faggot losers
>I LITERALLY KNOW EACH ONE OF YOU FAGGOTS HAS NEVER KNOWN A WOMAN

This coming from the guy who just had a goddamn spazz attack over a comic book movie

story was stupid.

batman was dumb

Would have been better as a stand alone superman movie

Also for the fucking title batman and superman only fought for like 30 seconds, fucking stupid

ALSO

MUH MARTHA

Stupidest fucking moment I've seen in a movie in the last few years.

>But as for the story being a jumbled mess? In what way?
Try the multiple plot hole that you were to stupid to notice.
>how did lexx discover both batman's and superman's identity
>why would batman put a tracker on the truck and then chase after it
>why does lex create doomsday/ what does he have to gain by making batman and superman fight
>why does anyone think superman killed those people in the beginning if they were obviously filled with bullet holes
>why does no one seems to care that superman supposedly blew up the Senate hearing?
Literally tons of other stuff I'm not going to mention because you're obviously just a troll at this point.

This was just a money grab by DC. They tried to establish a cinamatic universe similar to marvels except marvel did it over the course of 6 movies while this one tried to do it in one. You obviously haven't looked at this movie past the big explosions and car chases.I bet you think the transformers movies are good to.

I've seen lots of people mock the "Martha" thing, but I thought it was good. I definitely think they could have spent just a little bit more time between that happening and Batman immediately being like "Okay we're best friends now" because it felt way too sudden, but the concept itself I liked.

Hearing his mother's name could have made Bruce think about her and realize that she wouldn't be proud of what he was about to do, and it also could have been the fact that Superman was just trying to save his mother, which Bruce empathized with because he lost his own mother, but it also humanized Superman in Bruce's eyes, the fact that he not only had a family, but had emotions and whatnot.

It made a lot of sense, it just wasn't handled as well as it could have been.

and this is funny because this is what coward faggots do when they get called out, they're pathetic dicks retract into their body and they walk around with a fake vagina saying things like 'wow calm down man no need to go hardout'.

Heard all the bad reviews too, but I fucking love it

>how did lexx discover both batman's and superman's identity
The ship...all the knowledge/information it contained form multiple worlds. Apparently you were the one too stupid to notice things...
>why would batman put a tracker on the truck and then chase after it
In case he lost it......which he did, so it's a good thing he put the tracker on there.
>why does lex create doomsday/ what does he have to gain by making batman and superman fight
Your objections get more and more retarded. He wants to kill Superman, this is made undeniably clear multiple times in the movie, and he even explains WHY he wants to kill Superman
>why does anyone think superman killed those people in the beginning if they were obviously filled with bullet holes
They blamed him for what happened, they didn't think he actually killed the directly
(It's becoming apparent that you are actually kind of stupid)
>why does no one seems to care that superman supposedly blew up the Senate hearing?
Holy fucking shit......it's seriously like you didn't even watch the movie.

>They blamed him for what happened, they didn't think he actually killed the directly
>(It's becoming apparent that you are actually kind of stupid)

yep, special kind of fucktard ain't you, taken that THEY ACTUALLY FUCKING SAY THAT IN THE MOVIE YOU GODAMN STUPID CUNT.

you're extremely retarded, bud

if you want all those questions answered, all you need to do is go watch the movie again and actually pay attention this time

>The ship...all the knowledge/information it contained form multiple worlds. Apparently you were the one too stupid to notice things...
It didn't contain all knowledge in the universe dumbass.

You're a special kind of stupid. This movie was full of plot holes and weird pacing, odd tones, story lines that go no where or are just forgotten. If you liked the movie fine, but it was objectively a bad movie. Just because you're to ignorant to properly analyze story telling and basic movie production doesn't mean others arent.

Something tells me you failed your basic literature courses in highschool.

i think you'll find the retard is you dickhead, i didn't ask the questions you fucking idiot

>This movie was full of plot holes
Elaborate.
>story lines that go no where or are just forgotten
Elaborate

dickhead retard idiot dickhead retard dicktard rehead idick

>End of MOS Superman is JUST going to live in Metropolis
>Jumps to him & Lois already fucking
>Kills off Superman before anybody in that universe gives one single shit about him
Too much, too jumbled, too soon.

it sucked because of one thing

Affleck

That and when did Batman turn into such a little butthurt whiney bitch

I thought Batfleck would be the worst thing about the movie, & him & Godot were the best things about it.

waaah waaaaaah waaaaaaaah, no one will listen to me! waaaaaaagh!

don't have to, it's been done by every critic in the world already

Me and my friends feel the same, except the "unique and original" girls and her friends

Because you can't please everyone, especially autistic comic book fanfags.

>when did Batman turn into such a little butthurt whiney bitch

If you look at it from one perspective, the whole fact that Batman exists is because of the butthurt of a whiny bitch. Recent deconstructions of Batman joke about how fucked up it is that he turned into a vigilante who goes out and beats up escaped (admittedly dangerous) mental patients.

At some point most people would get the fuck over it to some degree and move on. But not Batman!

How many Razzies did this end up picking up.

>I'm completely full of shit and having nothing to back up my retarded opinions

ftfy

Hating Affleck because it's popular to hate on Affleck just shows that you don't think for yourself.

And Batman has literally always been a little butthurt whiney bitch......Literally. Always.

Hey, !

said it better and said it first. Read the fucking thread, shit eating dickmouth!

>dickmouth
Kek

>rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/
>metacritic.com/movie/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice
>imdb.com/title/tt2975590/

your stupidity is rather epic there pal.

I fell aslep

Its full of metaphors that most people are too stupid to understand or like most people, they just love to spread negativity.

First scene, young Bruce Wayne falls into pit at his parents funeral. Bats start circling him, he then begins to rise out of pit.
He was down, emotionally. Angered, blinded by all the negativity and fears surrounding him. He then uses said fear and anger to raise himself outta that God damn HOLE.
It's filled with stuff like that.

>tl;dr = its too smart for some people to try and enjoy.
I, myself, always try to find the best out of everything in life.

You sure are throwing out a bunch of big words and not explaining exactly what sucked about it. Which is exactly what everyone else says about it.
I don't want to hear medium sized words like: pacing, crammed, rushed, dark.

It's about contrasting personalities, emotions and decisions. Learn to watch a movie through different lenses you ape.

>It's filled with stuff like that.

Like what else? I thought that scene was weirdly artsy for a film otherwise devoid of nuance or metaphor.

Except the part where Lex makes that guy eat that Gummi Bear. That was a metaphor for something, I'm sure.

Terrible writing, terrible editing, plot holes, pointless death, shoving too much into one movie, little to no character motivation, etc

When Superman saves that girl from the fire, and all those people dressed like the dead, all rush to him like a God.
Do you understand where I'm going with that? If not, I'll explain more.

The whole movie is about stuff like that. I mean, I could watch it again and write down everything that comes to mind, but you'll have to do with a couple. I have to watch movies multiple times to really get all the info I want from them, because muh ADD, and I've only watched it 3 times. I'll keep watching it, with those thoughts in my mind, that way I can make connections to something else I may have missed.

The extended cut help with the flaws in the story and made more sense .

I totally agree.

I loved it.
Complex vision of post 9/11 world with a virtual god as a potential savior.
Or all-powerful tyrant.

>MARTHA

Dance-off, bro. Me and you.

Fuck off slut, I'm like on 5-6 levels of film depth of understanding.

I'm still thinking about how Batman and Superman have contrasting personalities/Agendas.
Batmans hunger for justice comes from anger and sadness. He goes about cleaning the city by taking down thugs and just all around bad people. He gets dirty because he wants to.

Supermans hunger comes from responsibility. He's basically a God. He's more powerful than everyone else. His mind can't really be broken by evil. He does things like saving that girl from the fire. Saving that shuttle. Towing that ship back in. You never really see him going after bad guys. He believes people can change.

I know that probably doesn't really sound too awful "smart", but like i said earlier, my ADD is kicking in and I can't concentrate enough to put my thoughts into words.
Anyways, one more thing. LOVE. The master of all puppets. It turns them both into someone they're not. Turns Bruce into an angry vigilante, and turns Superman into Clark Kent. I really wish I could share all my thoughts about this movie with you, but i don't know if you could understand what I'm trying to say. But that's my fault.

And what I meant to compare their personalities to are our own thoughts. How we go about solving our own problems that have different beginnings. They can all be solved, like I said, with love. Love is the answer. And that's really connecting to all the metaphors in Interstellar. Another movie I'm watching over and over again and piecing together in my head.