Has there ever been a more 'bro' anime than this?

has there ever been a more 'bro' anime than this?

what are some other boys club type anime?

Sayuki?

kuwabra dimensional sword is the shit

i like rose whip cuz im a faggot

This show had so much potential to grow once they got to the concept of Territory. It's such a shame the higher ups messed with it to have it conform to the shounen power creep formula. Once they started flying and fighting like dbz in the last arc everything was less interesting. Also the last arc was missing Kuwabara, what the fuck. At least they let Togashi do what he wants now, but it's both a blessing and a curse as evidenced by his damn hiatuses.

pretty much this to be honest.

hunter x hunter will finish when i'm dead.

i watched it as a kid and i only made it to the dark tournament saga i think. rewatching it now, about 5 episodes in.

I actually never watched it as a kid, I was a little faggot and thought it looked lame so i never gave it a chance. Watched it a few years ago and I can say it's worth the watch and holds up mostly. Just gotta keep in mind it's age while watching. Dark tournament is definitely the highest point of the show, it could have been the next arc but again, they messed it up. Anyways keep watching user, don't think you'll regret it.

Finished though the dark tournament as a kid. Was it worth watching after that?

its something to have while editing so worth at least seeing to the end of hte dark tournament. does it end well enough to feel like a finale?

its very fun i wish i stuck with it but i dont think it made it apst the dark tournament when it was on adult swim.

twinsies

Whats the name of this show? I remember loving it as a kid, want to rewatch after seeing this.

yu yu hakusho. the animation is very 90s anime, a lot more stills and weird jumping and such, but im 5 episodes in and its okay. i remember not really loving it until he got his body back. think im getting close to that.

It leaves a few concepts open ended but for the most part it does have closure.

It's not terrible past that but if you're anything like me you'll be disappointed with all the wasted potential.

I am about 3/4 done with this anime. It's pretty dope not gonna lie. A lot of filler but still good. Finished Lupin the 3rd not too long ago.

also i liked dark Tournament too

for the most part im interested in character closure. i dont recall if the show even bothers to go through deep character exploration or if the finales woudl align with that though.

any insight? i love a good contingency ending.

i keep trying to rewatch this one but i get bored around ten episodes in. the first ten im like 'WOW THIS IS REALLY GOOD AND THE BUDGET WAS PRETTY DECENT AND ITS SO FUN' but after that yeah.

definitely not a bro anime but growing up it quickly replaced yu yu hakusho for me.

i mostly remember it for its beautiful ending sequences.

fukai mori and my will.

god tihs is nostalgic thread.

Haha, yeah its pretty great. I like it alot. My friends told me to watch it so i am, but this time all the way through.

maybe ill give it another try after this. i remember it getting too tedious to keep up with by the 7 demons arc when it was going live.

I wouldn't say the character exploration is too deep in this show but it's definitely there, and if you want closure on that front I think you'll get it. The entire last arc is basically character exploration just mostly centered on Yusuke, and the reason Kuwabara is absent has to do with his character development too. I'll admit that the very end of the arc surprised me with how it concluded and it was culminated in some pretty great development for Yusuke.

For those rewatching it got cancelled so it tries to wrap itself up in a bit of a rush, but overall it's still very good. One of my all time favourites. Personal opinion, it's peaks with the Dark Tournament. Should have had a longer run. Could have been an epic staple of anime.

Gurren Laggan is literally "Bro: The Anime"

looks like im doing a full series watch then. all about that character closure.

thanks for the rec, i probably woulda given up at dark tournament.

No prob, and I'd definitely recommend hunter x hunter afterwards if you haven't seen it yet. It's what Yu Yu could have been if Togashi was left to his own devices, and it's fun seeing all the parallels to Yu Yu Hakusho. Also it's just a great show in it's own right and amazing character development wise.

>character development wise

i actually started hunter x hunter and made it up to the point where all the potential hunters were running in a race type thing but gave up because it seemed too serial. i prefer character / arc based stuff. it looked cool though, and if they do end up actually fighting big monsters that'd be really cool to watch.

its itneresting how togashi is known for creating some of the most bro anime of all time and his wife for the most girl power anime of all time.

hakusho and SM were my childhood.

for hunter x hunter do you recomend the original or the new anime?

is there agood contingency ending?

Wait til you get to the Sensui arc. That's where shit WENT IN

Botan pics pls

jojo my nigga

The new one because the voice actors from the original are shit tier

voice acting aside, whats better from a story telling perspective?

This is the truth

Yeah I enjoyed that Hunter Exam arc cause it reminded me a lot of Genkai's tournament from Yu Yu but it really starts picking up after that. Once the concept of Nen is introduced into the show is when shit starts getting real.

I'd recommend the new one, the original has some merit to it but the filler arcs drag it down. Overall I find the newer version better.

You're not wrong, hisokas voice in the 99 one is hilariously bad

Idk if Akira would count considering it is a movie but I always enjoyed it as a kid for its depiction of bro-ship

Kaneda is the ultimate bro for going through all that shit for his nigga Tetsuo

Oh also the old one basically ends after the second major arc, there is an ova for the third arc but eh. The new one has everything in one neat package.

And the anime ending does have closure even though it's not the actual end and the manga is still "ongoing". But it feels like a pretty natural end point for the time being.

sweet. ill check that one out too, though i imagine ill be a little slower since theres no finished dub of it from what ive heard.

i like the white haired kid, he was cool,.