Guitar tablature hate thread

Guitar tablature hate thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4X7qgBVnMfY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like guitar tablatures, their existence makes me feel superior for beeing able to read notes.

But user, all my favorite metal guitarists said they can only read tabs! I don't have to read music in order to become famous.

is there anything actually wrong with it?

I can read music just fine (sax player for 12 years) but I like tabs if i already know the rhythms

Nope. Guitar tab with rhythmic indicators is the most logical way to write out and read guitar music.

Op is
--------
--------
--------
--------
---0----
1----3-

upvoting this

What bothers me is the lack of tuning and rhythm indication in the OP picture. Add those and tabulature is perfect for guitar notation.
I do prefer regular notation for fingerstyle playing though.

but u dont
u do need to get off of Sup Forums though

This. Unless you're sight reading. But if you plan on learning a song and then playing from memory, tab makes sense over sheet music.

Tabs are okay for beginners but that's about it.

Watch this
>youtube.com/watch?v=4X7qgBVnMfY

>tfw they teach you how to read music in middle school

I've seen it, but I disagree with him somewhat. That's why I posted this

Oh didn't read your comment. That makes sense, agreed.

slight keks

What's your favorite Neally video? Mine is the Cantus Firmus one.

Guitar tabs are written music no matter how much you complain.

You are superior. By definition. I cant read music literally at all

props on the Alan Neely vid

BUT the only situations I've needed to read sheet music is in jazz situations with lead sheets. Otherwise I would say, for more rock oriented situations, the best thing to do is learn the music by ear first, and then look up the tabs to double check if I figured everything correctly.

Tabs aren't bad, they just shouldn't be a crutch. You should be able to learn new pieces of music in multiple different ways.

nothing. dumbass guitarists just never learn to read the same music everyone else reads and it's a fucking pain in the ass

I have issues with timing personally- tabs should really use a different typeface/mark to differentiate lengths of notes

i can read notes but i could never sight read music for guitar.

tabs are nice for writing stuff too

bass is in drop d here btw

took me a minute

ear training masterrace

Sounds good to me

Guitarists are already spoiled by not having to learn different fingerings for different scales like other instruments and yet they still come up with a system so that they can avoid having to learn to read notation as well.

Nice joke

>not having to learn different fingerings for different scales
There are bunch of different ways to play the same scale, though.

yissss

Fuck you. I'll admit I'm too stupid to read music. Tablature is fucking great.

any guitarist worth their salt can play a given scale anywhere on the neck. this is just retarded