Please vote yes on Measure C today

Let's save our Chargers!

Im willing to put aside 10% of my income to make sure they don't leave

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jeffreydorfman/2015/01/31/publicly-financed-sports-stadiums-are-a-game-that-taxpayers-lose
wsj.com/articles/cities-rethink-sports-stadium-deals-1452734069
huffingtonpost.com/entry/taxpayers-nfl-stadiums_us_55f08313e4b002d5c077b8ac
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good luck as a Cowboys fan I'm lucky that this fate will never happen to my team

>Im willing to put aside 10% of my income to make sure they don't leave

Imagine being this cucked by a mediocre sports franchise. It's not even a winning team. Just root for the Rams, it's like 2 hours away.

>root for another bad team
good idea. If the Chargers had even a competent defense they'd be right behind the Raiders

You don't get it.

He doesn't. It's a San Diego thing.

What about other Sup Forumsartans? You willing to pay an additional $5-10 on a hotel room in SD to keep a precedent from being established of voters refusing to publicly fund a construction of a new stadium, even when they aren't the public funding it?

Sports teams are important for a city, idiot.

Look at how Indianpolis and Cincinnati's profile improved by having pro sports

Losing a sports team will only downgrade San Diego

Wait... hold on... so... It's possible for a team to move cities? ...and still be the same team?!

>American """""sports"""""

why does new Jersey get their own flag?

Good luck OP

Fuck the Spanos'. Those greedy fucks don't deserve a team in my town. I'll watch em burn. Sorry OP but this won't pass and good riddence. The Spanos don't give a fuck about you.

What the hell are we gonna do with Qualcomm if they leave?

What will connect us as San Diegans if the Chargers leave?

>wellfare for someone who is already rich

fuck those people.

Tear it down and put more condos? Or a place for new businesses? That place is a piece of shit as it stands anyways and it's a fucking nightmare navigating through that thing. Only Mexicans are united around the Chargers, we don't need a sports team to identify with each other. The Spanos' fucking suck and have given the finger to their beloved San Diego on too many occasions and now they'll be without a new stadium and eventually a football team. Good luck drumming up half the support they have in SD now in LA or wherever else they think they can. I fucking hate those guys.

>willingly paying more taxes and ruining downtown and the surrounding areas to keep a terrible sports franchise

Just fuck off already, the team has been nothing more than a disgrace and a waste of money.

Yeah because its not like the Convadium won't bring extra jobs and more conventions to town

Who needs those, right?

Come on user! You don't believe that do you? It's not like Petco revitalized the Gaslamp District, thereby creating more jobs, and brought in concerts and events that brought business downtown right? Oh wait that's literally exactly what it did? Well shit.

It won't. The "the stadium will pay by itself in a couple of years!" statement it's bullshit.
Successful franchises with good ownership thrives, Spanos is cancer and needs to fuck off to LA before they ruin SD.

>b-bu-but muh corporate welfare!

It's not like the city isn't collecting taxes from the businesses on game day or anything. And the permanent jobs that are created

It'll pay itself off.

>forbes.com/sites/jeffreydorfman/2015/01/31/publicly-financed-sports-stadiums-are-a-game-that-taxpayers-lose

>wsj.com/articles/cities-rethink-sports-stadium-deals-1452734069

>huffingtonpost.com/entry/taxpayers-nfl-stadiums_us_55f08313e4b002d5c077b8ac

Isnt this doing well in the polls?

>b-bu-but muh corporate welfare!
I was being sarcastic breh. I'm in favor of C. I think it'll revitalize the ugliest part of downtown like Petco did the Gaslamp. It will enable more conventions being brought to San Diego, allow more space during Comic Con which is only housed in the existing convention center in its most basic form, won't threaten Comic Con since they just bought buildings to house operations management, and will be used for more than just the Chargers games because it will be a modern facility and won't be a toilet like Qualcomm is. With regard to Qualcomm, it'd be torn down, and JMI would use the land to build expansion sites for SDSU and UCSD, as well as a smaller more appropriate complex that can be used for the Aztecs, as well as an MLS team which John Moores, former owner of the Padres, and owner of JMI has the rights to.

Ebin, but those types of financing don't apply in this case. C wouldn't be funded by San Diego taxpayers. It's be funded by free market consumers coming to San Diego with their expendable income.

Sports teams are only important to cities that have nothing else to offer. SD will be just fine if the Chargers leave because they have nice weather, beaches, and a pretty healthy tourism industry going. Indy and Cinci don't have those.

Tear it down the same way SF tore down Candlestick. Billionaires can pay for their own god damned stadiums. Taxpayers shouldn't foot the bill just so they can make even more money without having to spend it.

Then why is Nevada signing off on $750 million for the Raiders?

There's a reason why municipalities are willing to pay for this stuff.

>Taxpayers
Aren't involved in this discussion at all, unless they decide to stay in a hotel in San Diego.

Because people in Nevada are stupid.

Getting a 7-2 team who look like contenders for years to come is stupid?

>mfw 10 years from now

Mexico City Cowboys