Do Finns feel like Finno-Ugrics in Russia are kind of their separated brothers or something or is it a local meme?

Do Finns feel like Finno-Ugrics in Russia are kind of their separated brothers or something or is it a local meme?

I've read that your (and other Baltic) governments tried to gave them some money to help maintaining cultureal stuff. It it a thing there, I mean is genereal public even aware?

No.

You're swede muslim please go

Most Finns don't really know much about them.
It's not really taught about in schools much.

What a shitty thread.

Is it true all Finnish children are reqired by law to learn Swedish?

Do people support their separatism?

Brothers by language perhaps but not much really by genetics anymore. Most people dont know a lot about them.

Definately. I suppose every finn/estonian would support any separatism inside russia. Altoough the finnics afaik are heavily russified and perhaps even dont want to ne assosciated with finnougrics.

Fuck off.

For 3 years but nobody learns anything.

Only autists know about the Finno-Ugric minorities there. I would imagine they are more like distant cousins desu, most of them look more Asian than us but you do see a good amount of blonde and somewhat Finnish-looking people as well in pictures.

Mari girls

>most of them look more Asian than us

Then they must be full blown chinks then, since Finns look like, 60% Asian, hahahahahaha

There is popular belief, that most mari are warlocks. By strange coincidence, many of mari are ginger...

>most of them look more Asian than us

They look like regular Russians, they can't be "more asian" than you.

the one on the right should by my waifu desu be honest

Soon just like pokemon Russia will catch all finns under its banners

Do you have enough horses to back that claim?

In the pics many of them look like old time Sami people (before mixing) with chink eyes.

who ever said russians don't look asian

spoiled by r*ssians, they're as finno-ugric as rotting garbage

why, yes тoвapищ

Mordva might look like "average Russians" but Mari and Udmurt don't as they are genetically quite distant.

There isn't any monolithic Volga Finnic group. Mordvins assimilated massive amounts of Scythians. Proto-Finnics also assimilated local people in Finland and Estonia who were in no way related to Finno-Ugrics. Nobody even knows which group the originals were closest to.

Isn't Putin himself Finnic? Vepsian or something.

Why they don't just migrate to Finland?

How about the myths?
Like some Maris still pray to certain deities besides the christian god, it would be interesting to compare these with finnish mythology.

Yeah some of the names of the old gods are shared.

Fun fact: Finnish god of luck Tuuri(better known in Estonia as Taara god of war) is not from Thor but is 100% Uralic. Khanty worship a god called Num-Torum.

I find the credibility of this image dubious. We should be further from that cluster, everyone knows we're just Slavic mongrels of both Western, Eastern and Southern kind.

This is the stereotypical Russian, small eyes and everything.

>belief
Folk magic is popular among all Volga minorities.

>They look like regular Russians
They don't.

I don't know Satan. They look Finnic to me.

But we don't, at least the ethnic Russians. Stop forcing this stupid "russians are mongols" meme, there's nothing funny about it.

No that pretty much is where Hungarians genetically are in most maps. You're way more western than Slavs are. Slavs didn't genocide the inhabitants of Pannonia.

>stereotypical Russian
>small eyes

It's a mere meme, I mean come on.

That face is exclusively Russian. By using a facial recognition tool on that face, it only finds other Russians and some Belarussians.

>JUST

Finnish has a fuckton of Baltic and Germanic loans and some Indo-Iranian too.

This man can be Russian or German or Norwegian. But as said small eyes are difinitely not a Slavic feature.

Slavs can't have any features because Slavic is not a race or an ethnic group.

The only defining feature of a Slav is being ugly and looking sick, sometimes with Asian or Arab features.

I see.

The public doesn't care.
But I feel they are our brothers and we should defend them.

The Votes, Izhorians, Veps, Ludes, Karelians, etc are even closer brothers. The Votes are more closer to us than Finns.

he looks more slavic than scandinavian, headshape is especially telling

There are like 80 Votes in the world, you can adopt them.

It is and it isn't. Swedish is a required subject in school but you don't need to actually learn it to pass.

I love it when girls hang on to other girls arms or shirts in pictures. It's just so dang cute.

lazy to create new thread, will ask here: what is the relation between hungarians and finns?

i'm half-mari, even spoke and understood the language when was young.
then i stopped visiting grandma in her village, and forgot the language.only basic words are remembered
with grandma talking russian since age of ~13

Yes, mainly Karelian separatism
Of the others we never really hear/know about

Svecoman propagandists

And that is why Finno-Ugric peoples are dying off. Thank you for contributing

That's kind of like saying that english is a latin language just because 80% of their words are latin
Magyar is structurally Finno-Ugric and thus it is Finno-Ugric, nevermind the vocabulary

>The public doesn't care
Because they're not educated about them. They grow up believing they're brothers of Scandinavians, and that's exactly what our Nordicist government wants.

They're our real brothers, Volga Finns and Finnics. Not Swedes or Scandinavians.

Autists and enthusiast know about them. Essentially unimportant. Though karelians need to be independent.

Akateeminen Karjala Seura, Suomalais-Ugrilainen Seura, ProKarelia and Suomalaisuuden Liitto are some organisations which drive the cause of the kindred peoples and spread awareness

Estonians are bros. Rest are literally who.

I doubt most of us even know they exist kek.