I just watched this a couple days ago and thought it was eh, I especially didn't appreciate all the shaky cam shit...

I just watched this a couple days ago and thought it was eh, I especially didn't appreciate all the shaky cam shit. I was wondering if I should watch the second one, as I've heard mixed things about it. I was thinking of just watching the magician segment.

Other urls found in this thread:

1337x.to/torrent/1454896/Southbound-2015-UNRATED-HDRip-XViD-ETRG/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The first video in VHS2 is fucking garbage and the wraparound is fairly weak, but the other three movies are all excellent and feel like fun Tales From The Crypt concepts.

>I was thinking of just watching the magician segment.
That's from 3. And it's the worst segment in the series. If you're going to watch anything from 3 just watch Parallel Monsters.

They are very hit and miss. The entire edgy criminal thing that ties the first one together is retarded and they improve on that in 2. The segments have great ideas but since they aren't paranormal activity or slasher flick stuff, they can be cheesy looking. Good ideas though.

Huh, a forum I'm a part of praised the magician segment. Looks like all the episodes are really polarizing. I might just go ahead and watch them all, but only a couple episodes at a time so I don't get motion sick like with the first one.

The magician one was pretty fun imo, completely goofy but entertaining. Not scary at all though.

Meanwhile the cult one in 2 has some creepy moments.

parallel monsters is amazing. My second favorite after the haunted house one in the first VHS.

Just watched Poughkeepsie tapes. I hated how the ending blueballed you

Amateur Night (first one) is a GOAT horror short, though

watched it because for the short the guys from Chad Matt & Rob made, enjoyed most of it. 3 is the worst in the series, which is the one with the magician segment, but 1 & 2 have some decent segments like the Vampire and the Demon cult

>magician segment

literally capeshit.

And no, it´s not a pun on the cape stuff, the segment felt like one of those shitty comic-inspired tv shows that are popular now.

It literally made me so angry that I didn´t even finished watching the other segments.

VHS 1 and 2 are great tho.

>Vampire

It was a Succubus.

Was it really a succubus? Definitely a demon but for a succubus she wasn't very good at being seductive.

The demon cult one was fucking great until the goat.

Anyone see Southbound? I enjoyed it just a bit more than VHS.

Who knows, maybe acting like a shy akward girl was her tactic?

>tfw kat taken down the very same day I decided to watch Southbound.

I guess it almost worked?
Though what guy doesn't want a free blowjob from a shy qt demon girl

1337x.to/torrent/1454896/Southbound-2015-UNRATED-HDRip-XViD-ETRG/

thank you...

best short was 10/31/98

This. It's absolutely amazing, everything else in the entire series is irredeemable garbage.

you are wrong

It would have been somewhat better if the had made it clearer that the girl was a succubus, if that is what she was supposed to be. It would have added an intriguing layer of irony to the story (i.e. both the humans and the succubus are trying to seduce each other for different reasons, and they both fail miserably at it).

Ace job with the prosthetics/makeup though. It's rather impressive how they made her look cute, sexy, and creepy all at once.

Let's talk about viral and how the only good part in the entire thing was the bmx dudes chasing the ambulance via go pro cameras and the one dude getting dragged until his foot tears off

let's not talk about viral and pretend it doesn't exist yeah?

>shaky cam shit
yeah yeah, we get it there are people that get sick from watching it. not really interesting critique of literally anything.

C-can we agree the bmx guy getting dragged was cool? Also which one has the kids having a sleepover and the aliens abducting them? That one seemed to have literally zero budget but was fantastic I thought

that was the 2nd VHS
and is also one of the worst shorts, though better than most of the things in viral

That is probably my top disappointment horror. So many people recommended it to me and it's complete shit. You cannot get away with the 'real-life' thing unless you have decent enough actors to pull it off and Poughkeepsie Tapes took a nose dive on that front and didn't do itself any favors by feeling so fucking tryhard look-how-edgy-this-is that it was more or less impossible to feel engaged while watching it. The only other film I can think of that came so highly recommended and left me wondering what the fuck is wrong with people is The Fourth Kind.

It's so annoyingly rare to find a film in this format that feels at least somewhat legitimate. With found footage films I tend to end up loving them if they pull off the real feel, even if the premise of the film is shit. To sidle back toward the topic of the thread, the cult segment in VHS is the only one that did this for me. "I Like You," felt pretty legit as well, despite being a executed a little poorly.

Digressing again, can anyone throw me some decent recommendations of believable films in this vein? As Above, So Below was surprisingly decent in this regard.

Was he asleep? Did she visit him at night and fuck him in his dreams?

Then she was not a Succubus.

I took her to be some sort of skinwalking creature bitch who just wanted someone to play with and happened to get a crush on the first guy who paid her attention.

didn't seem to be a skinwalker, but she's probably something satanic

Didn't mean literal skinwalker, but you know what I mean. Some meta-morphing creature of demonic badassery.