Why do the creators of this stupid franchise never address how stupid something like an annual purge is...

Why do the creators of this stupid franchise never address how stupid something like an annual purge is, since you would be able to do ANYTHING. But hey its just.... let's kill poor people :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

docuniverse.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-purge-election-year-2016-bonus.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's stupid about it?

Read the part of this article titled "BONUS: WHY THE PURGE IS A STUPID FUCKING IDEA IN GENERAL":

docuniverse.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-purge-election-year-2016-bonus.html

Because having a time of year where literally everything is legal will cause any number of unexpected consequences besides killing poor people

Nigger are you serious? Do you really think people would just go back to following the law twelve hours later if someone ruined their life on purge night? Or that all the purgers wouldn't be the ones killed the first purge night because of organized militias, leaving no edgy Kid Columbine faggots left to purge the next year? The concept doesn't stand up to two minutes of critical thought.

It's happening in America so it makes sense.

>making all crime legal for a day is a stupid idea

woah!! stop the presses

somebody actually wrote a fucking article about this?

All these retards ITT claiming it's stupid are truly cucks. It would benefit the country economically in numerous ways and also be really cool.

Asking isn't disagreeing. Calm down.

This, what with trump possibly becoming president etc I really think the purge could become a reality.

Most of the article (well, blog post) was just criticizing the film in general. There was just a brief segment at the end about the idea of the purge itself.

Better question yet, how the fuck did this series become so profitable? Fucking normies and their stupid girlfriends.

Its not even just that. If their whole point is that poor people are somehow a drain on the economy then why not just remove social services?

The whole point though is you can do ANYTHING. You can fuck up infrastructure. You can blow up power plants. Poison water supplies. Throw a seeding party for all of your downloads on the white house lawn. Cover every national monument in shit

>wait for the purge
>lock myself in the basement and commit insurance fraud

Dude I'm bananas

This is not pol... but the Purge does highlight how fucked up things like regressive taxes are to poor people and how elected officials use these things to get poor people to participate in their own culling. XD

>implying I'm mad
Pointing out how stupid things are isn't being mad, user.
Pic related.
Pic related.

Roof Koreans and aluminum siding would thwart you all.

How does killing all poor people even benefit the powers that be anyway? Poor people do minimum wage jobs and they still consume things.
How the hell is the unemployment rate so low when the economy should be in shambles?

Because it's a lot deeper than what it appears on the surface. Most of all it's a good warning as to what America could turn into if someone like trump was elected president.

Cuz capitalism is ebil :^)

Why would people keep paying taxes to a government who says 'fuck you' for one night a year?

Because all unemployed people are killed you fucking mouth breathing idiot.

>no firefighters for twelve hours
GENIUS

Cool, so when more jobs are created/necessary who do they draw from? You have to be 18 to post on Sup Forums.

>Terrorism is perfectly legal, so you foreign powers and other groups can destroy as much infrastructure and wreck and burn all the shit they want

This exactly

Election year blew cock, so fucking preachy.

Did you watch the movie? The guy was getting his insurance canceled right before the purge. There would be a huge amount of destruction and most people can't afford to rebuild their homes or business year after year. Buildings would get abandoned and the whole country would look like Detroit.

>kill and rape hot 15 yo jailbait during purge
>purge ends
>parents sue
>dude purge lmao ;^)

Yeah, nah, the premise is really fucking stupid.

As much as I dislike Trump, I really don't think his presidency is going to make the Purge real or any silly bullshit.

>the purge is deep and is an allegory for trump

It is so hamfisted it might as well just be called, the purge: trump

The fucking Nazi mercs were way to idiotic. The fact that the majority of the supporting characters were minorities and all of the founding fathers were old rich white guys is in of itself racist

I think the Purge setting could hold some cool stories

>a heist movie where a bunch of groups of people are trying to get the same stash
>a romeo and juliet type story
>Assasination

Wow, you are dumb,,,,,. The unemployed people are unecesary to the elite & country...HAHAH dumb burger

>be next door neighbors to guy who raped and killed your daughter
>purge ends and you can't do anything about it
>M-morning neighbor....

it is stupid but so are you. they clearly say you can't be punished for crimes that happen during.

Yeah, maybe if they limited the Purge to a certain area or something. Like for one day they let people who don't like each other duke it out.

I don't think you understand how the economy works.
More importantly, you're ignoring the rest of the catastrophic effects The Purge would have on the economy, such as the destruction of workplaces and infrastructure.

Agreed, we have more than enough real concerns over Trump that we don't need to invent fake ones based on an unrealistic movie.

>its epic social commentary about how there is a monster in all of us bro

>patrick bateman like character
>offers all of his employees refuge from the purge in a locked up skyscraper
>he starts killing everyone from the bottom up

Yes, brilliant, surely her father would just say fair play because it was on purge night instead of snapping and chopping you to pieces in the street the next day.

The President doesnt have the authority to implement a "purge" day for a lot of reasons it would violate pretty much all of our constitutional rights.

Read a book you fucking mouth breathing Bernie bro

So, if you steal something durint the Purge, do you have to give it back after it's over?

Yes, you are describing how events in the movie would work. I'm not arguing it's dumb in real life.

They should have just made murder the only legal crime you could commit.

No, but apparently the purge is set in a universe where looters and thiefs don't exist.

>this

While the President is the single most powerful person in government he is not the most powerful entity. Congress is, I don't know if it is purposeful or not, but no one, even IRL seems to get that if you wanted to make a bunch retarded insane laws you would need to replace every senator and representative with your own insane party members.

Because it's stupid, fun schlock?

Did you get mad at the premises behind Killer Klowns from Outer Space or Final Destination? Not all movies are going for an Oscar. There are just enjoyable cult-tier movies.

But that is exactly what has happened.
>Insane party members
Republicans are exactly that, I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented a purge day.

Since their objective was just to kill poor people, they should have just made it legal to murder poor people.

It could be smart, fun schlock

retard

>Republicans are exactly that, I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented a purge day.

Get out

They do address this. By the third movie most normal Americans aren't Purging anymore and it's just death squads sent out by TNFF killing poor people and anymore who disagrees with them.

don't try to interrupt the qq party

Just steal a bunch of scratch off lotto tickets and claim the prize right after the purge happened
You'd eventually make enough money to move to a non-shit country that didn't have a purge

But the upper class makes its money of poor people why would they kill them?

>shlock could be smart

Zebras could be horses if they didn't have stripes!

But they're not.

Off of some poor people, the Purge keeps the number of lower class in check.

These are some of the stupidest fucking points you could bring up, and I didn't even see the movies. This idiot assumes people wouldn't have safeguards in place in a world that KNOWS the purge is coming. You'd have prisoners on lockdown, all electronic finances frozen, and anyone who didn't want to be a part of it would have left weeks before.

>Killer Klowns from Outer Space or Final Destination
These movies don't claim to have a political message of any kind. The Purge is just heavy handed, poorly thought out, straw-manning, and just stupid.

Alright, quads.

You got it. Carry on.

Come back on Sup Forums when you've finished high school.

Then why even bother with the Purge? Why not just send out the Death Squads to kill poor people and be done with it?

>These movies don't claim to have a political message of any kind
Oh you poor simple child

Because people won't vote for that. You have to disguise it to make it seem like everyone is on a level playing field, that way the ignorant don't know how bad they are getting screwed.

See also: Our current electoral system.

Please explain how a killer klowns movie is about politics.

Watch the fucking movie if you want to argue about it. The movie is about revealing the government conspiracy

>"Heh, these normies can't believe how much of a kewl Utilitarian I am even though I would be slaughtered by a bunch of equally edgy retards or rabid niggers"
*teleports to McDicks at 2 AM*

Anyways it's a shit movie series with a premise that could be potentially be good under competent direction and writing. Instead they squander it, and only the second one is barely passable as an action movie.

Here is the thing. NO ONE would vote for something like the purge. Only edgy school shooters would, and they have to be 18 to vote.

Because they will resort to crime to provide for themselves. Killing off poors people isn't a terrible idea.
Inb4 ez on dah edge.
I'm not advocating it, I'm just saying it isn't a bad idea.
You can also try fucking up infrastructure right now. Guess what happens if you try, you get killed. Any location in the US that is essential to its infrastructure is heavily guarded. Security there would probably just get a shoot on sight order during purge nights.

Well in this world they did. They don't go into much about how it started except that the country was in a depression and it was a plan to bring them out of it.

But people kept voting for it after the country improved since its implementation.

Clearly about how Nixons work in the east will always be clouded by Watergate

>they can do ANYTHING
>jackasses who haven't seen the movie

The movie states that cops are still on standby and if shit really hits the fan they would go out and incapacitate the threat.

ITT: Sad, lonely people of average intelligence who were forced to sit at the loser table in high school.

Over-analyzing everything doesn't mean you're intelligent. It means you're a spaz.

And why the hell would anyone vote for the Purge? There aren't enough psychos in America.

if you're too retarded to notice the themes of classism and how politics perpetuates classism in these kino then maybe BvS is more your speed.

Because they believe the Purge is the reason the country is doing well economically.

>Guys, I know the economy is bad, but I have a plan: make crime legal for one night a year!
>That sounds like something reasonable, let's do it!

oh right and Angry Birds is about the immigration crisis

Well it created a whole new industry based around Purge defense systems, Purge weapon sales, and Purge cleanup and reconstruction businesses.

I joking called this world, parody world to myself while watching. In this movie everyone has been replaced by a mouth breathing retard who votes for things like the purge cuz the nice rich white people told them too

Toxic Avenger.

>You can also try fucking up infrastructure right now. Guess what happens if you try, you get killed. Any location in the US that is essential to its infrastructure is heavily guarded. Security there would probably just get a shoot on sight order during purge nights.
All you have to do is start a massive fire. No amount of guards with guns can stop that.

>Purge cleanup and reconstruction businesses
The fucking broken window fallacy I see. The money being spent on rebuilding is money that could have been spent on something else.
You're just benefitting one business, you're not benefitting society as a whole at all.

>no cops on purge day
>any nation or group of terrorists takes advantage of this and smuggles in any number of bombs, weapons, or devices
>they can just wait til next purge year to take advantage of using them because there are no police or firefighters anywhere

>You're just benefitting one business, you're not benefitting society as a whole at all.

And that's the plot of the series. That in the end it doesn't help society it's just a scheme by the rich to maintain power.

Good luck getting in range with a shoot on sight order, you're obviously solid snake since you can just sneak past everything.

>explaining things to dumb niggers

Why is everyone in this thread questioning how it would be voted in? Everyone thought donald trump wouldnt be Republican nominee, now he is. It's exactly the same thing, the white majority in the USA will vote in anything to screw over minorities.

Keynes please go

Those movies don't purport to be anything more than what they are, though. The Purge films have the least subtle political message possible behind them that doesn't hold up to thirty seconds of scrutiny.
>someone does one thing I perceive as bad so they'll automatically be for the most horrific things possible
Please never vote, the country is bad enough as it is without your input.

Because over half the country still hates Donald Trump. Even more people would balk at the very premise of the Purge, no way it would ever become law, and if it did it would get repealed the very next day.

>DUDE we're all so fucked up deep down LMAO

>Because over half the country still hates Donald Trump

Depends on what poll you look at. There's plenty that have him ahead.

You just have to burn the other buildings around the target and wait for the fire to spread.

Are you serious or is this bait, please be bait and not someone this fucking retarded. You're a blatant fear mongering shill bot, like a literal bot with how shitty your post are.

>the white majority in the USA will vote in anything to screw over minorities
Whites don't actively screw over minorities. We just don't care if the most beneficial solution for us affects you negatively. You don't cross our minds in the decision making process because you aren't really people.

I'm the second guy, please point out where I implied that in my post or shut the fuck up.

So you can control which way and if fire will spread? Are you the Human Torch too now?

The best part of the movie is where it criticized and BTFO of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Screencap of the after credits scene

But remember goy, all the black people are good. They're just all "ex" gang members.

>Half of Americans want to murder minorities en masse
retard