Why is the new Gorillaz album shit??

why is the new Gorillaz album shit??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0Uh9_Z3AOTM
youtu.be/nhPaWIeULKk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why wouldn't it be?

why did they chose such a bad album cover.

You grew up.

Too much rap.

Not enough Damon. Oddly enough, the songs were he actually has a presence are the best ones. FUck

At least it's better than The Fall.

>The Elephant
>The Apprentice
>that Interlude where the guy says he won't say "what everyone else says"
I get it, Damon.
This can be done much more subtley.

There's nothing odd about that

I at least warmed up to Saturn Bars.
I never did warm up to Stylo.

youtu.be/0Uh9_Z3AOTM

not even close

I have the thing. It leaked whole. I like some of it. I can't say the same thing about The Fall.

Gorillaz is in some way rap

This

The Gorillaz IS Damon, let the man fucking sing

Too many guests while pushing Damon towards the background for some reason. Also lose the variety and just give Danny Brown more air time. It just feels like he was trying to replicate what Demon Days did.

Just listend to the album, and I have to say that Saturn Barz, Momentz, Andromeda, She's My Collar, and We Got the Power are the only songs I really enjoyed listening to. I have to say that this is pretty disappointing, but maybe it will get better with more listens.

Pretty sure it's a call back to Demon Days.

It grows with every fucking listen. But all albums do that for me with Gorillaz. This one is just, something about it is special. Idk. I don't get a lot of the hate, I guess it's the "dancey" vibes to all of em.

Saturnz barz is decent when damon sings, the "all moy loif" puts me off

Damon made it on an ipad and booked features on his daughters advice

It's shit. Fucking hell, it's shit.

I'm pretty casual when it comes to music, and my taste are pretty eh but I thought it was pretty bad, then again I think it's just cause I really don't like modern rap which makes up a lot of this album.

Fall is hot garbage, I hate every song.

At most the first Album and Demon days have two songs each I hate.

Pretty simple honestly. Because there's not enough Gorillaz on it.

It's creator(s) decided to take the project seriously. It's a band of literal cartoon characters for crying out loud.

because it's an endless flow of niggers with no standout tracks

>hated it at first
>suddenly love a good chunk of the tracks
How?

It's their Let it Be but even worse

omg youre allowed to say any word on Sup Forums but not the n word, omfg how could you, delete that!!!

Just when I think people here can't be any more retarded, I read this shit

The average Sup Forumstant. Great critique, you inbred hillbilly.

Seriously, die off.

Here, listen to it again
youtu.be/nhPaWIeULKk

It really is

No it isn't. It's a project that's meant to be entirely collaborative. Also, who do you think is not allowing Damon to sing?

This album is too We Wuz Kangz and Fuck Drumpf to age well.

How fucking bad does the next album have be to make this good? The only good parts are Damon singing, so everytime he is not, its disappointing. Why is this nigger singing? Why is now another nigger singing? This nigger can't speak english and is so fucking autotuned, what is the point of having him there? And as you go on getting Damon replaced by random niggers, you piece together the theme of this album. Its all about the recent manufactored sociopolitics. Black Lives Matter. Fuck Drumpf. Feel the Bern. I cannot listen to We Got The Power without seeing smug Bernie Sanders fans, and it makes it so fucking annoying, because evidently you don't have the power.

The album is bad because Damon's not singing. And Damon's not singing because of niggers. So the album is bad because of niggers. And its all sociopolitical extremist shit. Then again, the whole album is just sociopolitical shit, so it wasn't ment to be anything more than praise how Jesus loves you and me.

Damon himself, because he is old as fuck, just like his buddy Noel Gallagher.

There's a reason why 75% of this guy's twilight career has been in composing soundtracks. But, fucking millenials still want the new Clint Eastwood so he got Vince Staples and Danny Brown instead of Snoop Dogg and Lou Reed and now everyone's mad. It's a chemistry of mixing pee and poo together to make drugs, and it leaves everyone feeling sick even when they do get a little high.

Literally the best and most accurate review I've read of this album so far

>Just when I think people here can't be any more retarded
user, they literally used an album cover that depicts the fictional band members as real (3D) people. One of the main things that brought all the great earlier Gorillaz stuff together was that it was firmly tongue-in-cheek. Humanz has no sense of humor, and it shows most aggregiously in the music desu.

You know the album is good when anyone who hates it eventually says nigger if you discuss it long enough, no actual arguments about the music just niggers

I can't stop laughing at children who think that Damon Albarn is somehow getting crowded out of the album that he produces and features on. He just doesn't have many pop songs left in him, and furthermore he doesn't want to have to go on tour and play two hours worth of shit himself, he has young black men to do that for him and in shifts.

for the same reason every album of the gorillaz is shit I guess?

>Damon made it in an ipad
he wrote it on an iPad. that's completely different from making it on an iPad.

good bait desu, I predict 5 (You)s

>He just doesn't have many pop songs left in him

Why?

This is most likely true.

He recently made two albums with him singing the whole time.

this

Don't know, i'm just gonna take a bath.

D A B A F F

>lol if (You)

2D: -trying to sleep, noodles is being loud

2D: Noodles...

-noodles sucking off her buff bf really loud-

2D: -tap tap- Ah, ehem, nood-

Noodles: -annoyed, takes cock out of mouth but just as her bf cums, her head turn to 2D results in the cum pouring all over his shirt-

2D: ah no!

Murdoc: ..bout time for a baff, innit?

This.

nice quads

>no actual arguments
see
Also, one critic itt being racist =/= every critic itt being racist.

>(You)

Too much rap and too many features that got way too much time on the song

>nigger is not an argument
Its to music what twerking is to dancing

what track on Demon Days is tongue-in-cheek and doesn't take itself seriously? I can only think of DARE.

You realize rap/hip-hop is the main genre associated with Gorillaz? Two of their biggest hits have rap portions.
Also nice bait.

and that's why nobody 's taking you seriously

White Light?

Wince worthy.

>when you realize gorillaz are just as bad as daft punk
>they only have one good album each

Fuck, dude.
You don't like your women showing off their nice bodies? You must be a fag or just *that* racist, cause twerking just makes us want to fuck like mad

>enraged that I just responded to such bait

rap/hip-hop with Damon having a major part in the song most of the time, Humanz is just trash face it

twerking is a degenerate dance for whores

And you don't want to be one of the 10,000,000 guys to make a dumb slut's eyes roll back in her head?

>shig

Its just purely shit taste. Its nigger. Its twerking. Its covering your food with spice, because otherwise you can't taste anything.

You don't have to say more than Nigger.

Why would I want a degenerate whore?
How would twerking achieve this?

I feel like there's a good or almost good album buried beneath all of the filler/shit features.
Right now the only tracks I really like are
>Andromeda
>Busted and Blue
>Out of Body
>Ticker Tape
some of the remixes are good too, I prefer the Banks Saturnz Barz to the original

because gorillaz is shit

New and improved tracklist.

01. I Turned My Robot Off (Intro)
02. Ascension
03. Strobelite
04. Saturnz Barz
05. Momentz
06. The Non-Conformist Oath (Interlude)
07. Submission
08. Charger
09. Andromeda
10. Busted and Blue
11. Penthouse (Interlude)
12. Out of Body
13. She's My Collar
14. Halfway to the Halfway House
15. New World (Interlude)
16. The Apprentice
17. Ticker Tape
18. Circle of Friendz
19. We Got the Power

The rest of the shitty tracks could be dumped on the Deluxe edition, whatever.

>Turned
ITS "SWITCHED" YOU GOD DAMN FUCKING PLEB

FUCK I FAILED YOU user

>the gorillaz
do you also say the swans

Muh tracklist:

01. Ascension
02. Saturnz Barz
03. Charger
04. Andromeda
05. Busted and Blue
06. Let Me Out
07. Sex Murder Collar
08. She's My Collar
09. Hallelujah Money

Rest into garbage

lmao

homework and discovery are both good

This is the best take-away from these comments.

Specifically this >"Black Lives Matter" is bullshit
>niggers niggers niggers niggers why are they all over my white people music
>love my Cheeto president who validates my racism lol

Because this album is a cash grab and they're trying to call back to the only gorillaz album normies know, demon days

Duuuude. Your tracklist is eerily similar to the one I made!

1. Interlude: New World
2. Intro: I Switched My Robot Off
3. Ascension
4. Strobelite
5. The Apprentice
6. Saturnz Barz
7. Momentz
8. Interlude: The Non-Conformist Oath
9. Submission
10. Charger
11. Interlude: Elevator Going Up
12. Andromeda
13. Ticker Tape*
14. Busted & Blue*
15. Halfway to the Halfway House
16. Interlude: Penthouse
17. She's My Collar*
18. Out of Body*
19. Sex Murder Party*
20. Hallelujah Money
21. Circle of Friendz
22. We Got the Power

The * is for ones I don't know how to order in their respective sections

True, but the rap on this album is ass

Where is everyone listening to Ticker Tape and Out of Body?

26 songs what the fuck

no matter how good you are it is way too much

Trips confirm humanz is too long

Anyone think the album should have been called something else? In all honesty I thought Circle Of Friendz sounded like a better title.

>what are interludes

Aside from a few tracks I don't like, that's pretty good. A bit bloated though. The ordering could be a problem to the 'MUH LORE' fags because of the deluxe tracks telling a story of the end of the world and shit.
I made Out of Body go after Penthouse because both tracks imply that there's some sort of party/ritual going on and it fits pretty well.

even without them it's 20 which is still too much

whew

gorillaz fans are something else eh

album's alright, quit getting triggered by black people

grow up

>muh damon
>THE gorillaz

Fuck off blurfag.

>The Blur

When 99% of people only use Spotify or Apple Music & don't buy physicals, how is this a problem? It's actually a blessing cause everyone can pick their favorites

I thought that too -- that Penthouse sequence of 3 does start best with Out of Body's 'hushed' beginning, but then I don't like bumping the energy up with She's My Collar only to bring it back down with SMP

So right now I'm gonna try a listen with Penthouse => Collar => SMP => Out of Body, as well as switching B&B and Ticker Tape.
+ I don't really get the post-world's-end vibe from the deluxe tracks, even though it makes sense that's what they're supposed to be

What tracks would you remove, though? If I had to pick two it'd be The Apprentice & Halfway, actually. A 3rd would be She's My Collar; not sure why that's on alot of people's favorites

Fucking this.

Same thing happened with Plastic Beach.

Plastic Beach sucked except a handful of track
This album sucks except a handful of tracks
The Fall sucks except a few tracks

Par for the course, I guess.

The thing with Humanz is that it doesn't really have its own hit song.

Gorillaz had Clint Eastwood
Demon Days had Feel Good
Plastic Beach had Melancholy Hill
Humanz has... nothing

Yeah, there are a couple of decent songs here and there but it's mostly just trashy songs that any rapper wannabe would upload to SoundCloud.

I've read you dumbasses complain about how bad this album is for weeks, and it's fantastic.
There's been a lot of back and forth about how it doesn't sound like Gorillaz or how Gorillaz don't have a sound, but Gorillaz does have a sound and the instrumentation on Humanz is consistent with it, just more party-esque which was the point.

Strobelite is great.

Sex Murder Party and Hallelujah Money I'd remove

If you want Damon singing whole songs then go listen to Blur or something