lol who cares

1) football

POWER GAP

2) soccer
3) hockey

POWER GAP

4) apehoop
5) le decide when to take out your starting pitcher man

you could have just said you don't know anything about fielding.

i know do he makes other adjustments, but realistically a manager will choose offense 90% of the time. any competent baseball player should be able to play the outfield or first base (look at papi in the world series, a career DH)

>Chelsea with Mourinho: 10th
>almost same squad with Conte: 2nd

>Manchester Utd with Moyes: 7th
>Manchest Utd with Ferguson almost same squad: 1st

>Liverpool with Rodgers: 10th
>Liverpool with Klopp: 1st

So obviously football 1st.

Dunno about Handegg but I suppose it would make quite a big difference but because of the meme draft system it would never make as much of a difference as in soccer.

Dunno about the other sports you mentioned

Chelsea haven't finished 2nd.

Liverpool haven't finished 1st.

Fuck off.

well in football (american) the head coach is involved in virtually every play.

can't say the same about divegrass. i mean you decide formations and substitutions but beyond that?

Liverpool are winning the league la, can't stop it

half the season is over you Man utd customer, you wont finish 1st anymore just let it flow and accept that you're the new Liverpool.
And i don't even like liverpool.

Unlike in handegg, the Manager is constantly making changes on the fly during the game. You usually see them standing up and yelling, telling players and pointing to cover a position when another player moves forward. Aside from making subs and the formation, making squad changes before the match and needing to submit them. Having to check on the fatique of a player and whether or not he is fit, or whether it's worth the risk of starting him.

I gotta disagree here toothpaste. I despise handegg but we have to acknowledge that in this game the head coach is the real player. Guys on the field are merely pawns for him.

At best, they can be innovative, like the QB who """read""" defenses, but the other guys just execute what they are being told, like robots.

1. Football
2. Soccer
3. Hockey
4. Basketball
5. Baseball

Typically the greater amount of players are involved in a given play or run of play the more important. So football and soccer are the most, whereas a sport like baseball that might involve only 4 players or fewer working in coordination at a given time is the least.

1. Football
2. Baseball
3. Basketball
4. Soccer
5. Hockey

This is the correct order

>baseball ranked 2nd

Abruti.

1. Football (coaches control nearly every action in the field)

2. Baseball (coaches control most of the game. Lineup, shift, pitch calls if necessary, substitions, steal/bunt)

3. Basketball (coaches control some of the game. Frequent called plays, lineups, substitutions)

4. Soccer (coaches control little of the game. Formation, substitutions, set pieces)

5. Hockey (coaches control next to nothing. Formation, substitutions)

You obviously know nothing about hockey.

or soccer for that matter

Handegg coach literally has a mic to his quarterback (or the whole team maybe) and tells him what to do

soccer and hockey are very similar, the coaches both have to manage the game while the play is still ongoing. Soccer doubly so because it has very few stops. Football/Basketball/Baseball all have a significant amount of stoppage between plays.

>My sport is #1 at everything

Sports with more stoppages allow for more input from a coach, it's pretty simple. If the game stops often you call more plays and if you call more plays you're impacting the game more

Basketball and soccer are the two sports where the coach role is the most important since, as we all know, the average footy/basket player is not exactly a bright person able to take intricate tactical decisions in the matter of seconds.

I didn't say hockey was #1 but to say the coaches control next to nothing is just wrong.

They control substitutions on the fly, during play, every 30 seconds. That is just one thing they do, the only sport that does that. That's more work than a baseball coach does all game.

you just proved you know nothing about football.

1. Baseball
2. Football
3. Hockey
4. Soccer
5. Basketball

>Dunno about Handegg but I suppose it would make quite a big difference but because of the meme draft system it would never make as much of a difference as in soccer.
Coaches don't draft players.

General managers do and I think there are only 2 NFL coaches who are also GMs of their teams.

Controlling personnel and controlling actual on field play are very different things. That isn't to say Hockey managers don't have an important job just that their sport is more based upon reactions and athleticism from their players than it is on strategic elements. It's not devoid of strategy just less prevalent than other sports

-Football
-Soccer
-Hockey
-NL baseball
-Basketball
-AL baseball

>basketball coaches

>omg this guy had Jordan, Pippin, and Rodman than Kobe and Shaq
HE'S GOAT

>omg this guy tells his players to foul guys who cant shoot free throws
GENIUS

Football
Basketball/Hockey
Baseball
Soccer

>Having to check on the fatique of a player and whether or not he is fit, or whether it's worth the risk of starting him.
lel, real life is not the same as fifa.

coaching in football is more than just setting up the formation and picking players, its about teaching players how to play your style.

youtube.com/watch?v=ug3M-LC3Ps8

Look at the video, how Guardiola explains his football to the players. There are tons of videos like this that show how an exercise translates into actual play during a match and it's pretty eye-opening.

Or look at how sites like spielverlagerung com analyze matches.
Obviously they take it to another level and its up for debate whether its even useful to analyze tactics to such an extent.
But it shows how big the thought process behind modern-day coaching is.

If you find that baseball coaches are having a hard time, I can't even imagine what you would think about football managers...

That's just guardiola, who is a very hands on coach

Fergie didn't even take training sessions, he left that to his backroom staff.

It's mainly about man management and giving players that feeling of invincibility. Half of Pep's power comes from his reputation and personality

>It's mainly about man management and giving players that feeling of invincibility

Unironically, I think this approach is so stupid, that it is the key reason why there are no world class british coaches at the moment.

And regardless, it was Fergie who came up with what they were supposed to do, his backroom staff translated it into exercises and drills to hammer it into their heads.
He didn't just make the players feel good and they kind of improvised throughout matches.

>1. baseball
>5. basketball

how to spot a racist

baseball is a longer game and the lineups are bigger, so by this mindset baseball has more coach influence because he has total control of the lineup and pitching changes, etc. but we all know that's not the case.

in reality, in these sports, you just put your best players out there when you can, and hope for the best. the most actual strategy is in football and soccer where there are several mini-games going on instead of just one action that everyone focuses on

Well yeah, he obviously had tactics for matches and a general way he wanted the players to play, but it wasn't a hard outlined philosophy like Pep or LVG.

There is only so much tactics can do. Brenny basically played the same yolo press ball as Klopp with basically the same team, but Klopp arguably does it better because they have more belief in the manager. I say arguably because I think before the slip Liverpool were probably just as good as they are now, And no it wasn't just down to suarez.

Pep's city is basically the same players as last year but they are playing better suddenly, in that the individual player is better

Psychology is a massive part of sports. Tactics are important but they sent the be all and end all

A manager in baseball and a head coach in football both have to make tough decisions at times. In baseball you have to make a lineup, decide when to take somebody out for a pinch hitter/runner, give the greenlight, and decide when to go to the bullpen. I do not envy managers in baseball. In football you have to decide if you want to go for it on 4th down. I don't see anything like that in any other sport.

>In football you have to decide if you want to go for it on 4th down

Epigg XD

>putting football twice on the list

It's a decision that will literally decide the game if not chosen correctly.

1. Handegg
2a. Baseball
2b. Soccer
3. Hockey
4. Basketball

Game management

1. Football
2. Hockey
3. Baseball
4. Soccer
5. Basketball

Practice/systems
1. Football
2. Soccer
3. Hockey
4. Basketball
5. Baseball

>implying theres anything wrong about being a racist
top cuck

Football
Baseball
Hockey
Soccer
POWER GAP

BASKETBALL
Eric Spoelstra won two (2) NBA Championships.

Spoelstra was a great coach, fuck outta here

>being on the wrong side of history

enjoy having no friends and jerking off to alt-righters

A head coach LITERALLY calls plays.

Are you telling me Belichick doesn't matter?

1. football
2. overmanaging baseball manager (important in that they singlehandedly lose games)
9001. good baseball manager
9001. hockey
9000000000001. apehoop

1a. Soccer
1b. Baseball
2. basketball
3. hockey

9000000000000000001. flinging shit
9000000000000000000000000001. football

that wasn't my ranking lol. just listed them off

I played hockey my entire life for one of the most storied programs in the state of Minnesota which is hands down the best hockey state. Hockey (at least on a professional level) is definitely last.
On a youth level they are massively important though, easily the most important.

They're obviously important on a kids level as far as development goes but on a pro level I don't know what they do besides for adjusting lines and switching up pretty minute strategies.

1. Football
2. Baseball
3. Basketball
4. Hockey

I don't know anything about soccer management

1) football
Ridiculous amounts of play calling, match ups, etc
2) baseball
Mostly in the last 3-4 innings, but still lots of micro-managing of bullpen, telling runners when to go, when guys should bunt, pinch runners, shifts, etc
3) basketball
Need to know when to call time outs, who to put on the floor
4) hockey
Most of the coaching is done at practice or in a conference room the night before, still some line matching and whatnot, but generally speaking everyone knows what they need to do
5) soccer
Similar to hockey I'd imagine, emphasis the parts of your system that are important depending on who you're playing, make sure the system is followed

I see
So what youre saying is US football is just glorified chess and isn't really a sport at all

>on the wrong side of history
>Trump won

More like modern day slavery. White man bossing about a load of black men

Football
Baseball
Soccer
Hockey
Basketball

Although, I guess I'm looking at it as what improves on a managed team vs. pick up games.
Football and baseball pick up games don't work, and soccer and hockey end up being "one-man army" games usually. Basketball plays very similar managed or not.

Good to see so many correct posts with football at the top. Not to diminish the contributions of coaching staff of any other sport.

It isn't >bossing about when everyone is getting paid millions of dollars to show up.

Hockey
Baseball
Basketball
Football
Soccer

Anyone telling otherwise has never played sports on a competitive level

even a monkey can win la liga as a Barcelona coach

>adjustments to fielding
So, take a note to where the batter hit, and if he's a infield hitter, texas leaguer or power hitter. That's like, 6 positions you have to teach to your defense.

Also, why can't coaches make the pitching changes at the right time?

just say you dont watch handegg

Yes.

I used to think apehoop coaches don't matter and most don't, but when you get a really legit one like Phil, Walton, and Poppovich, you really do see a big difference. But it is only at the elite level and shit tier level do you really see the effect a coach has in the NBA.

>toothpaste

Football
"Soccer"
Hockey
Baseball
Literally anything else
Basket">Tyronn Lue is a champion"ball

Oh. haha

Not trolling, looking for serious answer.

If offsides are illegal in soccer does the coach really give that much input on formations. I never see coaches say anything they just stand there and every once in a while try and shout something to someone running full speed 50M away. And how many subs do you even get a game? I know a fresh pair of legs will bring momentum to the team but isn't it the same 3/4 guys getting subd everytime?

Even baseball which would have tied for 4th/5th with soccer is more coach driven. I mean every pitch and every bat attempt in baseball are orchestrated by one of the coaches. Thats why you see all the hand signals.

Basketball Timeouts are critical to stopping momentum, and switching out players for size / speed advantages are crucial.

i don't know much about how it is in other sports but I know in soccer that the coach really is the guy who pushes the players forward. He has a big role behind the scenes except the very hard part of tactics, rotations, and substitutions.

A good example is manchester united. They had alex ferguson for like 27 years, he took the team from being medicore and midtable to one of the best club in the world for like 20 straight years. He gave that team a winner mentality, and was a genius at making players fulfill their potential. He was winning titles with medicore players against stacked up teams. Once he left, the squad of the team only got better but they performed much, much worse. He was 100% the reason of their success. The team also rarely the best players of a generation, but somehow he made them so dominant and for so long.

You see it a lot in general how a team can get better or worse when they just switch manangers. There's a reason why soccer managers are super stars (guardiola and mourinho are being talked about more than any of their players for examples). But like I said before I don't know how it is in others sports just that in soccer the coach is one of the most important aspects of a team.

I don't know if you can compare them properly. Football/baseball are both turn-based, most others have running clocks and constant play.

Correct

Handegg is like playing a video game Irl as a coach