I lieked it

But my inner trek nerd had to rage at these parts

>alien makes pointless screaming face to view screen, lol ok
>alien's language is not in the universal translator, but we find out later it actually should be, lol ok
>an orion male is scene in a montage, lol ok
>kirk imeadiatly attacking non hostile aliens, lol ok.
>dumb CG non-bi pedal aliens in trek, lol ok
>Dyson spheres are imposible/ don't work in TNG, but here is one in a TOS universe anyway, lol ok
>despite the ship being torn apart while in orbit, everyone is within a 6 hour hike of one another, lol ok
>evil villian was on the planet for almost 120 years, but never found the old trek ship he was apparently apart of, i guess he forgot where it was, lol ok
>there is a motor cycle on the old ship, lol ok.
>horde of bee ships literally fucking up the brand new space station's defences, lol ok
>despite how much he owns the fedaration space station, needs some long lost bio weapon to REALLY fuck up the federation. lol ok
>goes after kirk when he has already won, lol ok.
>sulu is gay no, lol ok

lol ok reddit

I could not concentrate on a thing you said OP because of your mantra at the end of each line.

>le leddit maymay

lol ok

a new meme is born

Since when was Star Trek about having hundreds of new alien species all at once?

lol

ok

ok

i know. feels like a star wars thing.

Basically, when ever this franchise feels like star wars or babylon 5 or some other sci-fi show, i get mad. Trek has a very strongly established lore, and fucking jew jew rebooted so he could ignore it and make it shitty. I want it undone.

lol

It feels as wrong and out-of-universe as the Kanji Klub from Force Awakens.

ok

>Trek has a very strongly established lore

And its because of that lore that most of the movies were trash

No room for creative freedom

Since...ever...really? Remember Journey to Babel, with all the different member races of the Federation? The limiting factor, what generally made the Federation come off as "a homo sapiens only club" (as Star Trek VI wonderfully put it) was always just makeup budget. The JJ movies don't have that albatross, they can - and generally have - made the Federation come off as colorful and varied as it's supposed to be.

>Dyson spheres are imposible/ don't work in TNG
They were neither, that particular one was just abandoned because its sun became unstable but that was never tied to the fact it was in the sphere.

If they really wanted to be progressive they would have made a new alien command crew member instead of changing Sulu from straight to gay.

lol ok reddit

lol ok.

Easily the best of the three. Pretty good, way better than expected.

Who ever said Sulu was straight?

And, anyhow, Trek added more aliens to the command crew over 40 years ago. They didn't stick and the Trek Office spent decades saying they weren't canon.

>Not knowing what a Dyson Sphere is
>Implying Yorktown had a fucking SUN in the middle.

>Who ever said Sulu was straight?

Yeah, Starbase Yorktown is nowhere near Dyson Sphere size. It's not even Death Star size. Per word of its designers, it's about 16 miles around.

>implying
a good majority of the movies are good, or at least not bad.

>Who ever said Sulu was straight?
George Takei
he said making Sulu gay because he's gay was fucking dumb

Hardly relevant, thousands of gay men & women have children, many of whom are theirs biologically.

I understand Takei's point but this isnt ToS Sulu

>Hardly relevant

It's relevant when there was zero history of the character being gay up until this movie. When the actor who has played the character for decades doesn't agree with the changing of characterization.

>but this isnt ToS Sulu

You can't play that game when the characters are all the most basic and dumb interpretations of exactly what they were before.

>game

I mean. Are you watching these flicks? They're alternate versions. This Spock's not exactly Ambassador Spock, this Kirk may never get fat, etc.

You can't excuse "It's bad" with "Of course it's bad, everything about it is bad!"

I didnt. You sound out of sorts my man, in all your posts. Get your shit together.

>George Takei

Given that he spent most of his life in the closet, his wanting Sulu to be seen as straight is hardly surprising. Sulu was his camouflage, as long as no one questioned Sulu, no one questioned him.

The funny thing is, he's used this as his Facebook cover image in the past (including fairly recently, I believe). So his words fall a little flat.

>You sound out of sorts my man

Ah, it was all but a clever ruse

Sulu never had a romance in the fucking show either...

What was so un-Star Wars about Kanju Klub?

I dunno i've just seen people meme about it here so...

Sup Forums hates EVERYTHING, so really there's a reason why you don't hear about good movies and tv shows here, but BvS was hardlined for so long.

Referencing a real-world language in a strange way. Felt like it belonged in Bladerunner or something.

>It's relevant when there was zero history of the character being gay up until this movie.

And there was zero history of him having a daughter until Demora was revealed in Generations, fully grown and piloting the damn Enterprise. Sulu's personal life was barely touched on in TOS and a total cipher in JJ-Trek. That it hadn't been said is no argument, because it hadn't been said he wasn't, either.

So would it make sense for Scotty to have a Peurto Rican daughter because there's nothing suggesting he wouldn't adopt a daughter by himself?

That'd be adorable

What if she was 45 because there's nothing in TOS to suggest he wouldn't adopt an adult woman and be her caretaker.

I wanna fug that thing

>complaining about alien waifus

What's wrong with you nigga

Also, it doesn't matter what old Star Trek was about. This is the reboot universe, not a sequel

>Also, it doesn't matter what old Star Trek was about.

That's why they're so forgettable.

>What are jokes?

It was alright. A bit long and campy.
Elba never really felt like a villain.

It literally is though

Either you have to accept that this is the same character as before or you are saying that being gay is a choice.

It figuratively is. It literally is not.

No it literally is.

It's figuratively literal, but not literally figurative.

I'm sorry no, you're literally wrong. Figuratively only half wrong.

That's hot. That's a hot way to live.

It was forgettable.
Missed a lot of cinematography moments by over using jumpcuts.
Would have really benefited from zoomed out shots.
Another Khan rehash.
StarTrek is not about stopping the villain as the primary goal but rather the villain has already completed his task and they must stop whatever it is, villain is always second.
Yet these new movies are about villain primary and the mission secondary.