/lbg/ Letterboxd General

RATE. DISCUSS. WATCH

Other urls found in this thread:

bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/sight-sound-magazine/polls-surveys/stanley-kubrick-cinephile
letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/
vimeo.com/94685012
letterboxd.com/Synt/
youtu.be/-daXZWgYELM
letterboxd.com/TooPleb/
letterboxd.com/film/eaten-alive-the-rise-and-fall-of-the-italian-cannibal-film/
letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/
letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FOLLOW THE FACKING FABS

UNFOLLOW THE FABS

Here is a great article about Kubrick and he`s favorite films:

bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/sight-sound-magazine/polls-surveys/stanley-kubrick-cinephile

letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/

>“If I made as much money as George Lucas, I would not decide to become a studio mogul. I cannot understand why he doesn’t want to direct films anymore, because American Graffiti and even Star Wars were very good.”
post yfw kubrick liked star wars

>Frewin: “What struck me immediately while looking through this ‘Master List’ was the conspicuous absence of Akira Kurosawa. Stanley thought Kurosawa was one of the great film directors and followed him closely. In fact I cannot think of any other director he spoke so consistently and admiringly about. So, if Kubrick was cast away on a desert island and could only take a few films, what would they be? My money would be on The Battle of Algiers, Danton, Rashomon, Seven Samurai and Throne of Blood…

“Talking of Kurosawa, a poignant tale: Stanley received a fan letter from Kurosawa in the late 1990s and was so touched by it. It meant more to him than any Oscar would. He agonised over how to reply, wrote innumerable drafts, but somehow couldn’t quite get the tenor and tone right. Weeks went by, and then months, still agonising. Then he decided enough was enough, the reply had to go, and before the letter was sent Kurosawa died. Stanley was deeply upset.”

i didn't need these feels

this is even sadder than the season finale of keit-ai

vimeo.com/94685012

Did anyone watch this earlier? going too watch now

real thread

>not a single Muslim has gone up on the stage

Why to heck are there 2 /lbg/s now

This was good, I could listen to Stiglegger talk about film all day. Probably should have had him speaking German and subbed it though, so many ums and ers

tfw u will never get drunk with Marcus Stiglegger and fabs while recording an audio commentary for a Eurocrime movie

letterboxd.com/Synt/

Why is there two threads?

agreed

glad you had a nice time at stalker

Because Letterboxd generals are VERY important to some people, lmao

fucking Isis killing people again for the third time this week
'aww no they're OK let them in the country you rasis'

The other thread is for plebs, so you should go there.

Meanwhile there are daily rapies, assaults and even murders going on for a year now that nobody gives a damn about

why are you posting this in this thread

how is this related to letterboxd, or to tv or film

Anybody watched Ken Loach's Poor Cow?

As being in the interests of the community of /lbg/

I was going to like last week, but then I saw that there's a Blu-Ray coming, and now I'll wait for that.

It's online now

>Smoothhands only watches 1 minute "films" to pad his total number of films watched
>link_gorro (Amphibian200) is a raging SJW, pedophile, and discovered Sup Forums through the Breaking Bad subreddit
>Acid is a tranny chaser and obsessed with Healey
>Healey shills Kanye West and Trump and think he's somehow the leader of a contrarian revolution
>m_obvs is an edgy 13 year old that deleted his profile out of shame
>mollykins is the "female" version of m_obvs that should just delete "her" profile
>Jackieray still hasn't grown out of De Palma like a normal person
>nosaj is a fat Irish pig that wishes he was a nigger
>steakbro is genuinely retarded, avatarfags with shitty blurry screencaps of Miami Vice, and gets triggered if you say Fury Road or BvS was bad
>myrmician is a 30 year old neet Paki
>coryburning stalks girls in these threads and probably a rapist
>Miranna left these threads in fright after being stalked by coryburning
>winstonne is from [s4s] and acts like it, also a furry
>aeltbx is a fat paki and throws a fit whenever someone says mean things to him
>bel committed suicide
>dropout_bear avatarfags with ugly poo in loo bitches
>machill54 is calm, cool, and based as fuck even though /lbg/ jealously memes on him constantly
>pupkin is a schmuck
>tsar attempted suicide and failed that too lmao

Loved it - actually surprised it held up so well for me. It's become fashionable to shit on the film as baby's first Tarkovsky but fuck it, it's pretty great.

yeah, weird.

lol are you the guy who rage unfollowed me because I supposedly liked Neil Breen movies - although the real reason was because i didn't follow you back like a day after you followed me?

youtu.be/-daXZWgYELM

why

On private trackers only by now, it seems :(

Stop, you'll offend link_gorro and he'll go on a rant about how all conservatives are bigots and every movie ever made is communist propaganda.

Kill yourself

is bel really dead?

Actually, yes that is me. Glad you remember me, followed you back.

reminder to post in the real /lbg/ and stop bumping winstonne's shitty thread that he will inevitably fuck up with furry posting

we cool man

how about you go fuck yourself

The image in this one is more interesting and cinematic. So, I'll stay and advise people to stay too. Choose correctly, unlike that daft boi, steakbro

kickass torrents is down, where do i get my movies now?

Suck my dick and I'll give you all the free movies you want

ok *sucks dick*

o shit waddup

LOL FAGGOT

*other people join in the chant*

>voluntarily posting in a thread with exchanges like this

Every thread is shit, only the degrees vary. I just bother to get bothered when
1) it's a terrible op or bad image
2) some turbo autist make 200 posts
The rest is just a comfy mix shitposting, banter and bullying and that's for the liking of most

You seem to be having a pretty nice July, beefbro

it's okay, i guess. what makes you say that?

what's the consensus on this guy?

can i log sargon of akkads videos as films because they are all kinos and worth 5 stars

letterboxd.com/TooPleb/

i sell my body to the lowest bidder

o shit waddup

I'll offer you steakbro's profile since that is the lowest thing anyone can ever offer.

off with steakbros head!

Fuck off sarcuck of mossad

do with me what you will

This image really made me think. That collective disgust in their faces is fantastic.
More films like this, like The Wicker Man?

ghostsbusters 2016

>used up club whores leering at morally sound, marriageable women

hmmmm

Reminder that being a pedo is lower than being a furry.

>used up club whores
There's no way those girls are older than 16

that's what he said

Calm down dropout_bear.

Being a 'furry' or a 'pedo' is not a problem. We're accepting in this community. Neo-neo-neo /lbg/+Sup Forums bigotry has no place.

t. Muslim lover

Disgusting, really

Well it seems you have watched the essential. Now, to explore. Three off me head:
>The Hunger
>Pola X
>Un Conte De Noël

Why do you shitheads are having TWO general now? Are you trying to be /got/?

one is film discussion and the other is shitposting

pretty obvious which is which

Oh, yes, it is.

Found footage

Extremely based even though I've seen none of his work

What are your favourite found footage films

>the Pola X is good meme
Fuck off, amaranth/tsar/acid

Cannibal Holocaust, the most philosophical cannibal film too
The Last Exorcism was nice
AASB is a great watching experience
The many gimmicks and the game of expectation on the first 4 Paranormal Activit(ies)

And really the list goes on if you like the genre. Even on bad or terrible films, and there's quite a few of them, at least their setting up in the first third of the picture is an interesting and comfy business.

POLA X IS GOOD AND CARAX IS A FANTASTIC DIRECTOR, YOU SWINE

it's amazing that deodato of all people was first to really do found footage horror

I haven't watched in a while but it really is a well made film

judging by your comment you've seen at least a few cannibam movies, have you seen letterboxd.com/film/eaten-alive-the-rise-and-fall-of-the-italian-cannibal-film/ ?

Punishment Park came before that but CH is closer to what the genre is today, especially with the bookending stuff.

Might as well post to both threads why did we need two threads

Going to continue re re re watching story of film an odyssey

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

read a book nigger

We didn't, but some fairy got upset and now is samefagging the ''''real'''' thread

>gay marriage won't lead to pedophilia and bestiality being forced for acceptance! that's just crazy!
What's next?

And Punishment Park is a masterpiece. Based Watkins

It's pretty much a trash genre, sadly the heights of CH were never even a little reached. Thanks for the link/rec, it's very much in my interest.

Its a good doc, getting deodato + lenzi + martino all talking makes it a fairly definitive doc on the subject

I don't care :)

You sure are getting your panties up in a bunch for """not caring"""

Two quite unrelated situations

Synt, you betraying cunt

huh?

>Captura de ecrã
cute

In my experience, films tend to be a struggle

smoothhands pls

I just ordered Early Kurosawa Collection ( SANSHURO SUGATA (1943, 79 min), SANSHURO SUGATA No 2 (1945, 83 min), THE MOST BEAUTIFUL (1944, 85 min), THE MEN WHO TREAD ON THE TIGER'S TAIL (1952, 58 min), NO REGRETS FOR OUR YOUTH (1946, 110 min) and ONE WONDERFUL SUNDAY (1947, 108 min).).

What am I in for?

also badlands but who cares

>“Children’s films are an area that should not just be left to the Disney Studios, who I don’t think really make very good children’s films. I’m talking about his cartoon features, which always seemed to me to have shocking and brutal elements in them that really upset children. I could never understand why they were thought to be so suitable. When Bambi’s mother dies this has got to be one of the most traumatic experiences a five-year-old could encounter.

>“I think that there should be censorship for children on films of violence. I mean, if I didn’t know what Psycho was, and my children went to see it when they were six or seven, thinking they were going to see a mystery story, I would have been very angry, and I think they’d have been terribly upset. I don’t see how this would interfere with freedom of artistic expression. If films are overly violent or shocking, children under 12 should not be allowed to see them. I think that would be a very useful form of censorship.”

Is Kubrick right?

That's great, friend. You're in for a lot of Kurosawa!

But Badlands is better than all of them

>buying movies

Of fucking course he's not right. A defense of censorship and the believe and support for the stupidity of 'children' are really terrible positions to someone to hold.
And that's why anyone is much better served always taking the work, not the man.

Children's media is too soft these days, lacking any of the harshness of the real world they're meant to prepare kids for.

Who knows? If he's right, he's right. If he's wrong, he's wrong.

letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/