What went wrong?

What went wrong?

nothing

first matrix was shit also

Literally everything.

nothing

they're all great

The Wachowskis really only had plans for one sequel and had to spread it out over two.

The first Matrix was a fluke.
The two sequels actually reflect better the ability of the Watchowskis as filmmakers.

Reloaded was fine.
Revolution was a travesty because the first hour is just the cast dicking around. If the first 15 minutes of a movie are slow it can feel like an hour. It just drags on and on with setup.

What went right?

idk

8/10
6/10
2/10

Who are these women?

>Who are these women?

Are you going to answer the question?

Ero, vis-a-vis, concordantly.

poorly planned budget me thinks. they were more like tech demos then anything else.

>Those fucking 3D models on the Smith fight

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

watch your tongue! those are the watchowski sisters!

left looks like a normal middle aged woman, but, when you see the full body shot that opinion changes.

>Are you going to answer the question?

Lana Wachowski. Do your homework baby.

Say what you want about Matrix tril but it is immensely influential

>Your autism is flaring up. Try to keep it under control so you can answer the question.

They had to actually make sense of the pseudo-philosophical bullshit metaphor-world they created and like most authors, couldn't really do it in any satisfying way.

Wasn't the whole subplot that Neo was computer Jesus or something. If I remember correctly that would be it

You appear to be entering a state of complete autistic breakdown. Please administer your medication immediately.

>You appear to be entering a state of complete autistic breakdown. Please administer your medication immediately.

Too much money, not enough ideas to fill two movies worth with. It was also clear studio wanted a blockbuster trilogy even though Matrix was a perfectly self-contained and excellent for what it was.

Pretty much. We all saw their genius afterwards.

>I'm supposed to believe she work as an immigrant cleaner

Taking their other work into consideration, I'm going to have to agree with this.

i havent seen cloud atlas, is that good

No

Watchable.

It's not bad, actually. But it tries to be a lot more than it is.

Also knowing about the Wachatraps' mental illness you won't be able to take the men in drag seriously.

They took a movie that survived the retarded premise and expanded on it.

I was severely disappointed that the cool action scenes from the first movie, with actual martial arts and shit, just because lazy CGI nightmares that hurt to watch

sexual transition of both directors.

The death of the woman who played the first Oracle.

She died shortly after filming her cameo in Reloaded, so they had to haphazardly throw together a plot that would explain her change in appearance. That brought about all the bullshit regarding Sati, the trainman, etc.

I don't know how much better Revolutions would be without that subplot, but it couldn't be any worse.

Other random reasons:
>you could see Kid and Link's wife saving the day from a fucking mile away
>the machines standing down JUST before beginning their final attack
>the Morpheus-Niobe-Lock love triangle

With the matrix they had 3 years for one movie. Then they had 1 year for three movies

lamo the pizza defense

Matrix 1 was a noir - kung fu - Cyberpunk suspense

Matrix 2/3 were straight up superhero - war - action movies. Non of the elements that made M1 good were brought back.

This scene alone sets the tone that was never to return to the other films.

It's not like they were trying to have that grim dark tone through the entire story.

The success of the Matrix went to their heads and they thought all they needed was more philosophical stuff and action without a good story to tie everything together.

They told the exact same story, but took longer and made it kiddie mode. You don't need the Architect babbling to send the same message that was sent with Neo flying at the end of the Matrix.

That said, some of the best action sequences are in Reloaded, and maybe the best four minutes of the whole trilogy is the preview for Revolutions.

If they wanted to make a good sequel, it had to be different from the Matrix. Not just more the Matrix.

>grim dark tone

Cyberpunk =/= grimdark