How to improve Sup Forums

There are currently 4 active fantano threads on Sup Forums. I see this very often.

Why is it that this sort of blatant spamming is allowed on Sup Forums? Have the jannys and this literal who youtube music """critic""" entered into a mutually beneficial relationship?

My idea for improving Sup Forums: allow Fantano threads for the next month, but the jannies should secretly treat them as a honeypot. After a month, ban all IPs that participated in these threads for a period of a month.

Then let's do the same for all the waifu spam threads please.

>Why is it that this sort of blatant spamming is allowed on Sup Forums?
because the mods ARE the spammers.

This whole board is corrupted.

I honestly believe around 75% of the posts on this board are shill posts.

This is the new version of the major label system.

Remove all posts about hip hop and create a /hiphop/ general. Over 50% of the posts on this board are rap or hip hop, and usually the content of this post is not quality enough to warrant its own thread. If /Kpop/ can manage to fit all it's shitposts in one general, then certainly hip hop can.

Banning for a month seems a little excessive, especially without warning. But I definitely agree. Fantano threads have no need on this board, as they don't encourage people to form their own opinions, but rather to just blindly follow his thoughts. Plus at this point he is making money off of the views Sup Forums gives him, I'd be happy to be to see him fail.

>I honestly believe around 75% of the posts on this board are shill posts.
The more time I spend on Sup Forums the more I feel the exact same way

Anthony acts like a total asshole, that's what turned me off of his reviews in the first place. He used to be fun and cool now he gives off the aurora like "I'm Anthony fantano, bitch"

I hate it.

It's more likely that people who post those threads are all fucking morons who can't be bothered to check the archive/catalog before posting

I kind of liked that thread lock idea from the last one thread about fixing Sup Forums.
Or I can start being a bigger dick about things and we can bring back the elitist tripfagging of old like some people suggest.
What if we had a /critics/ general? That would also take out some of the scarufi posting.

We all know the artists/things that are profesionally shilled on here:

>Fantano
>Grimes
>Kendrick Lamar
>Flaming Lips
>Paramore
>Chance thr Rapper
>St. Vincent
>Green Day

and then there are the artists that they're both shilling and fucking with suchs as:

>Lana del Rey
>Mark Kozelik
>Father John Misty

This is the modern day corporate controlled distribution/media channels major label system.

It's fucking lame and tacky as fuck.

>There are currently 4 active fantano threads on Sup Forums. I see this very often.
Actually there are at least 5

Don't forget Grimes.

Why would anyone pay shills for a board that max. 20k people use out of which most pirate all their music. It doesn't make sense, just because they aren't the meta doesn't mean they're shill threads.

Sup Forums is dead

Jannies hand out 3 day bans like candy and any funposting/board culture is unable to be creatd

Why not?

If you really don't like it so much you're free to make a new website or go somewhere else, I'm being serious.

This is such a stupid response, holy.

I didn't.

The Grimes shilling has reached the point of full in absurdity.

I'm just using common sense, why would some label pay faggots to shill an artist on a sheltered board that not many people use? The only actually shills I have seen on here were the one's that shill their own SoundCloud and maybe poppy.
Also this. Even discussing certain artists can lead to a ban for "spamming/flooding"

Music is important culturally/politically.

Sup Forums very important board.

What is the value of say Thom Yorke pretending global warming is real and a serious concern?

You can't put a price tag on such things.

>thread about feedback for forum
>posting this

please kill yourself, i'm being serious

Not all are pirates, a lot are too incompetent. But shilling here is a reasonable hub, people take the memes from here and spread them on facebook and other places like the normies they are. Shilling is like throwing pollen in the wind, a lot of it will be wasted but some of it will have an effect.

That guy does sound paranoid though.

Nigga, they'll corrupt that one too. Or worse yet buy it out, and then use it's former reputation for propaganda.

ITT: Sup Forumstants think Sup Forums is more relevant and important than it is

Jesus I agree that there's a lot of unnecessary shit and things could be made better but you're really assuming some of these big artists like Kendrick and chance are shilling here? They hardly know this place exists, the only thing they know about Sup Forums is le anonymoos

>Shilling is like throwing pollen in the wind, a lot of it will be wasted but some of it will have an effect.
Exactly. It's like advertising. Might not being taken seriously individually, but collectively has a psychological effect.

The best Sup Forums humor has a Sup Forums tinge to it

This is why Sup Forums and Sup Forums are funniest boards on Sup Forums

Meanwhile, anything like that gets banned on Sup Forums

Sup Forums is easily the least funny of the main boards on Sup Forums. It's "memes" consist of reposting shit from Reddit

As someone who has established a modicum of financial stability in their life. This thread it literally not worth my time.

nigga all of the ((())) interests (aka greater Hollywood) are 100% definitely shilled on here daily.

Don't be fucking daft.

As someone who spends over 12 hours a day on Sup Forums. This thread is everything to me.

>I'm just using common sense, why would some label pay faggots to shill an artist on a sheltered board that not many people use?
Because it's the easiest community to shill on thanks to complete anonymity as well as Sup Forums being full of teenagers who drool over anything that's hyped. Furthermore what's considered cool on Sup Forums then becomes cool on shittit and once it becomes cool on shittit you're golden.

>What is the value of say Thom Yorke pretending global warming is real and a serious concern?
Exactly. It's about influencing youth culture, not selling albums.

>Sup Forums and Sup Forums are funniest boards on Sup Forums

you should be banned for having such shit taste

As far as paid shilling goes, you people arefucking delusional in how important you may think you are, unpaid shilling and spamthreads f.e. xxxtentacion are really big in here though

>posting twice to tell us how much you don't care about this thread

holy autism

no one cares that you got promoted at the grocery store recently

Sup Forums as a website? Yes

Sup Forums as a board? Not really.

Most Artists pretend to care about politics which gives them free publicity which leads to more album sales, however, them getting posted on a Japanese origami board with users who listen to the same sets of album doesn't do anything significant. Besides, how often did you see Sup Forums go to the public? Most memes come from Sup Forums, /r9k/ Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Wow what are you? An internet blogger? Get real.

What are the funniest boards on Sup Forums then? Tell me

>but you're really assuming some of these big artists like Kendrick and chance are shilling here
What if it's not Kendrick, but rather Shitfork? Shitfork has a lot of pull and influence here, and Shitfork is constantly spammed and treated as some sort of authority on music on Sup Forums.

Shitfork gives TPAB BNM and a high score = piss off all the indie white readership = get tons of clicks = get tons of threads created on Sup Forums

This has the effect of shilling Kendrick and Shitfork simultaneously. But it works here because Shitfork is "indie", whereas it wouldn't go over if it were a Heavy.com review.

Then Kendrick releases Damn and it's the same thing over again, helped in part by all the hype around TPAB

I think this board is more your speed

/adv/ and Sup Forums

Also, music has a much cheaper/accessible cost of production than say tv or film.

Which makes it harder to control.

Which means heavier shilling.

>going on Sup Forums for "the keks"

Fuck off straight to child.

This is based on the whole attention economy, where the more clicks a website gets the more money it makes. Thing is, people are getting fed up by people grabbing their attention to bullshit. When I see an advertisement on p4k, or buzzfeed, or a fantano video, I make sure to not buy what they're advertising on purpose, because I do not want to support their content.

>puts "the keks" in quotations, the keks was never in the post you're responding to
>he comes to Sup Forums for deep discussion

LOL

>Most Artists pretend to care about politics which gives them free publicity which leads to more album sales,
the artists we're talking about ( ) aren't fucking businesses.

They don't answer to P&L balance sheets like legit indie bands do.

Fuck off w/ your album sales bullshit.

It's 100% about politics.

I just wish I could filter fantanos face so I don't have to see it anymore on catalog

>>puts "the keks" in quotations, the keks was never in the post you're responding to
>>he comes to Sup Forums for deep discussion

Who are you quoting?

Most genre's should have consistent generals and new threads should be guided back to them. There is no need for more than one thread on a single artist at any time, creators of duplicate threads should be banned and linked to the existing thread.

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

>he wants Sup Forums to be a generals board
>he wants generals to be by fucking genre

GO
TO
FUCKING
REDDIT

Sorry to burst your bubble, but why would some millionaire cunt pretend to care about problems she has never had to deal with? It doesn't make sense. It's not about politics, it's about the financial gain they can get with the free publicity.

It's fairly obvious usually too, they couldn't care less about politics.

Example: Lana del Rey

She lived in a fantasy world her whole career and now that she's 31 and irrelevant she wants to include "serious/socially aware" topics on her new album for no reason whatsoever, it's obvious she wants to cash out on the FUCK KLUMPF train.

And why is it that the more irrelevant a female artist is the more they talk about politics?

you're attempt at disinfo is hilarious.

Musicians who sign certain contracts are little more than puppets.

But you know that. Fuck off.

It's cute when you pretend the mainstream music industry is a business.

>allow Fantano threads for the next month, but the jannies should secretly treat them as a honeypot. After a month, ban all IPs that participated in these threads for a period of a month.
God forbid people talk about a music reviewer on a music board.

They aren't puppets, they just know that pretending to care about politics gives them free publicity, but it kinda stopped working 3 Years ago and now only makes their few left over fans hate them even more, essentially damaging their husk of a career more than boosting it.

They're told what to say nigga.

And they're getting publicity one way or the other.

Their overlords control the press too.

GUYS I DIDNTL LIKE THIS ALBUM THEY USED TO BE SO GREAT N RANDUM N WHACKY DON'T YOU AGREE??? IF YOU DO PLEASE POST 5 MORE THREADS ABOUT IT AND UPVOTE

This

have my upvote fellow redditor! :^)

If you think this is bad, you haven't seen shit until you go to .

You idiots wanting an orderly board. Step outside and feel the sun on your face.

this

Sup Forums is always dead, just like every board, since 2006

>This is the new version of the major label system.

You're delusional

Nigga we want a culture without (((interference)))

He's 100% correct.

They replace the old major label system with this fake-indie, shilled, rigged social media platform bullshit.

at least they dont circlejerk to the 5 same movies
great argument you faggot
fuck off nigger you ruin the board too

>at least they dont circlejerk to the 5 same movies
>Dark Knight Rises
>Star Wars
>Capeshit
>Colbert v Trump
>Blacked
It may not be 5 movies, but this is literally what the board is now.

>great argument you faggot
aka "I'm an autist, fuck off"

What about Rick & Morty? Rarely visiting this board

meant to be for

People actually talk about Rick and Morty on here? God, we're literally Roddit now.

Most of the Rick and Morty threads are shitposting threads making fun of reddit.

Making fun of r.eddit is really just projecting now. We are literally r.eddit, especially Sup Forums.

no wage and underage