Who the fuck did come out with the idea that superheroe movies have to be filled with quips and jokes...

Who the fuck did come out with the idea that superheroe movies have to be filled with quips and jokes? It just ruin the tone of the movie

what tone? its about fucking comic book super heroes

>Only now realizing this movie is terrible

Lol

RDJ is a sarcastic quipster by nature who put his own spin on Iron Man. But since it was successful Marvel decided all its movies should be like that.

80's action movies and marvel comics

I'm glad this movie aged badly. But the damage has been done already

t. DCuck

>implying capeshit doesn't fall under the action/comedy genre

Joss Whedon and Kevin Feige

I personally don't mind humor when it's not overused, but it's a simple fact that audiences hate things that are too weird and much be taken seriously by them. Humor helps put the audience at ease and let's them know "Yeah we know this shit's crazy, but please bear with us".

Like clockwork. Listen autist they are both shit but DC capeshit is Casablanca compared to marvel's

Sandnigger bomb on house when?

Faverau started it with his freeball no script approach with iron man, whedon cemented it into the universe.

Now DC is trying to Xerox it, but with a system of diminishing returns.

If anything they're only being faithful to original characters before they went through phases of being political messengers of the '80s and grimdark of the '90s.

because the capeshit movies with quips are the most successful

you can of course make your capeshit movie without quips but then you won't see any money

Hey guys, DC makes horrible movies but at least they are gritty, amirite???

They already had The First Avenger.

It's almost as if audiences want to have fun when watching superheroes.....

the same as most big budget 'family' targeted action movies for years?

do you get triggered by jokes and funny moments in movies like The Mummy, too?

The millions that bought tickets to quipvengers, that's who.

MEME OFF BRO

Even though Kevin Feige is crooked, I can definitely say that Joss Whendone is the mayor cuck - player to blame here

/dubs
/UNDERRATED COMMENT

You talk to fish.
Youre fast
I need friends

>9/11
>preptutal fear of the unknown
>the Great Recession
>wars of attrition
>high unemployment
>housing crisis

Releasing dark and gritty shit during this time would've been a disaster. Also, did you forget the 90's was filled with grimdark comic book super heroes? We're not going to get that again until the economy is perfect.

You mean being true to the source material instead of trying to make it dark and edgy to please Hot Topic teens?

What's a quip

quickly delivered jokes

>filled with quips and jokes
Jokes and jokes then

Joked jokith jokes joknd jokeses

Sup Forums having become obsessed with "quips" as a negative should take a trip down "classics from my childhood" lane. Do you realize how many "quips" are in, say, Jurassic Park? Or Jaws?

>Scene 2
>(...)Finally, as the team stands on the same alien landscape from earlier, an technological egg-like ship appears, from which comes Ego (Kurt Russell), the human manifestation of the living planet they're in. He introduces himself as Peter's father, to the team's surprise, and talks of how, out of loneliness, he made a human form for himself, so he could visit Earth and where he fell in love with Peter's mother Meredith. When asked by Drax if his human form is anatomically correct, Ego confirms "Yes, Drax. I do have a penis. And it's a pretty good one, too".

This. It worked in iron man because he was the star of the show. It feels forced when any else does it, besides Sammy J.

John Hughes, then more recently Joss Whedon