Holy shit am i deaf?

Sup Forums please help me. i'm scared to death. a friend sent me what seemed to be an imgur link. i was making shitty orchestral music for a shitty TV show, so as usual I have all my levels in my daw turned down, and my audio interface volume at maximum.

so I click the link and it's a fucking jump scare. it's distorted as fuck and physically painful. I assume one of the two small yamaha monitors is broken because the light turned off and won't turn on again.

but that's not the problem. the sound was physically painful. for the first like 3 seconds i was almost paralyzed, then I tried closing the tab but an alert was blocking the browser, then panicking i scrambled to turn down my volume without finding the knob for other like 5 seconds (instead of just clicking on the alert and then closing the page, good job me), and then I finally turned it down.

as soon as I turned it off all I could hear was a very loud high pitched sound. it started off painful but it's getting better.

it's been an hour and I still can't hear anything else. i don't mean that everything is muffled or something: i literally don't hear anything but the high pitched sound.

what the fuck do I do, Sup Forums? i pay the bills with my ears. i'm not fucking rich, i dropped out from high school, i have no degree or qualifications or competence in anything other than music.

it's 2 am and i can't call anyone.

i'm fucking crying and i don't know what to do. is there any hope?

>friend
just a prank bro

You're prob deaf sweetie

call 911?

i'm not in the US, and I live in a shithole far away from everything. the best I can do is go to my general doctor tomorrow morning.

Go see a doctor.
Get information on how to disposse of a body.

idk, call your parents by phone and scream "IM DEAF CAN?T HEAR SHIT GET SOME HELP PLEASE"

Hey guys, I just wrote some cool rap lyrics and generally enjoy hip-hop, am I deaf?

can you hear a large pannel of the regular everyday noises

>yes
you're not deaf
>no
you're deaf

trust me broham, I'm a doctor

This is one of my biggest fears. If I go deaf I'm pretty fucking fucked. I mean all you can do if go to an ear doctor and tell them or write down the problem. Either that or pray it goes away. This kinda happened to me after sitting front row at a few concerts. Needless to say I haven't been to a single show since. Good luck bro.

thanks for the suggestion. i actually already called them and they are coming but it's a 2 hour drive.

In the meantime my "friend" is reassuring me

cmon man don't worry it will pass
what
just sleep for tonight and tomorrow we'll figure it out
are
you
the fuck?
i'm sure it's nothing serious

fucking idiot having your audio set up like that, you had it coming now live with it

get a cottong swab inside ear, if blood/pain you are in trouble. if you dont hear it scrambling you ear's insides just wait.

Cunt.
Tell him he's a cunt and stop talking to him. He's not a real friend, he should be apologizing his fucking ass off.
I seriously think that the people who send screamers are human trash and I hope they get curb stomped.

holy shit thank you. it hurts A LOT but there is no blood. fuck, this is a bit of hope at least

I am sure this is terrible advice don't stick anything in your ears LMFAO go to a doctor

become new Beethoven

How loud was your volume?

with my setup I work with orchestral samples, hit my master at about -40db peak (when I set up my template I didn't realize that every Kontakt instance was set at -24db for some reason, and changing 300 tracks was a pain in the ass, so I just left it that way), and the screamer was probably very loud in terms of rms considering how distorted it was, so probably 40-50db louder than comfortable listening levels

I feel bad for laughing at this so hard. I'm sorry to hear you're now deaf and destitute user.

probably last update for today. If thread is up tomorrow I will let you know how it went at the doctor's.

I started feeling nauseous and threw up. I can't stay in front of my pc anymore. thanks for your support.

The good news is, that monitor breaking is probably not all that big a deal seeing as you've blown out your ears.

this thread makes me sad :(

good luck OP

how did you post this if you're deaf

what an asshole friend

Light up keyboard

I agree with the other user. This guy is a fucking bitch.
Kick him in the scrotum repeatedly and then tell him his infertility will "pass"

Meant to also reply to

if you go to the doctor and end up with any kind of verified ear condition you now have enough proof to get a lawyer involved. I'm only saying this because you said you pay the bills with your ears and to me that sounds like this cunt owes you a lot of money to help you out if you can no longer do your job.

It's called tinnitus, you aren't deaf, the nausea is from anxiety

attack him when you see him. break his nose.

i dont believe you

I assumed this thread was bait, but if it's real, yeah, it's obviously tinnitus. Of course, tinnitus supposedly means that your hearing was damaged. But you wouldn't go completely deaf. Exposure to loud noises is a part of life and one of the reasons why people lose hearing sensitivity as they age. The kind of damage we are talking about is losing sensitivity to extremely high frequencies that nobody over about 40 years old can hear anyway.

SUE THAT BITCH

OP is probably deaf by now

Temporary deafness goes after a few days. If you go to sleep you'll prolly wake up tomorrow and it'll be a bit better. Happened to Keith Moon and John Entwistle once. If it's still as bad tomorrow seek medical attention. Also your mate is a cunt.

OP, of course you should go to an ear doctor. they'll give you an audiometric test on the responses to air pressure on your ear drum and other parts of your ear. those aren't the "can you hear this beep sound" tests from grade school, they're objective, standardized exams. they form the basis for legal claims against employers for work place environmental noise hazards that fuck people up later in life. it could end up being at least a settlement that gives you monthly NEET bucks for your ex-friend ear raping you

t. someone who reviewed hundreds of hearing damage claims for war veterans

why are yall idiots replying to this thread? hes fucking deaf and can't hear you when you're replying

i assume user's friend probably didn't know that he had 6 million dB worth of studio monitor aimed directly at his earballs

>all these people saying sue him

it's op's fault for having his fucking speakers up all the way are you guys retarded or something?

I HOPE YOU'RE OK!!!!!! HANG IN THERE OP EVERYTHING WILL TURN OUT OK

No, it's the friend's fault for being a fucking prick and sending something purposefully meant to shock the human body. Screamers are fucked, and sending them is an autistic, unfriendly thing to do. Of course pessimistic, dick munch nihilists wouldn't understand that as they don't have many friends or social experience.

i wish i could unread this

STOP YELLING OR IM GOING TO SUE YOU

Why, does the truth sting your shallow soul like frostbite upon the tip of a homeless man's unwashed, four-inch cock?

i give this post 3 points for being shocking and wacky but subtract 5 for most likely being written after googling "what is a metaphor"

yeah make sure to not listen to anything loud and tell your friend that hes a cunt. ive had ringing in my ears before for a couple days but its never been permanent yet, thankfully. this type of stuff will happen and it fucking sucks and it shows that people need to take better care of their ears. its good practice to always have a limiter and a lowpass in your setup before shit gets to your ears.

Thank you for the rate, friend. I appreciate sucking the carbonated plastic from granulated tubes.

Except that's a simile you idiot

that's the joke retard

wow, it's a simile but he called it a metaphor instead! hahahahaha

don't get mad at me it's not my fault that you're stupid

a simile is a type of metaphor yo

Best of luck user. Pray 4 those ears

yo user you okay

Sue that piece of shit for every penny he's worth desu. He fucked your livelihood and even if it's not permanent he still has significantly damaged your income for the time being.

And like others said, see a doctor ASAP and have them give you a hearing test and record it, since that will be the basis of a lawsuit.

pretty much this, good luck user

hmmm bump for op to return

OP is probably dead by now