95% of the reason you like any song is the melody

95% of the reason you like any song is the melody

5% comes down to style (themes, lyrics, tone, delivery, etc.)

This board wastes a lot of time on the latter

xD

what a horrible reply

I'd say 100% for the melody tbqhwuf
If a song is garbage melodically-speaking then idgaf, no matter how well it's written or complex or I don't even know what other bullshit

Mac Demarcos new album sucks

Why? There are no good melodies

>hip hop isn't a genre

It's about the groove anyway

I like music without melodies so you are wrong.

Generally true but you said "melody" where you should have just said composition.

Agreed.
You force yourself to because you want to be le quirky and eccentric musical snowflake.

>if I can't enjoy it, no one can
Why does Sup Forums think this way?

>listening to music with melodies

>listening to music

whats the difference

Listening for melody is the plebbest way to lsiten

Are you sure you know what a melody is? I mean, maybe you said what you meant to say--it's certainly true for some people. But I think there are also a lot of people who are more receptive to the beat of a song than the melody, for example. Of course there is also music without melody. See

>listening

>what is rhythm
>what is texture
>what is composition

melody is the worst/most boring aspect of music

This. You can allow yourself to like any kind of music if you remove your biases.

Composition encompasses much more than just melody

>tfw trubopleb who's not really sure what any of these words mean

I just liek when it sound good

I agree desu

Not melody, but basically musicality. Lyrics and politics etc. are so fucking tertiary for me it's not even funny.

>muh beats nigguh
>muh bass
>muh dik mufuggah
>we wuz kangs n shieeet

I listen for those little 1 or 2 second moments that hit whatever give dopamine or seratonin, not sure which is which.

This board is all about having opinions as a form of self-expression while young people try to find an identity. Only a few people around here have enough knowledge to articulate thoughts about music itself so most discussion revolves around other things.