/lbg/ - Letterboxd General

Letterboxd General. Real thread edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/SimplyEric/
letterboxd.com/steakbro/
letterboxd.com/ISniffRice
letterboxd.com/lightwisdom/list/ccc-or-slow-cinema-canon/
letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/
letterboxd.com/Synt/
letterboxd.com/pietheporky/
letterboxd.com/Katzelmacher/
letterboxd.com/katzelmacher/list/movies-you-should-watch-before-watching-other/
karagarga.in/details.php?id=78110
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for redditor54

What's wrong with the other thread?

nothing

remember: no bully

it's made by a shitposting furry

letterboxd.com/SimplyEric/

Brothers

>Smoothhands only watches 1 minute "films" to pad his total number of films watched
>link_gorro (Amphibian200) is a raging SJW, pedophile, and discovered Sup Forums through the Breaking Bad subreddit
>Acid is a tranny chaser and obsessed with Healey
>Healey shills Kanye West and Trump and think he's somehow the leader of a contrarian revolution
>m_obvs is an edgy 13 year old that deleted his profile out of shame
>mollykins is the "female" version of m_obvs that should just delete "her" profile
>Jackieray still hasn't grown out of De Palma like a normal person
>nosaj is a fat Irish pig that wishes he was a nigger
>steakbro is genuinely retarded, avatarfags with shitty blurry screencaps of Miami Vice, and gets triggered if you say Fury Road or BvS was bad
>myrmician is a 30 year old neet Paki
>coryburning stalks girls in these threads and probably a rapist
>Miranna left these threads in fright after being stalked by coryburning
>winstonne is from [s4s] and acts like it, also a furry
>aeltbx is a fat paki and throws a fit whenever someone says mean things to him
>bel committed suicide
>dropout_bear avatarfags with ugly poo in loo bitches
>machill54 is calm, cool, and based as fuck even though /lbg/ jealously memes on him constantly
>pupkin is a schmuck
>tsar attempted suicide and failed that too lmao

bump

letterboxd.com/steakbro/

you are a good poster

post more

lads is bel really dead? ;-;

no

I hope so.

What are some pics essential films with her? I've seen Repulsion, Tristana, Belle de jour, Umbrellas of Cherbourg, Young Girls of Rochefort, and The Last Metro.

letterboxd.com/ISniffRice

how am I supposed to understand your taste if there's only 37 films on there!

Sorry senpai I just started doing this recently
Even I don't know what I like yet

just to confirm your name is intentionally a reference to Seijun Suzuki's film BRANDED TO KILL, yes?

Yes

excellent. have you seen TOKYO DRIFTER?

No, it's on my list though

good. hope you enjoy it when you get around to it - it's one of my favorite movies. Suzuki's use of color is insane.

letterboxd.com/lightwisdom/list/ccc-or-slow-cinema-canon/

There's something oddly comforting about slow cinema. I'm honestly glad I've only seen 13% because then I have so many films to escape to when I'm feeling down. Anybody else have this feel? What's your go-to film or movement?

i'm surprised not to see A BRIGHTER SUMMER DAY on there.

comfiest films for me are mostly mainstream flicks with a melancholy atmosphere - stuff like HER, or INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS.

ABSD is long but it's not slow. Edward Yang doesn't fall into the CC movement in my opinion.

i suppose i shouldn't really attempt to comment on whether he does or not, considering i've only seen 3% of the list. what would you say the defining aspects of CCC are?

Going to continue re re re watching story of film an odyssey

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

The point between narrative and non-narrative cinema. There are dozens of definitions but I find that one to be the least complicated.

slow cinema is a retrospective critical categorization of different films, not a cohesive artistic movement.

how many seasons are there?

that's actually a fairly helpful descriptor - makes it more obvious why something like THE LIMITS OF CONTROL would be included but ABSD would not.

i may end up checking out more on this list. a good number of films and directors featured were already on my radar.

It´s about 15 hours if I remember correctly

letterboxd.com/Synt/

may as well see what's happening in this thread.

Check out Donkey Skin, the Cocteau-throwback film by Jaques Demy, who also directed Young Girls of Rochefort and Umbrellas of Cherbourg. Music's by Michel Legrand as well.

letterboxd.com/pietheporky/

>Check out Donkey Skin, the Cocteau-throwback film by Jaques Demy, who also directed Young Girls of Rochefort and Umbrellas of Cherbourg. Music's by Michel Legrand as well.
Awesome, will check it out. Demy gave me a new appreciation for musicals and you can't go wrong with Legrand.

Interesting.

spongebob squarepants movie

It's pretty weird insofar that it's a genre movie as well as a musical like the others but yeah, by all means give it a watch!

Korn

amirite?

letterboxd.com/Katzelmacher/

Am I a fag?

you don't seem to like genre film very much

>letterboxd.com/katzelmacher/list/movies-you-should-watch-before-watching-other/
>Will keep updating
>Published 22 days ago
>Updated 21 days ago
oh....

no but this thread is

I do things out of impulse when I'm drunk and never pick them up again, that's why my life is garbage

What do you mean?

You're silly but I followed anyway because of your taste.

was taking a look through your diary and noticed you seemed to watch a decent amount of horror/thriller films but never rated any of them very highly

>Hoodwinked
>5 stars

horror does not interest me.

Horror movies are my main recourse when I'm high or really tired because they entertain me a lot. But it's a genre that tends to be pretty mediocre, mainly due to what I just said, they want to scare/disturb and sacrifice a lot of style and substance for it

heck yeah

Any Kenji Mizoguchi experts here? I want to watch all his films and I'm wondering what the earliest surviving/available one is. Someone on KG claims it is Furusato no uta AKA The Song of Home (1925) karagarga.in/details.php?id=78110

Anyone going to disagree with him?

He's right

Not an expert but afaik he's right. Are you gonna do his entire filmography chronologically? Sounds fun

That's my usual M.O.

intentional slow cinema is garbage most of the time

Name at least fifty bad slow films.

I've only seen 16% and I'm a fan of slow cinema...Jesus
Comfiest for me is 60's films that focus on women, something by Godard or Antonioni gets my mood up

That just ain't true

>Comfiest for me is 60's films that focus on women, something by Godard or Antonioni gets my mood up
I agree. Godard is especially easy because his films are shorter than 90 minutes.

was there an updated version? I remember I liked the list on letterboxd but can't find it now

found it

BUMPING THIS THREAD

>bumping with a meme
no user, this thread is for discussion of cinema

It's a letterboxd thread, actually

>Look behind
>see this

what do?

Ask him if he enjoys the work of Artavazd Peleshian as much as smoothhands does.

monteiro fan on Sup Forums!

I deleted roughly 23 TBs of remuxes from my hard drives.

What do I do now

Last.fm for film?

You want to scrobble films? Trakt with Kodi I guess..

what are you trying to imply

That's a big amount. Your ratio on PTP must be incredible.

They were all from rar-bg or rutracker lmao

Still impressive. Hope they were good movies.

Nothing impressive about bordering on mental illness (hoarding).

It's called "collecting" if it has to do with your hobby.

Assault rifles in the back like Rambo

wrong thread

Isn't this Letterboxd general?

what

>link_gorro (Amphibian200) is a raging SJW, pedophile, and discovered Sup Forums through the Breaking Bad subreddit
Man, it's amazing how much butthurt I caused with just like two posts and less than 3 days of a membership.

I'm an newfag from like 2008, so kindly fuck off with your high school alt-right edginess.

I bet you don't even remember when people found out about Wakaliwood

hehe

what are some films you like user?

Thanks m8, I almost never review anything so there's not much reason to.

i mean, you don't need to write a review to talk about a film you watched recently

i know it doesn't go on much in these threads but it's worth at least trying to start a discussion every now and then

Film discussion takes up valuable space which could be used to discuss Jim Healey's shortcomings.
Do you think 5 o'clock looked better on Amaranth or Sally Jane Black???

consider suicide

>Do you think 5 o'clock looked better on Amaranth or Sally Jane Black???

Seriously though, I contribute if discussions start, but actively trying to start them in /lbg/ sounds like a nightmare.

what do you have to lose?

People just need to not be insecure

it's embarrassing that people are actually frightened of being called pleb or embryo. there is basically nobody in the thread who is more 'enlightened' about film, the users saying yikes or whatever are going to be equally as insecure/have not much more to say about film

It's more that attempted discussions here rarely get picked up at all, not fear of being another /lbg/ whipping boy.

Lately it seems so but most of us are tired of this awful shitposting. Maybe we should start having two threads at a time just to keep the shitposting and gossip contained on one. It's honestly working.

By nature of wanting to watch 'obscure' films, it means less and less people have watched it and are able to talk about it

are you mentally disabled in what way has it 'worked' lmao

>>it's embarrassing that people are actually frightened of being called pleb or embryo
Don't you try this sort of historical revisionism you little faggot. Nobody is posting anything because couple faggots start instantly spamming yikes and embryo no matter what is discussed and the select few shitpost and spite every one who likes films

>Nobody is posting anything because couple faggots start instantly spamming yikes and embryo no matter what is discussed

exactly, if people just ignored these posts and carried on with their lives it would be fine (or better)

Suddenly, a guardian of quality control tries to talk tough

In case you were wondering, yikes is forced by link_gorro and embryo is forced by smoothhands. Speak volumes that the two people who never watch film do most of the discussion-killing shitposting. This should substitute the personal attack pasta we see every thread.

compare this thread to the other one. there's far less shitposting here.

>most of us are tired of this awful shitposting
this is exactly what i'm saying. if we at least try to have real discussions, it'll increase the quality of the threads immensely.