Where were you when Simpsons was kill?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YNrn-7zjmYw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>won't be out for over a year when the fad is long ended

BRAVO

Is this shitshow still around? lol

Elementary School, 4th grade.
Simpsons died sometime in the summer of 2000.

Where was I on September 28, 1997? In my room, watching The Simpsons.

Googled that date praying it was the episode I thought it was.

Good on you. That was one of the most reprehensible things I've seen a show do.

it's dead Jim.

i think i was ten or eleven or so
good times

in high school in 2002

why the fuck is EVERYONE talking about pokemon go? i get it, it's getting video gamers to go outside for once

but why is it getting SO much coverage?

Wow...that episode is older then me !

>it's getting video gamers to go outside for once
No it's not. Only normies play it.

pokemon is still huge user and its fan base extend for over 2 decades

Advertising and the fact that 9/10 of the people who play it are normies

Maybe if the outside world was good to them they would go outside more

this

most people who play it barely know anything about pokemon

It's sad really :/

This
A """game""" that requires you to leave your house is the ultimate normie activity

It was so long ago i cant remember

To further add, the real nigga pokemon players are spoofing the fuck out of Go while jerking it to pokegirls on one screen and bitching about smogon on their main screen.

And bitching about how op battle compressor is

Autistic manchildren, stacies, children and faggots play it.

It's a fad, it just has Pokemon attached to the name.

It's probably a corporate/government allied geomapping scheme anyways.

Consider suicide

Simpsons died a long time ago but what do you expect? Simpsons was never shy about mentioning cultural topics and trends

>it's a "we can't come up with any more ideas so we'll make lame jokes about CURRENT TREND" episode

Is normie baby mad when people insult his shit taste?

>Fall 1997
Kindergarden

you mean every south park episode since season three?

But I liked that episode.

It's been dead for years, this is just more dirt on the grave.

woahh this make me think

>implying plot matters

There were a lot of good episodes that weren't flavor of the month pop culture shit later on though
>The Wacky Molestation Adventure
>Scott Tenorman Must Die
>Fun Times With Weapons
>The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers
>Casa Bonita
Somewhere around Isaac Hayes dying was where they abandoned the bulk of 'South Park'- both the 'small town' feel and most of the various secondary characters- and turned it into The Four Kids and Randy's Dad Have Outrageously Bizarre Pop Culture Themed Events Show

If you believe those faggots who think the cut off is S8, then I wasn't even born yet

fucking whippersnappers on my Sup Forums

>won't be out for at least nine months
Just like Boyhood, their shitty episode won't be out even close to when the trend dies. Please just put it out of its misery

yeah im sure shit jokes and kids swearing wouldve totally carried the show this entire time

Peak south park is about seasons 4-9

Me too!

The Principal and the pauper didn't kill the Simpsons. That episode was produced by Oakley-Weinstein, the characterizations, humor, etc. were still intact, "classic" in that episode and not yet outrageous.

Mike Scully killed the Simpsons. Pic related episode made me realize that the show no longer had care put into the jokes. Instead, the world of Springfield began feeling more like a theme park where the characters perform silly antics with frat boy humor.

Also, anyone notice that the colors were more muted in the "classic" episodes, then suddenly became neon-colored and crude around season 9-10? The colors are the dividing line

That is the cutoff though

I'm only 23 and didn't watch the simpsons a whole lot but when they aired every episode I was watching them wondering how I ever missed it. The stories and jokes were actually great but around season 8 I noticed a very clear downfall. Before a lot of episodes were honestly touching and had me laughing out loud, but from seasons 8-12 it just became passable and after that it started to become harder to watch

all dangerously clipping the line as well, practically a few months out of outing themselves as underage.

can't wait to watch the episode in 6 months time so it can remind me what pokemon go was

Yeah. I'm 21, I grew up the Scully and early solo jean Simpsons, and thought they were good. But after watching the FXX marathon and seeing the classics in order, I realized I was mistaken.

Did you forget about Mecha-Streisand?

Or the absolute dump they took on Saddam?

Or Starvin Marvin?

There was always Outrageously Bizzare Pop Culture Themed Events Show.

Season 8 had mostly great episodes but a couple of so-so ones. 9 and 10 were half decent. The next few are occasionally tolerable, but overall forgettable.

The 300th Episode, where Homer and Tony Hawk duel each other in midair, was what made me come to terms with the show being dead and go cold turkey. I've seen bits and pieces of episodes since (off) but I haven't actually watched a single full episode after that.

>Also, anyone notice that the colors were more muted in the "classic" episodes, then suddenly became neon-colored and crude around season 9-10? The colors are the dividing line
Oh my god this ALWAYS irked me. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

I feel bad for you guys
Being normal is pretty cool

> camera equipment
Lol it's a cartoon, you know, hand drawn not real people...

Christ I was watching toonami then

STOP! STOP!

Best Simpsons episode?

the difference with South Park is they can churn out an episode every two-three days so they can actually have an episode about a current event/trend.

Off the top of my head.

4U maybe

cant wait for the maggie transgender episode with lisa explaining shit to the family

guest star jazz jennings who bart and the bullies fsll in love with until the big reveal

You Only Move Twice.

Wasn't that because of the move to digital?

They literally already did a Homer gets addicted to an app episode

There was a transitional period where they changed the color and starting getting cheap with the animation before they went full digital

That's the only flaw in my opinion.

There's noting wrong with responding to a fad, but covering the same thing multiple times kills it.

Even so, what are the odds of Pokemon Go being relevant in 8-12 months?

ANIMATION HAS BEEN SAVED
youtube.com/watch?v=YNrn-7zjmYw

This shit is just tragic. Like watching a loved one in the grips of Alzheimer's. Please just put this show out of its misery.

Eh, it's got everything normies like. I'd figure it has plenty potential to stick around much longer than you may think.

Luckily the fad is already fading out and will be forgotten by mid-August.

Why do The Simpsons even pretend to be relevant, anymore?

No way..you mean they pick up actual events to make episodes ?
wtf i hate simpsons now

Is that the one where Barts divorces himself from his parents?
That one was it for me.

Yeah

Homer at the bat

>Simpsons ended 19 years ago
Hard to believe it's been so long.

Jesus fucking christ

That is sad

That looks like they are literally using Go!Animate stock animations

I was watching it in my room with a friend and we were both horrified.

it tries too hard to be topical

this is why the old seasons are classics 'cause they don't try to be [CURRENT YEAR] with all their jokes

Who is actually getting cucked in this picture? Is it Bart?

This wasn't that long ago. The simpsons was shit long before that.

I realized it was shit at the episode where Marge joins a group of women that all wore pink and wanted to steal an egg from Mr Burns. If it was shit before that, I was too young to realize it. I still remember just being disgusted by what I was watching when I saw that episode.

fucking this

They've been making the same fucking game for 10 years and people keep buying it, Go should last at least a year or 2 longer

mah fucking niggas.

for me it was 1999, when groening took the best simpsons writers with him over to futurama.

So The Simpsons is just a less imaginative South Park now, aping whatever happens in pop culture?

>They've been making the same fucking game for 10 years and people keep buying it

It's been 20 years, man. 1996 was 20 years ago.

I was doing degenerate shit in '98.

O.O

That's a compliment. I've seen better YouTube animations.

If Harry Partridge was given a TV budget he could produce some amazing work.

This is always what people point to for the moment that The Simpsons jumped the shark, and while I agree, I also thought that Flanders being 60 years old in Season 10 was worse.

the fad is already fading and the app didn't even out in my country

Look, the bees are leaving

Guys when this poke shit gonna end?

1 or 2 months

no dude

thats when old people are gonna get into it like soccer moms & farmville

The worst part is that episode is just a blatant rip off of the Family Guy episode with the exact same concept

I used to watch it all the time time with my dad. Never knew why we stopped watching it around 2002ish until maybe two years ago when I wanted an episode of zombie Simpsons ;_;

*watched

>Simpsons mock Family Guy as plagiarizing material from them
>turn around and use a plot FG used

What did they mean by this?

>tfw you'll be dead and new Simpsons episodes will still be airing 60 years from now
There's no stopping them by the time they develop advanced voice splicing technology after the original cast is dead