I've never listened to a single Kanye West track

What makes him so special?
Is he really so great that I should bother with listening to one of his albums?
If so, which one is really his best?

Start with his first. The music should speak for itselft.

College Dropout is a classic album regardless of genre. After that Late Registration and MBDTF are essential Kanye, the other ones are a mixed bag.

no college dropout/mbtf is a bad way to indroduce kwest. Try listening to the whole of Graduation in a marathon and then listening to what songs you like the best.

It never really clicked for me desu but I like All Falls Down. Definitely better than Yeezus though.

>Listen to his worst album first
Retard

Late Registration is objectively his best.

it's his most Rap Purist album so I can understand how some people can't get into it.

Well, that depends. I think that for Kanye, it makes sense to listen cronologically. Maybe as a very 1st introduction to the artist tCD might not be great, but for listening to the discography, chronologically is the way to go.

it's joy music. It will pick you up when you feeling down. very good and artistic as well.

kanye doesn't have an objectively "best" album

If you like "old school" hip hop, listen to Colo Drolo
If you like orchestras in your hip hop, listen to Late Reg
If you like the ringtone era or rap, listen to Grad
If you like the sad, autotune rnb, listen to 808s
If you like prog rock and boom bap, listen to MBTF
If you like old school meets new school, listen to Watch the Throne
If you like death grips, listen to Yeezus
If you have schizophrenia, listen to TLoP

If you like rap with interesting soul-inspired beats and a combination of punchline/social commentary rap go The College Dropout/Late Registration

If you like the kind of music Future, Drake, or Because the Internet era Gambino put out go 808s

If you like industrial music or want something with really hard hitting beats go Yeezus

Once you listen to one you will be hooked and go through the others in whatever order you please.

underrated post desu

Start with Jesus Walks, Gone, Champion, Paranoid, POWER, New Slaves, and 30 Hours.

Just turn your brain off bro xD

>yeezus not being the worst

wew I can't take this argument any seriously but lad, Graduation is his 3rd best album after LR and MBTF but I sujested Graduation because it is the first one i listened to faggot.

listening to his music inspires a spiritual experience and you will find that is life changing. I can say that Kanye's music saved my life several times and I've been considering becoming a God person to understand better his music and find more of these amazing things

My first Kanye if you ask me was The College Dropout which is by all accounts an awesome album.
If you can remember the early 00s well then surely you must have heard the very famous hits like Never Let Me Down, Amazing or Gold Digger. If you are coming from other genres then Late Registration can be a good start. Some songs will strike a chord if you enjoy 70s music like Steve, Curtis and Gaye....

Yeah that's what i think...i sing these praises for him cause he is one of my favorite musicians and kinda goes without saying

>graduation > TCD
kek

this

I thought everyone grew out of the Yeezus hate... Listen to it from beginning to end. It is a fantastic album without a single bad track.

>tfw you hate death grips but love yeezus

>very good and artistic as well

I honestly think Kanye career is similar to the Beatles in some areas.

I think MBDTF was his Sgt Pepp
I think Yeezus was his Magic Mystery
I think TLoP was his White Album
I think whatever he was working on last year (TurboGrafx) is scrapped like Let It Be was originally
I think he picks music back up this year and releases his Abbey Road in November

REEEEEEE

that's because yeezus is actually listenable

I like it

Ok kid

kek those are both me

Go for yeezus and my beautiful dark twisted fantasy, thanks me later.

Yeezus is the best album i ever hear in my life but start with mbdtf.

I love death grips, and yeezus is one of my favorite albums.

WTF? Recomend anything.

no he mostly sucks. There's like 2-3 good songs on his albums from late registration onward, college dropout and TLOP have 0 and should be skipped. Yeezus on a fluke is his best album and every song is good, listen to that first

>If you have schizophrenia, listen to TLoP

Tbh, I thought hip hop was all shit until I listened to mbdtf. The album is really good, even coming from an edgy metal guy.

I'd say listen to mbdtf and the first three ( graduation is an easy listen). If you like electronic, 808s is fun too, but it's a bit controversial.

>If you like prog rock and boom bap, listen to MBTF
wut

He probably means the king crimson sample and its a boom bap-y album for the most past

>objectively

WATSH THA THROWUN

Just listen to MBDTF

>MBDTF
>boom bap

Would you call Runaway a boom bap song?

DON'T LET ME INTO MY ZONE

I actually didn't care for it. Production is great but Kanye West is generally an idiot, And it bleeds through. Also, the album art is a picture of a coal burner. dgaf.

>I've never listened to a Kanye West track

Where the fuck do you live that you don't hear his shit on the radio/at bars/clubs

>he thinks yeezus is the worst
Ok newfag

Obviously not true considering:

a) he has enjoyed mainstream and critical success with almost every album he's released over his career that spans approx. 2 decades

b) you're literally the only person in this thread that believes all his albums "only have a few good songs each"

Yeah I would because of the booming drums and bapping snare

Pretty sure the snare baps desu