Movie thread im stoned need something new to watch. i like sci fi, suspense, action, mystery...

Movie thread im stoned need something new to watch. i like sci fi, suspense, action, mystery. just saw interstellar thought it was the shit.

Enter the Void. Your welcome in advance.

john wick was insanely good

thanks buddy

If you haven't watch The Martian, it's decent. Dude Potatoes Lmao and lots of "thats deep man" tier punch lines. But in general an Ok space movie, if you can tolerate Matt Damon talking to himself for two house.

I watched that recently aswell. Watchable, just a little too corny

hours* not house. only one house.

Wing Commander, Go in expecting a Sci-Fi B-movie from the late 90s and its actually not half bad.

Have you watched the recent mad max movie yet?
It got a bad rep Imo, and when I finally got around to watching it I enjoyed it. The plots a little forced/lame but the action and special effects are pretty good.

Pandorum is decent (if b-movie) suspense/action sci-fi
Sunshine if you haven't seen it
Paranoia 1.0 (not sure of title), is hard to find but was good
For action, Domino, John wick, Ninja Assassins,

Did it get a bad rap? I heard nothing but good things about it. I actually liked the movie, but thought it was over sold to me as one of the best of the year.

also for action, Kingsmen if you haven't already watched it, can't even say why, but I love that movie

Jacob's Ladder.

You're welcome.

I love that, but I think it would have freaked me out if I was stoned the first time I watched it

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night

Pi

Have to have to have to check out Primer. It's on Netflix. Second one by same dude, not so much but good too

The Arrival was good.

eXistenZe

haha is this a joke?

I'd recommend Nocturnal Animals, I'd call it a suspense/thriller. Also, I 2nd the movie another user said, Sunshine. Great science fiction flick.

Inception would be an obvious choice but most people have seen it

Why? I thought it had a good plot, solid character development, and enough of a twist to make the end interesting.

Don't listen, it was solid story telling, the structure is intended to mirror her experience, it was good, some people are just idiots

Primer
Upstream Color
Coherence
Stalker
Enter the Void
FullMetal Alchemist

Meh, decent indie flick but not great.

Seconded

This movie is trippy and fucked up even when when sober

Event Horizon

Not a movie but a definite easy suggestion if you're looking for space/science fiction type stuff. I've watched all the good related movies, so this was awesome to stumble across. Excellent show, would recommend.

>The Expanse

My bad, a bit drunk.

what are the related movies, I just started watching the show and bought the books, but never knew there were movies?

You should watch The Expanse. Sunshine is also really cool but kind of a tame followup to Interstellar, save it for later.
There is this one fun movie, where people awake on a spaceship with absolutely no memory of how they got there, will try to find it for you.

By related movies I meant in the genre of space/science fiction. No movies on the books yet.

>ally cool but kind of a tame followup to Interstellar, save it for later.
>There is this one fun movie, where people awake on
you mean pandorum?

This user speaks truth! Coherence is so creepy, Primer is a classic too.
I would add Cube to that list if you haven't seen it but let's face it everyone's seen it.
yeah that's the one, great popcorn flick and good suspense early one.

I LOVE this film.

One of the only movies to ever actually 'freak me out' afterwards

uh I'm sorry gentlemen, but in no way could language influence our perception of time. a lot of modern science fiction is starting to realize that time can perceived in different ways. their mistake is that they don't realize that while were in the third dimension this is purely for the theoretical field. you cannot suddenly make a three dimension creature see a forth dimension spatial dimension (ei time). its like if the "linguo-physics"(?) of this movie were true, the people that understood the alien language would suddenly be able to see a klein bottle in four dimensions. makes no sense lads

Brazil

Shit movie

Dude what special effects? That movie was 95% practical effects.

Go all out OP. This one always gets me when I'm sparking.

Circle is pretty good for a 1 room kinda movie

basically if you're watching action movies for the plot you're in the wrong genre, action is about explosions, car chases and gunfights and since thats pretty much all mad max consists of I'd say its a damned good action movie.

Event horizon for the win

Ex Machina is the shit too

Check out The Arrival. Not as good as interstellar but it definitely touches on some cool shit that most scifi movies that have aliens never examine.

No one seconded this? John Wick is a great action movie.

Kill list
Enter the void
Berserk, "the egg of the king 1-3
Hunt for the wildapeople
Requim for a dream
The Poughkeepsie tapes
Can't think of anymore right now.

John wick is great

cube.

There is your answer

Arrival.
(You're welcome)

i dont know if this is bait but if so, you got me

if not, it's a science fiction movie you autist, if you want to make a movie of your own where you incorporate all of your science nerd xD bullshit go right ahead, cant wait to see you on the red carpet

second, cinema is not about staying true to life, in fact i'd say most if not all fictional movies are unrealistic, even some non-fiction movies are wildly exaggerated. cinema is about keeping a viewer on the edge of their seat, teaching us something about life or simply being entertaining. this is why i believe live action cinema is a superior art form, as it is innately human and we can identify with the people on screen, regardless of whether it is realistic or not. this is the case with arrival, as while many physical elements of it are unrealistic, it reveals a truth about humanity and seeks to and successfully entertains.

now that i read your post again im positive it's bait, but whatever this is my opinion

The Mechanic (both versions) has better operating
John Wick was fun though

I went to see Event Horizon in the theater, it's the only movie besides Hard Candy that made me throw up

actually wasn't really bait but i suppose i see your point. what was the truth about humanity revealed in the film then in your opinion?

At first I thought so too, but a few views and I fould a coherent viewpoint on human development and human connection.

i thought the biggest thing was about the passing of time and its consequences, and about no matter how much time passes (or in this case, whether its linear or whether you know what's going to happen), time is going to pass and things are going to change and people are going to die, and it's something that all people need to accept

I didn't post the original comment, but the point is about her experience, her suffering in knowing that her child would die and choosing to have it, and that she knowingly allowed herself to birth and grow to love someone, or something, that was inevitably doomed. That we all know we are doomed, we are born only to die, and we choose to go on anyway, to bring new life, and to continue to look for things that we know, inevtiably will end. (or at least, that was one truth that I took from it)

AKIRA.

the hundred... its a tv show.

Pussy

All the star trek movies. Just watch star trek.