Was he even good

was he even good

He was a fine player and would start on pretty much any team.
Jeter haters are Yankee haters, they don't have much to hate on about the man himself or the player.

Obviously his circumstances gave him a boost into the stratosphere though.

He might be the only Yankee I can think of that will get his jersey retired as a Yankee but not make the HoF

was never top tier shortstop but extremely consistent hitter for a very long time and was one of the best postseason players ever.

Yes he was. He was also the only Yankee player nobody disliked

who

great offensive player, good in the postseason, terrible on defense
is retarded, of course he's making the hall of fame with 3k hits and a .310 career batting average, not to mention his rings that he personally contributed to (.308 in the postseason, 200 hits in 158 games)

He da nigga bangin the directv genie, right?

Yes. He was overrated since he played in New York, but he was very good.

This. Not nearly as good as his legend, but still a really good player overall.

>6th in the all time hits list
>not in the hall

Jeter, Torre and Mariano will be the only HoF of the late 90 Yankees.

Also, Roger Maris, Thurman Munson, Mattingly, Posada, Paul O'Neill and Bernie Williams all have their Yankee numbers retired and none of them are or will be in the HoF

Jeter was always a top 5 SS and a solid clutch hitter until his late injuries/he got old

His pristine celebrity status only elevated him and it helped having A-Rod compared to him morally on a daily basis.

> Never won an MVP

Absolutely not

would you say the same about MArk SAnchez

As far as defense goes, he is without question the most overrated player of all time. His defense was average to below average for his entire career, yet stupid people consider him an elite defender. He was great at making routine plays look difficult and idiots loved it.

/thread

Should have fucked off from SS when ARod came to town.

i dont think so

Pettite won't make the hall?

No chance.

If he was a lifelong Brewer, no one would think he's a legend
Prove me wrong

>3k hits
>batting average above .300
yeah, you're wrong you retarded trip

The media would not blow him like they do, you're insane if you think being a Yankee isn't a big part of it

He's a known roider. He was a big part of the Roger Clemens investigation.

>le backpedaling man
only other players who aren't in the hall of fame with 3k hits are cheaters or ichiro
you're just a contrarian retard lol

>Ichiro
Just made my point for me, I don't even hate the Yankees
Calm down Jessica Biel

why are you trying to argue with a trip? He's known for being retarded just so people will reply to him

>in 6 games

Everyone know thinks his defense was garbage. Truthfully it was average .

do you even know what youre talking about?

HE WAS A STAHTING PITCHUH

2 RETARDED > BASEBALL """"""FANS"'''

>It doesn't get in the aiah

He later won two in four games and one in five games to prove Costanza wrong

good hitter, but this meme about him being one of the greatest yankees is a joke, we are a talking about a franchise that had metric assloads of iconic players, some potato looking mute fucker with decent hitting stats sure is fuck can't break bread with the likes of dimaggio or micky

>decent hitting stats

I know Sup Forums likes to be contrarian, but Jeter's career hitting stats are incredible. He's definitely Hall of Fame worthy, even if he isn't god-tier like DiMaggio or Ruth.

oh I agree he is going into the hall for sure, I just take issue with people who think he is one of the all time yankees

he is obviously still a good player deserving of respect, though.

Best SS the Yankees have ever had.

Prove me wrong.

He was above average and got carried by some amazing Yankee teams.

>the bloated overflooded shrine that is the yankees retired numbers

man I'm a Yank fan and I feel like they just give this shit away too easy. What's the lowest unretured number now? 13?

11 I think

The problem is that there are just so many legends, that once they retire one or two they have to start retiring tons of them. IMO, they should do what the top-tier soccer clubs do and not retire any numbers. Let certain numbers kind of have their own legacy.

The problem is retiring the numbers of very good players alongside the legends or doing shit like retiring Reggie's when he only spent 4 years with the Yankees

He was like 10% above average, but he did it for a very long time and for the Yankees (plus gets the one-team-his-entire-career bonus points)
So he gets elevated from his rightful place as the 921nd best player of all time to top 50 by retards

>6th on the all-time hits list
>.310 career batting average
>"10% above average"

t. Mickey Seamus O'Flanagan

It's almost as if playing a guaranteed 110 games in little league stadiums every year makes it easier to get hits or something

What the hell are you talking about?

Do you think that Yankee Stadium has a shorter distance between bases than other stadiums or something? Because it's the same in every ballpark.

He was good but Didi is ELITE

he was an excellent player and a deserved HOFer
but he's not even close to being one of the best of all time, or even the best yankee of all time for that matter

My nigga jeter wuz cluch tho re2pec he game

No. The best SS the Yankees ever had was forced to move over to 3rd as soon as they acquired him because their diva "captain" cared more about his own reputation rather than what was best for the team.

What point? Ichiro will make the hall as soon as he's eligible.

it's more the little league pitchers with a stacked lineup behind you.