Can we have an old horror thread ?
No blurry shit
No shaky cam and jump scares
No "OMG it scary becuz its real u guys >

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9SJP27mR1g
youtube.com/watch?v=p4OaTjdqcoM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

watched Ravenous today, was pretty good tho the comedy kinda threw me off. Nice to see a horror movie dealing with wendingos/native american folklore, that shit always creeped me out

Hated basket case the tone was all over the place and it had terrible pacing.

Baske Case is great but Brain Damage is a far better film, shame it's no on blu ray

>I need recommendations

What are you into, lad? I've watched hundreds of 60's-90's shitty b-horror.

Quads and great movie

This

is Scanners any good?

I'm not really into anything specific, I just decided I should see more horror movies since I'm lacking culture in the domain. I guess nothing after the 2000's and mostly using props instead of CGI is what I'm looking for.
And nothing too famous like Shining or The Thing.

enjoy the ride

One of the very few films I turned off. It's just grating and annoying. Nowhere near as interesting as it looks in the pictures. The actress is convincingly horrible though. That's the best thing I can say about it.

The Tenant was 100x better imo

Is this the movie where Tobias' head explodes?

The Burning
Zombi 2
Cannibal Ferox
Fascination
My Bloody Valentine
Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
Beautiful Girl Hunter
Who Can Kill a Child?
Parasite
Sleepaway Camp

you're a fucking pleb thats a world class performance you just called horrible

yes. it's entry level but nice.
the second one is shit though

The Abomination
The Deadly Spawn
Prophecy
The Brain

That's just the top of my head of a few movies with cool monster effects. If you're really into gore, Olaf Ittenbach is worth checking out.

Recommending The House of Laughing Windows to everyone. It's fucking amazing, very atmospheric, really reminds me of The Wicker Man with that subtle horror, daylight horror I would call it.

Re-read what I said you muppet. I was praising her performance. It wasn't enough to stop the film being annoying to watch though.

>The Burning

Isn't Costanza in that one?

thanks everyone, have a 80's-ish pin-up

Yeah, he's pretty good in it. There's some good scenes of lads being lads.

Who the FUCK is this?

According to google she's Fashion Model
it's a common name in the 80s though

and if you are young enough, it could be your mom

Not gory or particularly funny but I really liked Masque of the Red Death from 1964 and Kwaidan also from 1964. It's more good drama while being gothic themed.

>Masque of the Red Death

My favourite Vincent Price role.

Basket Case freaked me out when I was 9-10 years old. Last time I watched it was 2+ years ago and holy shit was it awful.

Glad I showed up.

Braindead aka Dead Alive (1992)
youtube.com/watch?v=F9SJP27mR1g

The Resurrected is fucking awesome. Still surprise me how just a few know about it.

One of the most underrated movies ever.

>4 billion more a-rabs and hong kongs

Quatermass and the Pit
The Haunting
The Stone Tape
Dead of Night: The Exorcism
Beasts: Baby

There you OP, enjoy.

>dude no jump scares! It doesn't count.
Look fag if it scared you it does.

Your reading comprehension sucks.

I hated it personally, along with The Brood but I love Shivers.

I watched Black Christmas last night, absolutely loved it. I hate Halloween and was surprised to find the film that it stol so much from is a much much better movie.

Re-Animator
From Beyond
Society
City of the Living Dead
The Beyond
The House by the Cemetery

Quintessential living dead kino:

Zombi 2
Dawn of The Dead
Day of The Dead
Night of The Living Dead
City of The Living Dead
The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
Nightmare City
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
Zombie Holocaust
Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror
Re-Animator
Zombi 3
Hell of The Living Dead
Flesh Eater
The Dead Next Door
Tombs of The Blind Dead
The Video Dead
Redneck Zombies
Return of The Living Dead
Night of The Creeps
Dead Alive
Ozone! Attack of The Redneck Mutants
Cemetary Man
Corpse Eaters

Dude Burial Ground is insane, such a bizarre movie. Zombie Holocaust is a good one too. I recommend Tombs of the Blind Dead series to you

Fugg, I see you listed it now, my bad dude.
I do recommend Zombie Lake and Oasis of the Zombies though, especially Oasis

Anyone ever seen the movie Unmasked Part 25? I can't find it anywhere and it has always interested me so I'm saving up to buy a used VHS tape from ebay, which I will then hopefully transfer to digital and allow others to enjoy

Oasis has been on my to-watch list but still never got around to it.

I forgot to add in my post Graveyard Disturbance, which I highly recommend.
>that ending

Nice, haven't heard of that one. I recommend Oasis a lot. Super comfy adventure stuff at first, I love desert and jungle stuff.

here's a good one
youtube.com/watch?v=p4OaTjdqcoM

How can you hate Halloween?

any /serpentandtherainbow/ in?

>tried showing this to friends before
>they can't fucking sit still longer than 30 minutes into it before calling it boring
And that's partly why I don't talk to them much anymore.

This is probably one of the closest Loveftie adaptations. Creepy as fuck too

Sorry man, I've tried and tried to like it. I just cannot see what others possibly admire about it. It constantly destroys its own tension by showing the killer and letting us know pretty much exactly what he's doing. All of the characters, even good old Donald, are fuckall retarded and essentially do nothing to stop the murders. And then the absurd ending, I just can't get into shit like that at all. One user told me that next time I watch it I need to think of it as a western, so I'm going to try one final time here in a few months and hopefully it'll work for me. I really can't recommend Black Christmas enough if you haven't seen it, though, it's relaly a pretty perfect slasher movie

It's like the least boring movie ever made though, it's got a break neck pace, it's hilarious, it's disgusting, and it's fucking cool as shit. I hate people who won't even give something a chance just because it's different from the shit they're used to

Anybody seen this one, this movie just keep getting more intense has it go, I liked it

Anyone her enjoy Lights Out? Characters weren't dumbasses for once, and I liked the entity. Only negative was lazy exposition.

>One user told me that next time I watch it I need to think of it as a western
You should do that when you watch literally any John Carpenter movie

Great movie! Do you know any other ones of the like. I find Native American horror incredibly fascinating and genuinely scary, but I can never find any good movies based around it

Some of the best deaths in a slasher flick right here.

Ok guys, I've been playing a game called Waxwork and I'm in the mood for some creepy mine settings.

What are some horror movies set in mines or underground?

>The Descent
>Alien 2
>My Bloody Valentine

Directed by Dan O'Bannon and starring Chris Sarandon!? I am fucking there. How had I never heard of this...

I really couldn't get into this one. I think I'm in the minority though.

The first 30 mins is very slowly paced though.

I like Roger Corman, but my favorites from him are the surprisingly good It Conquered the World and The Beast with a Million Eyes. Really awesome, subtle films with good writing. Val Lewton's RKO horror in the 40s is impressive and saved the studio. Cat People, I Walked with a Zombie, The Leopard Man, etc. Really great shit.

A movie I was very surprised to enjoy was The Creature Walks Among Us, which I liked much better than the previous 2 films. Oddly enough I like the 80s Blob remake a lot better than the original.

Some other recs

>Torso
>The Incredible Melting Man
>The Howling 1,2,3,5, and 6
>Frogs
>Demons
>The Lair of the White Worm
>The Woman in Black (harry potter version)
>Castle Freak
>Poultrygeist

And two I can't recommend enough: Found and Headless

>Based Dourif

Fuck yeah

Not horror but it is pretty gory: Turbo Kid

Demons is really solid. It makes a great double feature with The Return of the Living Dead.

Nigger, how do you go from praising 40's horror to recommending Poultrygeist?

>The Lair of the White Worm

Bless you for recommending Ken Russell

I like Poultrygeist, not as a horror but it's a pretty high tier modern Troma.

Anybody like House by Steve Miner? I really dig it, been thinking about the sequels

Old movies?

Really guys?

Good you be bigger hipsters?

>Frogs

Fuck, is that the one that ends with frogs, snakes, and all sorts of other swamplife slowly encroaching on an old man in a decaying mansion?

I was switching channels years ago and saw that ending, but forgot what the name of the film was

Why are you against newer horror movies? There's lots of gems out there. Check out The House of the Devil if you're into slow-burning horror.

Always liked the house movies

Yeah, I think it's mainly just frogs at the end but throughout the film nature takes back its territory from a corrupt plantation or something. Been a while, I like it though

Poultrygeist was fun.

I know it is late 90's, but any Evil Ed fans? Love that movies

I saw an eraserhead thread this morning and it got me interested into surreal horror. I'm downloading it atm. Any more films like eraserhead?

House fucked me up as a young lad.

Anyone seen The Shining?

Never seen it, looks interesting though. Thanks for mentioning it

>gory funny horror

So, not really horror, then?

I legitimately haven't.

Tetsuo the Iron Man
The Begotten

>early mann
>tangerine dream ost
>ancient evil hunting nazis
Why is this criminally underrated?

Dat cast too

Damn. I remember my friend first showed me this movie i thought it would be boring as fuck. But i ended up loving it great movie.

>gandalf
>das bootman
>that guy
>satan
>santa
True. It was shot really well too. I guess the effects were pretty shit.

Das bootman was great in horror

I'll check em out. Thanks famiglio

House of Long Shadows

>Vincent Price
>Christopher Lee
>Peter Cushing
>John Carradine

I dare you to find a more GOAT cast.

80s Blob is pretty great
the blob effect with the people inside is upsetting

House is really fun
I used to recommend it to Evil Dead 2 fans

Check out Horror Express, loose remake of the original 50s Thing

Check out:

Demons
From Beyond
Reanimator
Bride of Reanimator
Feast

Have fun user.

Never cared for Evil Dead 2, loved the first one but I don't think the rest of the series is that good. House reminds me of a schlockier Poltergeist, both of which are surprisingly comfy haunted house movies with practical effects and deepr, more sinister implications about the state of America in the 1980s

Isn't that a Bram Stoker story?

I recommend Society for you if you haven't seen it

Yep, based on his book about the Lambton Worm

Thanks I'll check it out.

TELL ME ABOUT CANE

WHY DOES HE WRITE THE HORROR NOVELS?

so...there was nothing he could've done to prevent the book from being published?

Wasn't the book already published by the time he got back to the city?

he was the one who delivered it...somehow..despite burning it in a hotel room on his way back.

oh and uh

creepshow 1 and tales from the darkside the movie

creepshow 2 and 3 were terrible imo