Favorite floyd album and why

the fact that Animals is mostly instrumental brings out the members talents

The amount of power behind each song both lyrically and musically. This album fucking rocks

Confirmed best Pink Floyd album.

1. Animals
2. Wish You Were Here
3. Meddle
4. Obscured By Clouds
5. The Wall
6. Atom Heart Mother
7. Dark Side of the Moon
8. Ummagumma
9. Piper at the Gates of Dawn
10. Saucerful of Secrets
11. More
12. The Final Cut
13. A Momentary Lapse in Reason

I never listened to Division Bell or Endless River

I have listened to 634 albums but never listened to a Pink Floyd one

>the wall over dark side

start with dark side or wish you were here, then you'll be ready for animals

Just coming to agree with OP.

You should listen to the division bell and downgrade the wall

>Dark Side over The Wall

>Animals #1
Good taste.

I think it's a lot of nostalgia from listening to it so much back in high school. I agree that as a whole it's not a GREAT album, but individual songs stand out here more than a lot of their other albums.

If you're interested in the masterpiece that is Animals, start chronologically from Meddle, then work your way to Animals.
trust me you'll appreciate it much more

also imagine Roger Waters and David Gilmour progressively (so to speak) hating each other more and more each album.

>The Wall
>Better than DSOTM and Piper

So this is what being triggered feels like.

Echoes > Dogs

I wish they'd left Seamus off of Meddle. It would literally be a perfect album.

That's true, it's also pretty unique because you can feel how the lack of waters affects their sound, and it contains wearing the inside out, one of the really few songs (in their whole discography) where wright's wonderful sensitivity comes out

p good list though not my exact order. ASFOS being that low is wrong to me though.

Enjoy it my sheep friend.

The Wall is a bloated, meandering, indulgent album that could be fifteen minutes shorter without losing anything. It's Roger using the band as a political soapbox to make some hilariously inelegant statements about war, isolation, psychic trauma, etc. It's barely even adventurous or experimental in any meaningful way, and the second half just fucking draaaaaaaaaags.

>animals released in '77
>op post ends in 77
hmmmm

The Wall was personal to Waters, and he was trying to understand his father's death from his "childhood" perspective. The sum of it's parts are better than the whole, and those parts amount to something better than the albums I ranked below it. Stressed - IMO

Atom Heart Mother Suite > Echoes

'No.'

flying pige

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict >>>> Atom Heart Mother = Echoes