A live-action adaptation of Berserk is the logical next step for HBO if they want to keep riding that sweet sweet dark...

A live-action adaptation of Berserk is the logical next step for HBO if they want to keep riding that sweet sweet dark fantasy wave (though I know it'll never happen)

In broad strokes it's got everything that made GoT successful:

>fleshed-out, human characters with relateable backstories and great chemistry
>le shocking everyone dies twists
>horrific violence
>literary depth (moreso than GoT which hovers around low to mid-tier)

imagine 12 hours of golden age buildup and then ending the first season on the eclipse. it'd be fucking massive

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0OLyrB9_WIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

we fucking need some kind of universal justice for this abomination of a 3D animated shit series we got this summer, fuck me, sign me the fuck up HBO

>jew guy plays gutss

what is honestly wrong with the new anime? thought the first two episodes were great. the CGI is kinda funky but it's new and it's not like you can get enough of animated berserk

also, i forgot

>casca's rape

would be topical and great twitter fuel

Its berserk.
It´ll never ever get a good adaptation

> literary depth

I have to enable TrueMotion (60 fps emulation) on my tv or I get an upset stomach from the jittery animation, I didn't watch Aijin or whatever the fuck it's called because it also had such shit animation, for Berserk, I'll suffer through it because I'd rather watch moving animation than read a shitty fanlated black & white manga. But it's fucking shit, it ruins the immersion. Berserk deserves better.

Take out the rape scene maybe. DESU it's a pretty shitty anime.

fuck you, the anime is fucking amazing, best medieval show by far, nothing comes close, fucking baiter

>literary depth
Are Berserk fans delusional, or simply unexposed to proper writing?

Every other edgy medieval anime comes close.

>hbo monster adaption with del taco is still shelved
we had a perfect johan too

Watch more anime.

This won't get brought to live action because GoT had books so you could seem smart by reading. This you seem like a loser for watching anime

They're 15 year olds from Sup Forumseddit
Why else do you think they always pick trash like HBO for their tasteless shit

lel, willing to bet money I'm more well-read than you, and I think berserk has some good depth to it. fucking skull knight references neoplatonic metaphysics for fuck's sakes. like it's not shakespeare but it's definitely not just blood and guts either

it also turns into naruto after 3 seasons

fuck off to Sup Forums with your homoerotic mess

>lel, willing to bet money I'm more well-read than you

Well seeing how you don't know what a reference is I doubt it.

Who would you cast as Guts?

All anime is pure, unfiltered garbage with blended shit pulp.

There's a difference between having more depth than average MANIME BOOYAH garbage and actually being a product of good writing.

Berserk has an interesting setting, but the writing has become uninspired with no sense of direction, like any other eternally ongoing manga.

that and you seem to think it's deep for having another world. Neoplatonic metaphysics, huh?

What are some of your favorite books, user?

>Chris Hardwick as GATS

Nah. Golden Age is the only good part of the story and the 97 anime already adapted that flawlessly. No need for any more.

>le shocking everyone dies twists

Just that this never happens.

I can't think of a single main character who dies in the entire manga. Not even one.

>if I include philosophical concepts, my writing must be great and deep

They moved from HBO and started looking at other networks.

No. Stop. Berserk is bad.

I've read Plotinus, Schopenhauer, Kierkegaard, Heidegger, Schelling, Cioran, and all the Stoics, among others. I can talk at length about their ideas.

Don't play this game with me ya insecure git

>1 frame per second: the anime

Not even HBO would have the Guts to do a full-on faithful panel to frame adaptation of Berserk.

What are some of your favorite books, user?

Beats out the new skily smooth 30 fps CGI, with 7.1 Dolby CLANG

Fuck off

>I watch anime for the framerate
This isn't Quake 3 Arena, faggot.

Can you imagine the backlash when strong independent Casca gets raped into insanity

The Enneads, Introduction to Magic, World as Will and Representation, Herodotus' Histories, Duino Elegies

your bait is bad and you should feel bad

Its actually Sup Forums and Sup Forums

my love for you
is like a truck

I know what you're saying, but anime on whole the whole is very cheap animation, with as little movement as possible. Wasn't till recently that new, better animation began to be added in BD releases.

Why is Sup Forums always talking about Berserk or Dragonball?

HBO doesn't have the budget. They could probably do the golden age but the rest of berserk is way to fantastical for a tv budget.

>underage berserk fan disregards dissenting opinions as bait
What a surprise.

Watch more anime.

The CGI is very shit, why do they keep using it in anime of all places ?

Because it's cheaper and that entire industry is all about cutting costs

top bait mate.

Good thing Golden Age arc is the only thing worth doing

>I'd rather watch moving animation than read a shitty fanlated black & white manga
>he doesn't prefer manga to anime adaptions
>he doesn't have dark horse scans
PLEB PLEB PLEB

>Wasn't till recently that new, better animation began to be added in BD releases.
What?
The most most famous examples of detailed and fluid animation in anime happened 15-25 years ago.

The only new thing happening is Korean CG garbage taking over the market.

Berserk would be too expensive to adapt for live action tv. The Golden Age has a shit ton of CG characters in it, as does the Black Swordsman arc. It would easily be more expensive than Game of Thrones. Not mention how violent it is, far more violent than GOT is. Even netflix wouldn't be able to afford it.

Because CG is the future. inb4 it's cheaper, it's not. People who say that don't know what they're talking about.

Redline isn't 15-20 years old.

I admit I haven't delved into philosophy as much as you, if you're telling the truth, but is berserk seriously that philosophical? Can you give me anything more than just "neoplatonic metaphysics"?

Do you also think the characters are fleshed-out and human, and the story is remotely literary?

How much fiction do you read?

Is the '97 anime any good or should I just read the manga?

I'm not talking OVAs, go back and watch an anime with average budget from the 1980s/1990s and tell me just how many still images you see in one episode. Not everything is Space Adventure Cobra and Zeta Gundam.

It is when you consider how long it took to make
>10 years
>hand drawn
>unce unce unce

Damn it now I'm going to watch it again when I get home

No it's not, stop spreading this meme. go back to Sup Forums with your lies.

I don't know why anyone wanted to start adopting a manga whose story won't be finished within the next 10+ years.

We're at 5 chapters per year at the moment.

Either the anime or the movies are a good first introduction to the series, but the Manga is the real deal.

Should i watch the 1997 show or the golden age arc?(2012) Never heard of berserk but ill check it out

It has pacing issues and cuts a lot out but it's worth a watch I think
The outtakes are definitely worth watching

read the manga

I bet you watch that hamster shit

Impossible. There is literally noone that can portray Griffith.

Just read the manga, it's really the only manga you need to read if you've never read any before.

read the manga

Read manga. If not, watch the 1997 show.

>film
If you really want to go there, the late 80s and 90s were still the golden age for high-budget anime films with quality animation.

I was talking about regular series.

Both, they each cut different things, like the show goes more into Guts' past while the movie doesnt
The manga obviously has it all and is great but I like the performances in the show

golden age is shorter but newer animation
tv show is longer but older

both are good

>berserk anime plebs
Just read it you fucking plebeians.

Actually the 1997 show cuts out the filler parts of the manga. inb4bagserk has no filler.

I don't read fiction as much anymore. I love Steinbeck, have read some Joyce, DFW, loved the Illiad, fuck with Hemingway, Faulkner, Brodsky, a little Nabakov, and that's all I can remember.

So when the Skull Knight meets Guts he tells him the world of causality they inhabit is just a reflection on the water (the temporal) of the moon (the eternal). In other words, this world is just a paltry reflection of an eternal and immutable idea/archetype, just like in Neoplatonic metaphysics. What makes Berserk really fucking dark is that, as opposed to the Platonic Form of the Good, God is instead the Idea of Evil. So the truth of the entire world is not divine, but demonic.

Now I'm not saying Miura actually intended this, but it was a very cool connection and a nice twist on what I'm studying.

And yeah, the characters are great. You kind of need to bring something of your own life experience to feel what Griffith's feeling when he says he'd rather kill himself than live a life of empty routine. That's some real nigga shit, even if it's coming from an anime character.

Not saying Berserk is high fucking art but it did give me something to chew on besides the beautiful art.

berserk is shit

it will never be finished

it will never be adapted by western media

grow up you manime babies

Excessive stills with a single mouth moving on one of four characters is still common today, with lazy CG crowds and cars sprinkled on top.

Not to mention that this is AFTER they outsourced half their animation to South Korean wageslaves.

Keep your filthy HBO hands out of Berserk.

IMO Gantz would make a way better TV show than Berserk. Berserk as a manga is better drawn and has a better story, but Gantz has so much potential to be fleshed out.

It has violence, sex, suspense, and the writers don't even have to follow the original storyline, they can just take the concept and make their own story

>God is instead the Idea of Evil

That chapter never was canon.

Are you saying it's going to stop again in a few months?

I agree completely, the majority of shows have a shit budget and don't even correct it later on. Animation is a medium that inherently requires a lot of man hours for quality, so a lot of corners are cut. Even more these days.

>5 chapters a year
You act like that's small, just thank fucking god the author isn't doing a side project again.

Yes it was, he only retracted it after saying it gave to much away but never said it was no longer canon

>berserk has some good depth to it
>What makes Berserk really fucking dark
murata is a hack

oh hey what's this

Gantz is babby's first manga, even more so than Berserk.

If you asked a 13 year old to come up with a 'mature' anime, he'd come up with Gantz.

Well shit, Steinbeck's one of my favs too. I'll defend him on /lit/ when most there view him as middlebrow for his time. Joyce, DFW, Hemingway, Homer, Faulkner, Nabakov, all good (not familiar with brodsky).

I'm glad you got something out of it. I go back to your first post and yeah, Berserk isn't Shakespeare, and it's not just blood and guts. For me personally I wouldn't put it on a tier with any of the authors you mentioned, but maybe I need to rewatch it. Also, I've only seen the three movies so maybe just then I've outed myself of not knowing anything about it.

I think with all the anime I try to watch the exposition kills it for me, leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Fucking this
also the japanese live action movies were good

you can't base your experience with berserk from the terrible movies
the manga is 1000000 times better than that shit

DELETE THISSSSSSSSSS

I definitely don't think it touches anything of the authors/works I've mentioned, but for anime it's fucking Malick

To bad the Kishimoto in the movies was flat

No they don't Berserk is a masterpiece
youtube.com/watch?v=0OLyrB9_WIU

it's weeb garbage. it's garbage by default

Why would anyone want to play a garbage character like Guts?

flat chest is best chest

2012 if you are not really into anime, its the best alternative for people used to western films

>2 homosexual white men who lust for each other while also trying to fuck a black woman
>the evil guy is a blonde white man
would fit well with the current narrative of media

What are you, a fag?

I feel like Berserk is too dark to be popular in the West, especially if they ended it after the eclipse. Also, this goes without saying, but many parts of it would be a mess in terms of CGI.