I can't be the only one that thought this movie was absolutely disappointing and not the ending that Wolverine deserves...

I can't be the only one that thought this movie was absolutely disappointing and not the ending that Wolverine deserves...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zVJWyjDepnY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought it was good. It was a bit of a bummer to see him sick for the entire movie but a good ending to his character nonetheless. Plenty of gore

I also didn't like it. Thought it was generic.

It was ok except for the 2 five year old assholes running around the theater the whole time.

People still watch that weaponize propaganda?

Does he ever fuck the loli?

only people that dont like it are Deadpool faggots

Sucked. The Logan Johnny CashTrailer on jewtube was better than the entire movie.

It would go with the left normalizing pedophilia ,

I thought they did an okay job with a completely original story instead of doing Old Man Logan, which they couldn't cause Fox has no rights to like 90% of what is in that miniseries. But overall it wasn't bad, and what I expected to the T, in a good way.

Like him being weak makes sense, even Old Man Logan doesn't heal the same, and they did adamantium poisoning which was interesting. Like it was overtaxing his healing factor, which would mean he was aging, getting more and more sick, healing less, etc.

I like them both.

Also, I ship then. Wolverpool ftw.

The action scenes although rare were great. The real wolverine persona was present there.

The enemy was repetitive, predictable and at some points just annoying. The only element of surprise was his clone...which yet again became repetitive and boring after the first encounter

Charles plays a role where he is implied to be classified as a global catastrophic threat (on the same level as a nuclear weapon) with already unprecedented damage done from some mentioned time before (Westchester) but keeps holding on to this weak helpless character and his past along with all of his accomplishments and extraordinary feats are absolutely forgotten...ends up dying like a bitch with not a single element of catharsis present.

Caliban is random as hell and for some reason which I don't understand abandons his persona in the film and starts speaking normally instead of his classic third person.

Absolutely no backstory to what happened to all the classic mutants and instead they put in 40 minutes of a sequel for Drive...

Ending was weak as fuck with a shit attempt at symbolism

> be super human alpha wolf like predator with bones made of indestructable metal

> die of virus

Valid points, I just read and interview and not explaining why there were no mutants left was intentional.

In the comic Logan kills all the X-men, in this universe it seems Xavier did, and Logan would care only about the one person of family he has left and wouldn't concern himself with others

He doesn't die from the virus really, it is that, and adamantium poisoning. His healing factor being overtaxed is also why he aged so much in a short amount of time. Like look at Caliban he didn't get weeded out by the virus. I think it just prevented mutants from being born

how closely did it match old man logan? because that was a pretty kik ass comic. I don't really like comic books either. I read the occasional "graphic novel" maybe,.

The whole movie was depressing.

Still it's not the heroic ending he deserved

Covered bones fucking kike

The only thing it had in common with the comic was that he was old. Other than that, typical fox movie adaptation shit.

The only fox movie I've liked so far is Deadpool.

All the spider man, X-Men, and fantastic four movies have been shit. Thanks, fox.

Well they just didn't have the rights to like anything in the original. So really it isn't at all like the comic other than he's old, and there is a road trip. But I do think they did a decent job with an original story using him. Also he isn't a pacifist most of the movie like he was in most of the comic

I mean he really isn't a hero in my mind, never has been, started as a Canadian mercenary. Like him and the Punisher have a lot of the same ideals and the Punisher isn't a hero

oh ok, people keep bringing up old man logan.. thought it drew more heavily from it.

I liked that first spiderman movie with toby mcguire. it was fun.

You might be right, I loved Logan (the ending with the kids was a lil gay), but I thought Deadpool was mediocre.

Deadpool was so hit and miss to me. When I saw it in theaters, some guy was laughing so fucking forced at every joke. It made me cringe. Walked out the theater with my gf and the guy turned out to be probably mid 30s with his mom and was MORBIDLY obese with stains on his shirt. He was going on a rant about how meta the movie was and how only smart people will understand the jokes. It was probably the most cringe thing I've seen in my life. I genuinely felt sorry for him. Yeah, it's pathetic if you're that autistic and you're in your 20s, but goddamn this guy looked like he just gave up, on top of that his mom looked like she wanted to blow her brains out.

That shit was more devastating than seeing Logan.

This was not an ending worth of Wolverine... the movie is good, the problem is how they closed Logan's arc and how they didn't explore on a real worthy opponent/villain for this movie.

> I would love to see Wolverine getting covered by liquid adamantium in screening agony with flesh burning and pure rage while killing a deserving enemy with Laura crying and shouts a last scream while a debilitated Logan turns into a lifeless statue for eternity.

Well that's just cause it is the only real comparison the film had. Like I'm sure if they could they would have done the best they could to recreate the comic if they had more licensing rights

So nearly identical to the shit death he got in the comics?

Did that actual happen? I don't read comics much anymore.

Happened a few years back now in the comics. It is why X-23 is now the current Wolverine, Sabretooth is filling his role with the current X-men, and Old Man Logan has universe swapped and is a Mentor to a bunch of people had having his own adventures

If you saw any other wolverine movie you'd know to stop being such a faggot

Wolverine should die in agony. Not with a calm paced loving goodbye. The comics understood the character ... and Wolverine wanted to suffer.

>2017
>expecting movies to not be disappointing

He never wanted to suffer, his entire fucking life is suffering, no reality does he end up happy, him dying in adamantium in the comics after taking away his healing factor was stupid, they even ignored the fact he can't swim during that shit arc. The only good thing it did was having a major character stay dead for years

The only part that bothered me was the death of Charles. Arguably one of the strongest mutants and just like that he gets stabbed? Seems too easy

this is my only problem with this movie... apart from that I think a 7.7 in metacritic is a deserving score with that ending and store pace/arc.

I was hoping there was a plot twist that the reason he didn't heal is because he wanted to suffer, or he only had a small amount of healing left in him and he was saving it, I was expecting the film to be so much better though, Charles death was meaningless and the fact that cyborg mercenaries were just gonna stop when they got to the border. 6/10, good amount of violence but nothing special elsewhere.

His only power is his mind, and he has dementia, so he really didn't have much of anything he could do with a Logan clone standing there

Given that were talking about Wolverine and Charles X, the death scenes were seriously underwhelming. They both deserved more.

sounds like you are a special snowflake with superior cinematic taste.

Honestly, the ending doesn't make sense. An adamantium bullet is the only thing that will kill X-24? The whole time, Logan and Laura are pounding him in every body part including the head with adamantium claws and that doesn't kill him but that one bullet will do the trick? Really?

Trips!

Yeah but that just isn't how his powers work. And the comics have precedence of his healing factor being overtaxed, plus he is like 200-250 years old when he finally looks like an old man in the books, here it has only been 15 more years, in the book it was like 50-60 I believe

I'm not saying it couldn't happen. It just seemed too simple for his death after having him in like 5 movies

They were trying for symbolism, didn't work

You do realize that's a Sup Forums ruse right?

X24 didn't have a full healing ability, they didn't penetrative his skull with the claws I don't think, although true that all that happened to wolverine when striker shit him was he lost his memory.

I haven't seen it, but op is definitely the first person I've seen who has seen it and didn't say that it was the greatest comic book movie ever.

Pounding something with claws doesn't have the same force as a bullet. I get what you're saying, but imagine trying to cut through a steel sheet with a steel knife. Probably not too effective. Now shoot it with a high caliber steel round. Get it?

trips never lies!

Oh it definitely isn't the best comic book film ever. But for one that did an original story, it's up there

its an ok movie for fans ... with serious issues with conclusions in all characters. All deaths and conclusions from this movie are bad ones.

>Except for the Munson family (that was a good ending for that family... well thought and executed).

I get the difference between a shot to the brain and a knife to the brain but X-24 is a younger Logan. If true then the healing factor should be enough to compensate for the damage as Logan has lived through massive damage (as he has before he received the adamantium bonding in the Weapon X program) and he's even survived death via drowning as in the Days of Future Past movie. I believe the only way to really kill Logan was severing the head from the body or as in the comic book taking away his healing factor and then killing him.

It wasn't steel thought, the bullet nor the claws. Its adimatium, the most powerful fictional metal they have. It can cut steel like fucking butter.

i thought it was perfect. it was an angsty, violent commentary on what superhero movies supposedly 'deserve'. it's a big fuck you to fanboy faggots like you cunts AND the mindless drones that cue for hours for the rest of the superhero drivel that's been constantly hurled at us.

the movie was based off the "Old Man Logan" comics

and what was this so called 'perfect superhero movie'?

no it wasn't, jesus you're retarded.

This. Fantastic movie, I don't know why any faggot would want a film adaptation to be exactly like the source material anyway. That's fucking boring and un-imaginative.

there was a nigger snoring next to me when I saw it

so you have low standards with movies ... that is ok no judge.

I went to go see Cloverfield lane at the theaters, and a pack of drunk niggers came in and commented on almost half the shit. At the end he said "that bitch still ain't dead?" and a nigress next to him snickered and said "haaah shayquan!" Can't tell if they ruined the movie or made my night. Shit was funny.

prove it with your incredible intellect and critique then faggot. where's your breakdown or are you just too edgy?

You're not the only one, mate.

I thought the movie was kinda rushed, nothing felt complete. It could use about 30 additional minutes of character and story development. As it is, I felt that there is way too much cheap plot exposition and not nearly enough character bonding, especially between Wolverine and the loli.

On the other hand, I really liked Patrick Stewart's performance and the action scenes were pretty good, making the movie R rated was a great idea.

This is how superhero movies are meant to be made. Not the autistic way all the avenger movies are.

I waited through the credits to see the signature marvel endings . Waiting to see the stones shaking. I wasn't disappointed to see that there was no further ending. This is how superheroes die.

This. It was a taste of reality, being good and suffering to be good and forgotten and ultimately nobody cared because that's what it means to be good, and to be the Wolverine.

I'm with you!

>Disappointing endings for Professor X, Logan and Laura.

Lol my little brother cried so hard at the end of logan. If i would have seen a grown man cry like him i would have laughed.

Exactly.

Being a hero is not about having power. It's about what you do with the power. In the face of suffering, do you roll over and die? Or do you get up and fight.
The only one to kill a hero, is himself.

And that was nicely portrayed by clone or 'the evil twin'. Great symbology.

so many fanboy faggots defending this shitty movie

I have been reading these comics since I was 12 or 13. I m 32 now. So that's almost 20 years.

And here's why your statement doesn't offend me:

You sound like a 12 year old edgy millennial fag with one of those autistic genders that grew up on the movies and not the comics, like the real 'fanboys'.

If you had ever read any of the comics you would know that this movie does justice to his character in many ways than one. This is him in the movie. But you wouldn't know that.

>I m 32 now
You shouldn't admit this shit

ThisKill yourself

Kek. Yeah I know. I'm on here every few weeks and I cannot quite help myself.

Kyle?

Tbh think this is the best supe movie of all time.

Probs thought Seppuku-Squadron was good too, fag.

>When I saw it in theaters, some guy was laughing so fucking forced at every joke. It made me cringe. Walked out the theater with my gf and the guy turned out to be probably mid 30s with his mom and was MORBIDLY obese with stains on his shirt. He was going on a rant about how meta the movie was and how only smart people will understand the jokes. It was probably the most cringe thing I've seen in my life. I genuinely felt sorry for him. Yeah, it's pathetic if you're that autistic and you're in your 20s, but goddamn this guy looked like he just gave up, on top of that his mom looked like she wanted to blow her brains out.

Shit That Never Happened: The Post

Saw this movie today, and this old dude was SNORING through the whole thing.

the movie's entire premise is fucking retarded
>multi-billion$-international-megafucking-corp that took over ALL the knowledge and presumably tech from strider (and some how the head scientist is the son of strider despite the 2 xmen showing strider using his mutant freak son as a weapon that gets killed, that mutant freak in the chair got pussy and had a non mutant kid? anyway) somehow cant chase these kids into canada but they can hire ~50+ mexican and 100+ usa mercenaries to hunt the girl and wolverine all over the fucking country?
>they were about to kill the kids in mexico thats why the cleaning lady wanted to save the kids and helped them escape so why the fuck does the company want to capture them alive WHEN THE CHIEF SCIENTIST/OWNER SAYS "save this ones tissue for later" showing that they can extract dna without being a live sample and despite the fact they already engineered the kids so they can do whatever they want in a new batch
>and then they make weapon x anyway?
>the only mutant kid that dies is the white boy who jumped off the roof of the lab/site in mexico, and the only screen time of the company going after the mutant kid experiments are of mexican looking kids ON THE BORDER by the hands of the white head bad guy and they zoomed in on his cross tattoo bc somehow that makes the guy evil not the fact he works for a comp engineering mutants and genetic shit underground for war

the whole movie was propaganda and by the movies' own rules established had no reason to even exist bc the company would have just murdered everyone on the spot

SHIT SON

ARE YOU REDPILLED????

>a fictional comic book movie has un-realistic scenarios

Nigga it was a super hero movie.

Reminds me of that one comedian who said he was in the movie theater watching Superman (with Brandon Routh), as soon as Supes gets shot in the eye, some dude goes
>PFFFFFFFT, yeah right!

Reminds me of that dudes comment lmao

Yes, but seeing as how you lack basic fundamental reasoning skills let's try this again. Yes, the claws are adimatium, the same thing covering their bones. But every strike is still only hitting with the force of the energy put into the attack. The adimatium is able to cut through the skin, muscle, bone, and at times even the adimatium grafts, but it's still done with limited kenetic energy. The adimatium bullet has the same effects as the claws, but with the added boost of the energy of it being shot, thus inflicting a lot more damage. Understand now?

You aren't i fell asleep

How do you repeatedly misspell "adamantium".

By not really caring about the way fictional metal is spelled

HOLY FUCK this literally proves the band that plays at comet ping pong is into some Satanic shit - listen to the words

Also, do you hear TWO VOICES coming from the mask? Is that something demonic?

SPOOKED AS FUCK HERE!!!!

How can this be real?
youtu.be/zVJWyjDepnY

Because it's not a real fucking word

dude but come on they could have made the story reasonable by establishing shit that wouldnt be contradicted 10 minutes later
>chief scientist: capture them
the plan fails bc wolverines saves everyone

very next scene
>chief scientist: hey 2nd in command kill keep this dead mutants tissue we can use it later for engineering and DONT YOU DARE KILL THOSE KIDS WE WERE GOING TO KILL IN MEXICO RIGHT BEFORE THEY ESCAPED
>oh and hey this might sound weird but when you capture them make sure to do it at the border and not when they are sleeping in the cabin in the middle of the night, and also make sure to specifically go after the mexican looking ones, the black, white, and mixed one can be gotten by the random mercenaries with masks on

but i will admit it was the "best" (actual blood not just people rolling over dead, and characters acting somewhat in respect to their own mortality) xmen type movie but also the most propaganda by far

You cared enough to write a half brained response you call "logical" but can't spell a fictional metal right?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

No propaganda dude, they need things to happen like that to progress the plot. If they acted realistically and everything was that easy the movie would be shit. Stop it.

Exactly fucking this

So you think getting older means giving up something you love? For what exactly? Poontang? My wife loves comics, I get plenty of poontang. Money? I make a hell of a nice living, some of which I spent on comics. What exactly do you think being a 32 year old, a 42 year old, 52 year old, etc entails?

These are the statements of a young idiotic kid (i'm counting immature assholes in this) that doesn't really understanding what growing up and growing old are all about. You expect some grand change? No, buddy. If you're a shitty human being at 15, 20, 25, etc... you'll probably going to stay that way. Enjoy sucking at life.

>Realistic response
>Send in a drone
>They all die
>Movie ends

Where's the fun in that?

14 year old detected

Pretty much, yeah

explain how an international megacorp that was hired by governments to create super soldiers and was successful cant kill the projects they created once they cross the magical border of canada??? but in mexico and usa they show up with platoons in public in the middle of the day and start shooting up the place

also the only mutant kid that died was the white one, and the only ones that were showed to specifically be hunted down were the mexican ones not the mixed or white ones. i already said iit was the best xmen movie which is a very low bar but you are both being silly to say whats mentioned is not provda

if they didnt have the scientist say "keep this dead ones tissue we can use it" then it would of been legit bc that threw everything off and made everything else pointless bc they dont need them alive bc they already created weapon x and we know they want to kill them bc thats why they escaped in the first place

also the canadian border being a safe zone is never explained and makes no sense

Easy

S U P E R

H E R O

M O V I E

P L O T

But it wasn't just mexicans they hunted lol they got a black kid and shot a white kid etc. i cant believe you're that fucking delusional, no there is no grander scale or societal metaphor or propaganda you're a fucking dumb ass.

Are you fucking kidding me LMAO

Are you also one of those people who believe in the illuminati and mandela effect?

Christ.

Someone is redpilled, clearly.

>Guys we all just don't get it.

While in the US and Mexico, they have the authority to act it would seem, and aren't in violation of any laws or treaties. When in Canada, it would probably be a violation of whatever laws they have, and while yes they're a mega corp that doesn't seem to have a moral compass they understand international law, they even said early on that "this thing is illegal in Canada and the US," and we can chalk the US stuff up to their government being more corrupt or lawmakers being bought off or whatnot. So, once they're in Canada they are under the protection of the laws of the nation, and any action taken would be bad for the company if discovered... or some shit, it's just a theory