Is there anyone who is interested in philosophy?

Is there anyone who is interested in philosophy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RLEVtaGLdt8
youtube.com/watch?v=OwGoeWnxzBE
handbuch-manipulation.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Science-And-Sanity-Alfred-Korzybski-web.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=DIB_n6LyX5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=RQ9_TKayu9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sure, why?

Yeah man, Tolstoy all the way.

yes. a few of us chose to be alienated intellectuals instead of slack jawed consumers of all the horeshit handed down from on high. Philosophy is the most important subject there is in my opinion. all the other shit is sidetracking us from expanding our global consciousness

bump for interest

I was searching for some online library to download some books about cults. couldn't find any interesting ones. I also searched the deep web, not so many results. I am doing a research on cults.

philosophy is ultimately useless because it ends up going around in circles. just live and die and then you will understand the universe.

It's interesting how people nowadays, trap themselves in some cubical limited way of thinking, and just follow other people's thoughts. my question is why we don't ask ourselves the very basic questions all over again.

well isn't that cute, but it's wrong

IS anyone?

personally mainly intereseted in daoism
starting my 4. semester of philosophy atm

wrong how?

that was my major before I switched to something that wouldn't cuck me after I graduated

exactly

Please let me know if you guys have some interesting sites in mind about this study.

if you want to understand how to start your own cult and control groups or systems of people i suggest starting with learning the basics of cybernetics first. which is the science of manipulating and controlling systems and populations. . since you dont have a baby factory and to sufficently brainwash someone into true mind control you must start the programming around three years old or less because after that its not as easy to force the child into a split personality through extreme trauma anymore so i assume that you will be recruiting followers that are adults.. I would suggest Alchoholics Anonymous meetins and Narcotics anonymous because there are lots of broken people looking for someone to fill the role you will need to take to be cult leader with much less effort than sober people with their shit together. start there. i used to have a declassified copy of one of the studies from mkultra which outlined the most efficient tecniques of mind control.. ill see if i can get it again.. start there

yea but, it's not

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not after manipulation, neither being a cult leader. I am just a simple ex-monk, who is interested in the way which people think.

well as a monk who i assume meditates you should know more about thoughts and controlling the mind than any book thats limited by language can teach.. if not maybe you retired to early and missed the point

well just speak and make sounds with your mouth, but god has no mouth, so we are all slaves, unfortunately...

The glass is entirely full.

The bottom half is full of water.
The top half is full of air.
Philosophy is full of shit.

God is just an illusion my friend, caused by the fear of mortality.

intelligence and memory is what lasts, and the experience is infinite beyond our understanding, because if you can notice snowflakes are all different, you can understand that my color such as red might be your green, also these understandings are infinite, and God is beyond the understanding of infinite, we are a painting and we can not comprehend what we are painted on, we can not understand the canvas if the painting was removed, the basis, the source, and God is beyond the meaning and understanding of source and infinity, these are human terms

youtube.com/watch?v=RLEVtaGLdt8

Sounds accurate

built for accuracy, the good old days....... .

Partly true, but the God is an illusion. like a pacifier for a baby.

People who are into philosophy say I'd be into it. Though I find reading about raw philosophy to be really dense. Personally I prefer it through the lens of psychology, anyone have books or essays that are good for that?

*Because I said so

Philosophy really isn't about the ism's the many, many, many isms, if you live your life willing to question everything and anything and to change your opinions when something with more substance comes along, your living life as a philosopher.

Philosophy is crazy.

Huh...but they all disagree
you kids crack me up

youtube.com/watch?v=OwGoeWnxzBE

>checkd
you have some recommendations on where/how to start learning about cybernetics?
eg. book titles or blogs or whatevr

Philosophy is whatever. what. ever. what ? is ? it is.

lmao Albert Einstein, whats a greater weapon then the Atomic Bomb ? well.... its coming.

Thanks

maybe, I'll think about it and get back to you.

Hurr.

But make sure you watch the movie Balto.

Sam Harris....
ew.
all of my watt.

"No man is free who is not master of himself." —Epictetus

*fellow-autism-five*

Its right though.
It always circles around to what is real, is this real, maybe, maybe not.

Thats irrelevant.
Perception is reality.

I know it makes you feel clever to ask answrrless questions because you can't be proven wrong, but being irrelevant is worse than being incorrect.

A wrong answer can prove something right, an irrelevant answer can serve no purpose at all.

purpose, what a great irrelevant understanding to the human being, but to god, purpose is only exists in this reality, its beyond that. their are meanings greater then beyond that we speak with our human mouths, but we can't comprehend, that's the meaning of God/Allah whatever...

There probably is.

Philosophy isn't religion you retarded tryhard troll.

but that's how you get girls, and that's all I know =/, but it just is.

yall are having a philosophical conversation, for the record

It's like you're saying, I don't listen to music, just the sounds people make. Yes, authenticity is good, but giving structure and category to it is fine too (imo). And even if you disagree, that is a philosophical position

jews and muslims don't eat pork, because pigs will be tested after humans, they will evole, that's how fucked up we are, that's how fucked we are, fucked are

>thx
if any user is interested, you can get the (huge) pdf right here:
handbuch-manipulation.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Science-And-Sanity-Alfred-Korzybski-web.pdf

You just made the analogy of me saying music is irrelevant equalling me saying i am interested in music.

Read the OP, then read my post and hopefully you'll understand why your response doesn't make sense

LIfe IS NONSENSE. NO-SENSE- GET IT ? THATS PHILOSOPHY THATS aLLAH

no, you seemed to say that living with an authentic relationship with the world is preferable to overanalyzing it philosophically, as philosophy may distract from or complicate reality (I assume).

My point was that this in itself is a philosophical stance. Philosophy (like "music") is a tradition that gives shape to the thought and guidelines people have developed historically. Perhaps you're right that focusing on reality (like "the sounds people make") is a more direct relationship with reality than one that is marked by philosophy, but at the same time part of life is making convictions that are guiding, and philosophy is simply the formal side of that process

ignorance is bliss XD

youtube.com/watch?v=DIB_n6LyX5Y

Pure shitpost or literally any relevance?

pure dirty messed up acid, shrooms, alcohol life chemicals, brain neurons, intelligence philosophy, natural but unnatural but also everything is natural like wtf ?

>*Because I said so
Because there is no evidence.

philosophy is the purest of the humanities because it ends up sounding exactly as smart or retarded as you actually are

I didn't say anything was preferable.
I said one is objectively irrelevant.

You're now trying to argue a point that was never made.

>philosophy is ultimately useless...

Unless that wasn't you...

So you are asserting that if someone says that it sounds stupid, you will take that as evidence that they are stupid?
THAT'S FUCKING BRILLIANT.

>no evidence

The ugly never see it.

No, I was only insulting you

THAT'S FUCKING BRILLIANT.

we are all retarded, until it is excepted, why do we need to be accepted ? well because its just the way things are, Sup Forumstard that's phlilosophy, whatever right ?

Herea the first post i made.
Nowhere does it say philosophy is useless.
Irrelevant yes, but not useless.

Well, I was assuming the first post was yours too. My bad. I would say to the extent it is useful though, it's relevant.

*Tips fedora*

Philosophy is relevant to like everything

420 / 10

what about practical philosophies like those used in workplaces

That's some stoner shit man, literally anything beyond data processing is SJW bullshit actually.

it is, in a sense that its digging deep to understand the nature of life itself.
but actually it isnt.
at least not in todays society, where youre supposed to be a mindless drone, just doing your work, paying your taxes and raising kids that one day will take your irrelevant place in society...

So it's not philosophy that's irrelevant it's introspection in general that's irrelevant.

Definitely

How can introspection be irrelevant? Its an evolved feature of human life. Surely it doesn't exist for nothing. People are pretty complex social creatures, thank god we have higher thought and social structures and sheit

I mean according to

Yes, I am TOTALLY interested in the worst degree without the word "studies" in it.

Or maybe the glass is twice as tall as it needs to be?

If there was a god, he's dead now

And I would argue that if something is irrelevant, what use can it be?

Weed dude

Please explain these philosophies used in the workplace.

lmao

Like wash your hands and shitl

Hello I'm a faggot with nothing better to do, how do I into philosophy
Where's an easy place to start

Babbys first anarchist post.
Everyday you use services provided to you.
That shit wasn't free.

Do you think someone should just build your roads, playgrounds for your kids, traffic signals and signs, take away all your shit and piss, and maintain the pipes you get your water and gas from?

If you don't want to pay for that shit then you're the thief.

Greeks

American education everyone...
Philosophy=/= policy
Nor hygiene which everyone should understand, but a nation that cuts off parts of baby dicks rather than teaching them to clean it paints the perfect picture.

Turks
youtube.com/watch?v=RQ9_TKayu9s

better philosophers, trust me.

Yeah but like there's a philosophy behind the policy
They didn't just make up shit at random

Yeah but like weed dude like weeds like that's not what philosophy is man

isn't it?

Using philosophy to prove philosophy is irrelevant.
Congratulations. You just played yourself.

DJ Khaled ?

Perception is reality. Perception can change or be different from person to person. Reality can change. Reality is different from person to person.