The Sopranos

Why the hell did she just let her rapist walk free? She says that she'll enjoy the satisfaction of knowing she can let Tony kill him for her,but she doesn't end up doing any of that. Even when she and Tony fall out,she doesn't report it to the police or anything. That dude could be out raping other women and it's Melfi's fault.

Just watched that episode today. Thought for sure she'd say something to Tony at the end. Made no sense with his character arc

Because she's a terrible actress.

The arc made sense,but I just didn't understand the rape part.

she wanted to show him and herself that she's stronger than that, she knew that if she let him kill the man than she'd be no better than the mobsters themselves.

if you can't understand a simple episode like this you should probably stick to Breaking Bad, TWD, GoT

Anyone have a webm of Meadow and Hunter singing "No Scrubs"?

> She says that she'll enjoy the satisfaction of knowing she can let Tony kill him for her,but she doesn't end up doing any of that.

That's the point. She feels that she doesn't need to and that by having him killed, she would stoop down to Tony's level.

I still find it questionable that she would let a rapist run free, but since he was let off, there was nothing else she could have done.

These are both correct. I don't see how this is such a mystery.

I guess the most questionable part is why she would let a rapist run free.

But the two options are

> A. Let him run free

> B. Get Tony to whack him

Police weren't an option because he got let off on that technicality. Tough choice to make for Melfi, but she chose the one you would expect her character to do.

Almost like she's some kind of theme device for the show

I remember getting one of my first whyboners during that rape scene. Good times.

>where's muh arc

fuck off Christopher

Why didn't she just file another police report? She knows who the guy was and she actually was raped.

I don't think it would have done much good unless he raped someone again.

>she doesn't report it to the police or anything

Did you even watch that episode?

She reported it, and wanted to press charges.

The cops let the guy go because of a fault in the chain of evidence.

You know who had an ark? Noah

I just wish she could have been raped later on the series. My hatred for that cunt grew each episode

Why?

Hey Fellas... Didja hear what I said?

I said, "You know who had an ark? Noah"

Heh-heh-heh!

She seemed to recover unusually fast from the rape. This is my one complain about an otherwise 10/10 series - Sometimes things get resolved a bit TOO fast

>It's in his blood, this miserable fuckin' existence. My rotten, fuckin' big guy genes have infected my kid's soul. That's my gift to my son.

>I know all this is difficult but I'm very glad we're having this discussion.

>Really, really? 'Cause I gotta be honest, I think it fuckin' sucks.

>What does?

>This. Sup Forums. I HATE this fuckin' shit! Seriously, we're both adults here, right? So after all is said and done, after all the shitpostin' and the memes and all the fuckin' bullshit... Is this all there is?

she's a psychologist who is also seeing another psychologist. if anyone were to recover remarkably fast from psychological trauma, it would be her.

Boom this. I'm amazed at the amount of people who don't understand the TV shows that they watch...

wew lad

There are many other examples in the series though

>Chrissy being almost completely unfazed by what happens to Adriana in late S5
>Spend and entire season building up a string of grudges between NJ/Tony B and Phil Leotardo, rapidly dismissed at the start of S6 in a literal line of dialogue with Johnny Sack (":^) I buried the hatch since you asked")

Not to mention all the subplots that get too hairy and are suddenly resolved by deaths - And I don't even mean whackings. How many characters escape the overall plot via stroke? It's like 4 in in the whole series, which is insane

>completely unfazed

It fucking destroyed him and his relationship with Tony permanently.

>How many characters escape the overall plot via stroke? It's like 4 in in the whole series, which is insane

It's exactly 4, though one is rather minor

>Livia Soprano
>Carmine Lupertazzi
>Ray Curto (The series-long NJ Capo which was a rat)
>Hesh's girlfriend

If you counter other health and suicide-related deaths that bail out major characters it's easily over 10. Gene hanging himself, Gloria Trillo's suicide, Johnny Sack's cancer, Uncle June's dementia, etc. etc.

>It fucking destroyed him and his relationship with Tony permanently.

He seemed to bounce back incredibly fast, and even got a kid. Chrissy was a narcissistic loose-cannon and his problem with Tony was long-standing. He also seemed to never get really convinced Tony didn't cuck him that one night with Adriana