Where the hell did this movie go? I adored this film when it came out and sure it was over the top crazy popular at the time but its barely even mentioned today. Its such a shame to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ofca4uUU0_I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It made a lot of money but nobody cared.

The same with the matrix sequels. Everybody jumped on board and the movies made tons but nobody talks about them other then to say that they sucked.

People finally came to their senses I guess.

I couldn't even make it 30 minutes into the movie before shutting it off.

into the fucking garbage where it belongs.

it was a tech demo (aging badly too) with a preachy watered down narrative we've already seen repeatedly.

no one talks about it because it had nothing really to say beyond "gimme your money".

I wanna fuck that alien

>modern humans are bad
>nature and natives are good

I love that Hobbes has since been proven correct and Rousseau eternally BTFO

It's really not good.

I'm sure there's places on here for that

Care to explain what you mean?

If it's dead in the pop culture water why do people refuse to stop making the same thread?

Theoretically these should be all that's keeping it alive.

it faded away into obscurity like Abatap

Sound track was pretty fuckin good

Hobbes was a philosopher that said humans were inherently selfish where as Rousseau said that native man was pure and corrupted by civilization.

Anthropologists have since proven that pre modern man was significantly more violent. Most human life before agriculture ended in murder through raids, in fighting, sacrifices etc.

Its one of those "all show with no substance" movies. Visually impressive (one of the movies I actually don't regret having spent the extra cash for 3D on) but with a shit cliche story. As says, it was a "Tech Demo"

The first Matrix tho is a sci fi masterpiece

What happened to the director's cut with an extended sex scene?

That's all I cared about it and I don't think it ever happened

It was the first real "3D movie" and it appealed to anti-american sentiment that was rampant in the world at the time.

Like Alice in Wonderland, the sequel will probably fail unless Jim finds a way to really wow us again with the tech.

Why do people pretend to be pretentious retards on websites without upboats

Oh yeah, this is obvious. Only brain dead liberals don't understand this

Even after they learn about colonialism and situations like the Spanish beating the Mexica empire was by allying with the tribes that were subject to violence and sacrifices, or how tribes constantly fought with each other and could not unite to beat the Europeans.

Fuck the natives desu

On the other hand I find it interesting that the movie will be hot again around the time the sequel will happen.

Its main attraction was the 3D graphics. The movie itself and the plot were pretty bland. Its no wonder nobody remembers it.

I wasn't pretending. It's fucking awful and I'm baffled by anyone thinking otherwise.

It's a straight up anti American and anti military film so Americucks are butthurt it was so successful

No shit. Cannot you read,?

Plus Sam Worthnothing is a massive cunt. It's hard to watch him as a lead. Jim fucked up badly casting that pleb.

this. he looked good as an alien, but as a human, i wouldn't even notice him in any other movie before or aftor

It was a tech demo for some pretty advanced 3D-technology for the time, nothing more. It was pretty impressive when it came out and most people were drawn to it for the escapism and visual experience.

Other than that it was basically Dances with Wolves in space. The plot and characters were so uninteresting it was almost ridiculous.

Also: youtube.com/watch?v=Ofca4uUU0_I

nah it never got released. I remember people stating they filmed it as an experiment but yeah must have been deleted.

>that's what butthurt haters actually believe

Cry more, kiddo

Cry more, kiddo

Cry more, kiddo

Cry more, kiddo

Cry more, kiddo

Cry more, kiddo

Nigger I like the movie, but you can't deny it's a straight up Americucks BTFO story.

The only thing Cameron fucked up was removing all the subtext from the film thankfully the extended cut is a lot better, but it would still have been better as the 3 and a half hour epic it was written as.

Cry more, kiddo

>being this fucking new

Kys

I believe what he is trying to say is:
*clears throat*
"Cry more, kiddo"

cultural impact

>kys
Id watch who's calling who a newfag here

>creating a thread without expecting any replies other than "kys"

If you are seriously replying to an abatap memer, then YOU are, unquestionably, the fucking newfag. Don't delude yourself into thinking otherwise.

I'm not him. I hope you only ironically use kys