GORILLAZ

BUSTED AND BLUE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PiNdcBg3xC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

liking stroblite

I dig charger. Only song so far I've replayed after hearing it

Andromeda has to be my fav so far, the "Andromeda, Andromeda" at the end is orgasmic

The first time it drops into the melody is so damn good inbred Andromeda

S H E S . M Y . C O L L A R
H
E
S

M
Y

C
O
L
L
A
R

This is the first Gorillaz album I don't outright skip one song. They're all so good.

dude its lower tier gorillaz go listen to plastic beach and demon days.

How can you skip any song off Demon Days?

After she's my collar the album goes downhill real fast

I bought Demon Days on its release day. I've listened to it plenty. I love both those albums I just skip a song or two whenever it comes up.

>after shes my collar
so track 18 and 19?

I don't care for the last couple of songs on it

I don't know if you're memeing or not but this album is garbage.

Gorillaz debut album, everything was a classic.

Demon Days, 90% of the songs were amazing and 10% were just kinda okay

Plastic beach continued the descent with 4-5 songs being great, and everything else being from okay to straight up bad (like that weird ass lottery song is fucking awful)

Humanz has what.... 1-2 songs worth listening to? And one of them is a remix. Andromeda and Saturnz Barz (Banx n Ranx edition)

This album is just a massive golden coated turd.

I'm liking
Charger, ascension, she's my collar, the Apprentice, saturnz barz
Not liking
Andromeda, sex murder party, we got the power, hallelujah money

I've only listened to feel good inc and this album, so my view of it isnt tainted by expectations.

youtube.com/watch?v=PiNdcBg3xC8

Look at what they used to be vs what they are today. They used to be legit hip hop with amazing instrumentals.... now its all experimental bullshit because Damon Albarn won't make a side project to make all this weird stuff

>hip hop
that track isn't hip hop

What are you on about, just because he's not rapping doesn't mean it's not hip hop

Gorillaz were trip hop. Think Portishead, Massive Attack, Tricky, Cibo Matto.

that's just nit-picking though, trip hop is a subsection of hip hop

anyway, whatever you call it, my point is they used to be a completely different band and while I understand bands evolve, it kind of sucks for the original fans who loved them for what they were, and not for what they are now

just my two cents

except self titled was experimental bullshit. It was just safe experimental bullshit. Gorillaz has always been an outlet for Damon's weird shit. Hes just gotten weirder

Humanz is a pretty natural progression from Plastic Beach in theory (which in and of itself was a natural progression from some of the Demon Days era stuff, most notably DARE) but I think the latter was more tastefully done. Humanz is definitely more balls to the wall but I don't think that's to its benefit personally.

It was safe because the tracks were awesome - they even continued to experiment on Demon Days more than before. They had a unique sound nobody could touch.

Then.... in between Demon Dayz and Plastic Beach something must have happened, but I don't really know what. I'm going to assume he got George Lucas'd where everyone was too afraid to tell him when shit sucked.

At least plastic beach tried to continue the story, whatever story there was. Humanz is just terrible. Seriously.... their music video for Saturnz Barz has a talking slice of pizza.

There's avant garde and then there's just completely giving up and I think Damon just gave up on some level.

Nice opinion who gives a fuck what u say tho haha

The same could be said for you, friend

I've never really followed the Gorillaz story too deeply but if I recall correctly the band got evicted at the end of Do Ya Thing. Makes sense that they're looking for a new place to live, I'd imagine.

Nah, it was safe because he played his hand close to his chest. He clearly had some stuff he wanted to explore musically. Now that he's found his audience he's letting loose.

May be onto something about the George Lucasing. I feel like its more a case of the people wanting to collab with him just going with the flow.

Too many cooks in the kitchen etc.

That being said, while I haven't finished the album, I do really like it.

The 19-2000 video had a giant moose and the Rock the House video had inflatable gorilla titties. Who gives a fuck about talking pizza?

kool klown klan

Pointing out specific songs you like is a surefire way to tell an album sucked.