/daily/ - Prog Metal and Crunkcore Edtion

Get Crunk *djents*

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>templates/listenalong schedules
dailymu-sic.weebly.com/

>discord
discord.gg/8exuEmG

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_work/rubber_cage/
youtube.com/watch?v=PNMOhgNOH9g
studentenfunk-regensburg.de/live/
youtu.be/wje_Uij4aBA
youtube.com/watch?v=sfnQXcGoRsA
youtube.com/watch?v=lh7HtH3cm-M
youtube.com/watch?v=96qBM4LL2ps
youtu.be/SzE3y9sWNqs
youtube.com/watch?v=hYpJdMmCj1l
youtube.com/watch?v=XAYspRKt7oc
youtu.be/wwOipTXvNNo
youtube.com/watch?v=hpjKOXqPgMo
youtube.com/watch?v=OYxc-VzsB_0
youtube.com/watch?v=btZgxyWkcNw
youtube.com/watch?v=WxukDDXP4K0
strawpoll.me/12850561
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Woolite's taste is MMMMMMM

>A Winged Victory for the Sullen - Self titled
>Ambient

Nils Frahm, a wonderful minimalist pianist. Peter Broderick, on violin with a large discography behind him. Dustin O'Halloran, a composer of film and open space. Adam Braynbaum Wiltzie, one half of Stars of the Lid. Amongst many others, impressionist pieces grab like foam from the sea, teetering on the line between ambient and modern classical. There are no overwhelming electronic effects coming into play, or little disturbances to constantly rouse the ear. Each track has its say, and quietly steps out of the way for the next.

I've mentioned before, how the line between background music and attentive listening for a listener is very hard to find in a great ambient album. Another great thing about ambient albums is the listening aspect for its audience. This could be a memory of another person, the crushing defeat of having to turn and go home, or a bunch of sad sounding chords that couldn't possibly make you feel any better.

An obvious criticism for this album is that it's basically film music without a film. And that'd be correct-- but think about the purpose of a film soundtrack. To paint the mood of a scene, to set off a mind signal that "this is what is occuring right now."

Some ambient albums do paint with the cover art, the track titles, an envisioned idea by the artist: I think the strength of this album is it's ability to mean something not so easily expressed by words, and it does that by being beyond a few notes.

7/10

>Apollo Brown - Clouds
>Instrumental Hip Hop, comfy-core

Smooth as butter, and much better than my first real listenthrough of an instrumental hip hop (tomppabeats - Harbor). These tracks have much more substance to them, as well as some exceptional sampling of actual instruments instead of just looped voices.

There's honestly too much ground to cover with all the tracks, yet somehow it manages to end at 50 minutes in length. This is something that you can listen to in one go or in small pieces.

Not one bad moment, but even after 20 tracks of warm beats, it does get a little stale. The replayability is a major plus to counteract that.

8/10

>New Order - Low-Life
>Synthpop, New Wave

Picks up something that Abba set down with their last studio album. The 80's keyboard really cheese it up, but the album still delivers very consistent pop tunes while (sort of) holding up today. Bernard Summer' vocals have a good amount of charm, because he doesn't try to sound perfect. That doesn't always work-- the chorus of Face Up was leaning more towards punk.

Maybe listen to Cut Copy - Zonoscope if you like this album.

7/10

Sorry if I ruin this thread with my wall of text. I already ruined these threads beyond repair though so who cares I guess:

>Freddie Hubbard - Straight Life
I fuck with this so hard. “Red Clay” has to be one of my favorite jazz albums from this era. Unfortunately, it’s unavoidably top heavy, and the first track is no doubt outshines the rest easily. If you could say that album, “Sing Me A Song of Songmy” and this release were related, they would easily be one of the best trilogies in music. The performances are top fucking notch, and this release in particular is amazingly consistent and smooth in quality. It’s one of those pure-feeling fusion albums that are so rare. It’s not overt in it’s of-the-time-ness and not tied to roots or convention. It’s a perfect…fusion…for lack of a better word. Loved this.

>Solid Space - Space Museum
Yeah okay I fucks with it. Skeletal shit that’s basically all you need for a good album. It’s nothing surprising or jarring, it’s just nearly everything I’m looking for. Looking forward to falling in love with this even more in the future, I just hope I can get over the sort of mediocre opener and closer.

>Archie Shepp - The Way Ahead
Yes. YES. I FUCK with it. After giving “Fire Music” a shot (and only enjoying so much of it) I was expecting something much more out there, similar to “Semper Malcom”. What I got instead was a fantastic experience of composed-feeling chaos. I’d really love a jazzlord here to tell me why exactly I’m wrong for liking this, because the only thing I didn’t really care for was sections of the Ellington cover, which I still thought was a great rendition of that piece. Everything else here really surprised me. Sure, for 68 maybe it’s nothing special, but the performances, the energy, the improvisation, and nearly everything else just resonated so hard for me. I’d consider this an unsung jazzsterpiece, but what the fuck do I know?

1/5 (sorry)

>Aldo Ciccolini / Gabriel Tacchino - Trois gymnopédies; etc.
Almost immedietly I liked this version of Satie’s gymnopedies more than the Reinbert de Leeuw version. I just think the slightly faster pace serves that particular piece better. Overall though, I would insist that this version is slightly inferior, but stil worthwhile if you want another great interpretation of Satie songs. Lord knows they’ve been done worse.

>Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise
Individually, there are very few stand-out tracks here (save maybe the s/t track) but all together, this forms something really beautiful. Rarely do I ever call an album a MUST as an album experience, but this one feels specifically engineered for that. Expertly crafted atmospher, maybe with a few bumps in the latter half.

>Gas - Narkopop
If we’re talking about pure highs and individual tracks, I would say this just fall short of Pop. However, this release as a whole I would say calls back to Gas’ older works, and frames them in a context that makes sense to me. If we’re talking purely on atmosphere and fluidity, this is for sure Gas’ best I’ve heard.

>Bauhaus - Mask
SUPER underrated. I know I should probably preface this with “as I guy that takes it in the ass for post-punk I…” but I really don’t see why this is so hated in comparison to “In the Flat Field”. Individually less stand-out songs maybe, but overall really tight. I can’t shake the feeling that this band is about to get a lot worse after this album though. I hope I’m wrong :/

>Glenn Gould – The Goldberg Variations
I would say this one doesn’t 100% flip the 81 version on its head completely like some insist, but it’s clear that this is the superior rendition of the pieces, even if only by a bit due to pacing. Still not entirely sold on these pieces, but they were done in a way that made much more sense to me here.

2/5

>The Thelonious Monk Quartet - Monk's Dream
Someone needs to rec me an album where Monk Just goes off the fucking walls. I know it’s might happen when I dig a little deeper into his discog, but here, I feel like I just got an okay jazz album with an eccentric front-man with insane ideas about melody. Pretty damn good, but you’d probably have to be much more into the Bop side of this genre to get much out of this. I'm waiting to hear an album of his that I love as much as "Brilliant Corners". If you think you have that hmu.

>ROME - Die Æsthetik der Herrschaftsfreiheit
ROME is a very special band to me. They somehow use this genre I can barely stand in a context that feels right to me. And even though I really enjoyed this album Perhaps there is some underlying thread that connects this bastard of an album, but I just don’t feel it. This is especially true when you closing disc is full with a buncha bullshit. Consistently, it’s the longest tracks on here that disappoint. Everything over 5 minutes always feels like a venture, and are guaranteed to be the least enjoyable tracks on any given disc. Lots to love, but little to hold on to.

>The Fall - This Nation's Saving Grace & Hex Enduction Hour
This side of artsy-overblown post-punk ain’t for me, but I can’t help but at least like it a little bit. That’s all I have to say other than “This Nation” was consistently okay while “Hex Enduction” was inconsistently great. I think prefer the latter though.
6 & 7, respectively.

>Tyrone Davis - Turn Back the Hands of Time
A quiet, unassuming soul album that’s at the same time very satisfying and well done. Instrumentally it’s consistently on-point, but I feel a lot of songs extremely similar to these have been done better elsewhere far before Davis. A nice album for what it is, but very little stuck out for me.

3/5

This image is so dated lol. Idc what anyone says old Sup Forums was much worse.

>Today Is the Day - Willpower
Imo, TItD came into their own on the much more raw, chaotic, purposefully-feeling overblown “Sadness Will Prevail”. While this had bits and pieces of that, I 100% did not fuck with the more pretty-feeling, shoegazy tacks like “Simple Touch”. In fact, the last half is a bit of a mess imo, and not the brand of mess that I’ve come to love from these guys. A good album, albeit a bit top-heavy for me.

>James Holden - Balance 005
REALLY torn on this. On one hand, that opening track along with many other bits from the center (particularly the Nathan Fake transitions good GOD) blew my cock and balls off. I am a girl now hello and I am very cute. Gimmie a kiss. One the other half, there’s so much of this that’s just like, really bad early-2000s Eurobeat. Dude should’ve watched more Initial D. Also, disc 2 is a fucking joke. Maybe two total songs in that whole hour stood out to me. If you hear this, just listen to disc one.

>Windy & Carl - Consciousness
Balance has some good moments, but the real masterpiece is what feels like the centerpiece of the whole album, the s/t track. And while I like those two a lot, everything else here just feels slow and overblown a bit. Maybe if you’re someone into pop with a modern-feeling, loop-y ambience you might get into this more, but that’s not me.

>Lil Wayne - Tha Carter II
It’s perfectly clear to me now that Wayne totally deserves much less shit than he gets, but in no way do I think this is a particularly good album. It’s big, bloated, and brash, but only a handful of songs here really do it for me. It’s, thankfully, one of the last hip hop albums from the “skit” era, but there’s no fucking stupid-ass 10-minute outro skit either. Lots of decent or great stuff here, but too flawed to love.

4/5 (we're so close)

>Monoton - Monotonprodukt 07
Naaaah. I liked a lot of this, but it honestly it pretty consistently missed the mark for me. The minimal songwriting just feels dull and repetitive. There’s some cool ideas thrown out here, but rarely anything that sticks or is, ya know, expanded on. I don’t really get how this is “ambient” also. Maybe because there’s pretty much nothing to it? I can see the appeal, but for sure not something I fuck with.

>Kid Koala - Your Mom's Favourite DJ
Like, okay, it’s better than “Some of My Best Friends Are DJs”, but this kind of turntablism just feel like a record-long skit. And not a very funny one either. I mad respect this guy’s work, but his solo stuff is pretty skippable.

>Dean Blunt - Black Metal
Blunt has a super interesting discog with almost nothing of value individually. There’s a couple of okay songs here, sure, but nothing that really excites or captivates me in any way. It feel like ironically-bad music. Which is, really, just bad music.

What next?

this fuckin picture lmao

should choose a New Order album and also do Oppenheimer Analysis

also im gonna look at those three 9 rated albums thanks sir

Now that I think about it 2013 is probably too late to be considered "old Sup Forums" but whatever.

will do.

Solid Space probably isn't for everyone, but the other two are really unsung, consistently good jazz albums I would rec to anybody.

I can't wait for the /daily/ jazzlords to tell me why they aren't ACTUALLY good though.

>I can't wait for the /daily/ jazzlords to tell me why they aren't ACTUALLY good though.
Not enough cowbell is the first thing that comes to mind.

Boomp

>I FUCK
(not true, by the way)

Just wrote my exam on psychiatry and psychopathology. I was nervous as fuck because the class is so information dense, but as soon as the exam papers were in front of my I was so relieved to see that I actually know this stuff. Now I'm just nervous that I was too specific in my answers and omitted contextual information that I won't get an A.

Time to chill the entire weekend until next class on Monday.

its short enough to count as an ep, unless you count bonus instrumental tracks
you want something else anyways or what?

Nigga I'm eatin some mac nuggets

Oh so youre not just sexist huh

im upset you weren't too into willpower, but im real glad you liked space museum.
do the fucking cunts lol

You guys seen that vid "Mario vs. Minecraft on CRACK"? PRETTY epic if I do say so myself ;)

Posting this for my bros online...you guys are gonna like this one

is that you in pic, Hampus?

tourney update
i'd like a 2nd round rec from:
Shamepai
Stick
Yamir
and i'll need a tie-breaking EP from Rodriguez and Jangle - really can't pick a winner there

What did you like / didn't like with The Paper Chase?

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_work/rubber_cage/

what the fuck am I reading

hampus what are your fav ytps?

the music / the fact i recd it :V

you mixed those two up :P

I know literally one "ytp" (I had to Google that), and it's one that my friend made a long time ago. Wow.
Don't even.

youtube.com/watch?v=PNMOhgNOH9g

>tfw still no internet so i cant download any albums

>my reggaeton album wins
Did i just get lucky i got paired with a noise album or is daddy yankee actually god?

My rec is......
Jim o'rourke - fast car (live in japan)
Its on youtube

to elaborate a bit
i was impressed with the variety on the album
they went from "AJJ covering rap metal" to "My Chemical Romance playing Cardiacs"
but i didn't find any of the songs memorable, except for the final one
i'll probably listen to that one song again

That's my OP pic :)

oy djent didnt realize you were still around
whats yo aoty?

hey pal, can i get an ep rec for my tourney? u recd me a full lp

Wow, I don't think I've met anyone who only liked / remembered the last song t b h
What did you think of At The Other End Of The Leash? It's one of my favorites from the album and can be interpreted in some different ways

>about to walk into the office to give my two week notice since I'm moving soon
>get a company-wide email saying we all get a huge bonus
>mfw

Music for this occasion?

woops sorry
i was just looking at the length on rym, didnt realize the instrumentals were bonus tracks. nevermind!

Oh yeah you know John Congleton, the dude who basically IS the paper chase, actually produced Christmas Island by AJJ? So your comparison wasn't too off ;)

hmmm
that one reminded me of Dog Fashion Disco's slower songs a bit
it's an alright song, the sex noises (?) were a bit uncomfortable though

Pavement - Brinx Job

Yeah the track overall is pretty uncomfortable

The person telling the story switches a bit back and forth during the song but basically it's about a girl being sexually / physically abused by her dad, and her boyfriend plotting to kill the dad and cut him up and pieces (which he maybe does in the end?). Some people thinks it the other way around, that the boyfriend is abusive and the dad wants to kill him but that doesn't really fit in honestly

I haven't heard this album. Kind of sounds like a Can song. Cool

Nice, glad you're liking that chart so far! Clouds is some prime instrumental hip-hop, I'm glad you chose that one to dive more into the genre

Man I need to go back to Straight Life, I remember it being good but seeing a 9 makes me want to revisit.

yea stop being such a faggot

Being slow with music lately. Been reading like a mofo though and I want to share a book chart here but don't wanna offend anyone.

>Darkness on the Edge of Town

Overall, this album is a balance of competing forces. Stupid, fun, contemplative, serious. One thing I will grant is that this is at least listenable from front-to-back unlike any of his earlier work. Some of these tracks are just dumb as hell, but you get the feeling for the first time that it's ok because it's fun and moreover, self-aware. "Adam Raised a Cain" really is stupid to the point where you couldn't not write it and put it on your album. This aspect comes to a point on Born in the U.S.A. in my opinion. Mind you, this also generally accepted as big step forward as his first dark, truly serious album as a songwriter with something to say, i.e. his persona. And it's true, I'll grant him that. So, at its worst points it's at least listenable, and a couple of these songs are even great. "Racing in the Street" matches this longing feeling that permeates the album so well. It's truly touching in a way that came across as sappy in his earlier work. And then of course, the closing title track is one of his very best songs and it ties the album together so well--the lyrical themes, musical themes, it's also no surprise it feels like the true full band effort here.

7/10

Khana Udom Silapin na Chiang Mai - Funeral Music of Chiang Mai
It's very loud for one, it's appealing but tends to fall in on itself due to the repetitious percussion

Band of Susans - Love Agenda
It's the gruffer parts of hair metal but given an alternative skew, it's cock rock masquerading as something more refined, there are some good songs, but mostly it's annoying and mundane by virtue of it's homogeneity

The Terminals - Little Things
Everything written above about Band of Susans can be applied to this, but it's blander
at least one can distinguish the singer which is a positive

pick the next thing

kanye west - celebration

Do Floating Coffin. It'll get flack here for being conventional, but it's pretty fun and solid

>struggle to find music i like - taste is all over the place
>find one of the songs i listen to and check what spotify playlists it's in
>happy hipster music
>been enjoying every song in this playlist
why am i a cuck

Does anyone remember when obscure stuff was considered hipster? When did hipster become this ultra-popular poseur Lumineers and Halsey kind of music?

Surefire sign that you are a hipster is that none of your friends know what you're talking about when you namedrop Merzbow in casual conversation

You're still the weird guy if you do that. Really though, look what p4k focuses on or what they sell at urban outfitters. There's no difference in hipster and mainstream culture

>namedrop Merzbow in casual conversation
Uugghh

Yay someone else likes Space Is Only Noise! It is absolutely an experience.

No, that's more of a weirdo thing
?

the show i'm hosting is making a comeback, if any of you would be interested, it starts in 8 min
studentenfunk-regensburg.de/live/

>cumblogs

just post it, i wanna know what you read

I get what you're saying, I hate the fact that there are so many white dude rap fans that go around acting supremely intelligent because they listen to lyrical music about deep subjects like social issues and racism, also the idiots who go around treating everything like a big joke because they were dripfed Mac Demarco (by Pitchfork) in their late teenage years, the ones that go around saying things like "post-ironic" and relate everything to memes

>flash
no thanks

For user. Here's this week. I'll fill it out as I go along.

>Too Big to Fail: The Inside Story of How Wall Street and Washington Fought to Save the Financial System from Crisis -- and Themselves

Really incredible journalistic work and to be able to portray something inherently dry like an Oceans Eleven kind of story is admirable. I'm only marginally interested in the stuff, but it's readable in a Michael Lewis way.

6.5/10

>Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign

Curiosity got the best of me, and this was such a page-turner! Honestly, it's pretty surface-level, but the little insight into what it was like working for these people was fascinating. Curious to see something like this for the Trump campaign (apparently Michael Lewis is working on that, in fact).

6.5/10

>Hillbilly Elegy: A Memory of a Family and Culture in Crisis

This was the poster child for liberals who wanted to understand working class sentimentality post-election, but that's just projection because this is really just some average redneck's memoir. Unnecessary. I'm going to read the other poster child, White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America soon, and I hope that's more serious.

5/10

ROUND 2

>IM FISH: youtu.be/wje_Uij4aBA

Korean sludge metal, with post rock influences. They take full advantage of the instruments from their country in an interesting fashion, without relying on actual screaming. I dig it.

>jimmy jazz: youtube.com/watch?v=sfnQXcGoRsA

hellyeahdude. Grimy, the sound of rattling machinery, with apocalyptic angels singing their verses. Don't know why I haven't already listened to this, since I already liked Lotic - Agitations.

>Comet: youtube.com/watch?v=lh7HtH3cm-M

Did Comet just recc The Comet Is Coming lmao what a shill

That said, there's little to hate about this band. Super funky space rock, with Shabaka Hutchings on the tenor sax not giving any fucks. The small touches of keyboard complete it.

Recommending that anyone that liked Melt Yourself Down's self titled check out this band.

>EthyBoy: youtube.com/watch?v=96qBM4LL2ps

as fuckin goofy as this music video is, it's clear this guy is inspired by Van Morrison the like. Just not my thing, entirely.

>Kanzler: youtu.be/SzE3y9sWNqs

Falls on the generic and lackluster side of house/trance. Little progression, uninteresting samples. Not good, not bad.
________
> DEAD
¯¯¯¯

>Letov: youtube.com/watch?v=hYpJdMmCj1l

Apparently not available in the U.S., but works on this site.

Is this toad that is singing to me actually throat singing? Doesn't work with the rock instrumentation.

>transgod: youtube.com/watch?v=XAYspRKt7oc

oh god an anime intro why do you do this to me

It's not hard to listen to, but it was purposely made like that. It's got the same orchestral section and guitar that 50 other animeme intros have. I had to choose between this and Kanzler's song, but this one was just a bit more mediocre.

6/10 meme, japed me but im not mad just mildly upset

===========

Reccs from IM FISH, EthyBoy, Kanzler, jimmy jazz, and Comet

Wow, I did it. What are the restrictions?

Did you ever finish your song tourney? It was probably a while ago by now, did I miss the ending?

Restrictions are:

It must be a song from a 5.0-4.5 album you've rated

7 minutes maximum

No jazz
Fuck I keep forgetting

Nah, still thinking hard about the picks

>not sold on the Goldberg variations
lol

>No jazz

>no Jazz

It wouldn't be fair ok

you must acquire a taste for free form jazz

Fair? How so?

Because I'll guaranteed like it more

How's this for fair?...

Can - "Vitamin C"

You have to watch this
youtu.be/wwOipTXvNNo

uhh, that was close
youtube.com/watch?v=hpjKOXqPgMo

>why do you do this to me
because that song is fucking LIT duh, probably my favorite thing about the show

That's so stupid lmao

But now I know where to get trumpet original samples

if the your favorite part about a show is its intro the rest of it must be p bad ;)

youtube.com/watch?v=OYxc-VzsB_0

not if the op is this great desu m8 get yo ears cheq'd

>Nicolas Collins - It Was a Dark and Stormy Night
Looks like Stema Tarynt isn't going to be the only album I've given an 11 anymore.

This album is a collection of 3 pieces, each its own part; one of them is broken up into 3 parts, which is the first piece of this album: Broken Light.
This involves a controllable broken cd player; to cause loops and glitches of pre-recorded orchestral performance, while the performers accompany it and it works together so well especially for the tension building of those looping tones. I love the really fast glitches at the start and end of each track.
Tobabo Fonio is made with this really weird electronic-infused trumpet setup, there was a video of it in action included with the download on the website but it was a gigabyte large taking up around 90% of the zip. It's a 1 min video, compress your shit. The song is really gritty and simple modulation in the first half but those tones just resonate so well with me, then he suddenly turns it into a growing glitchy beat and incorporates plenty of sample manipulation.

And then there's the fucking title track holy shit.
I haven't listened to this one again because on my first listen this song instantly became the best experience I've ever had listening to a song. I couldn't breathe properly; my mind was in awe. It took me 30 mins to calm down after I finished it and I don't know when I'll have it in me to listen to it again cause I have to treasure a moment like that. The song is a 27 min long epic, the main focus here is the narrator who reads a story made out of stories from various other books. "It was a dark and stormy night", and so on. The story ends up in a loop where a person asks another person to tell a story each time changing slightly, including the tones and attitudes of how the narrator portrays the characters to ridiculous levels. This was hilarious to me, even so when the few scentence loop suddenly turns into a really long and complex story about forgery... 1/?

hmm i hope you're in the zone for this i guess
youtube.com/watch?v=btZgxyWkcNw

(cries)

hell yeah hampus is cool now

yuh it's great

bcd 2. Waiting incoming 7-

I could maybe talk about this for hours, but "indie" was never so, and was really just the 2000s+ marketable version of "alternative" when that wasn't a cool word to use. From what I've seen, after 10s+ "Hipster" becomes the more marketable version of alternative/indie.

I would say "normies ruin everything" but it was bad to begin with.

hell yeah

I'm really glad this was the first reply

shidd I did it.
>no jazz
TOO BAD ;)
youtube.com/watch?v=WxukDDXP4K0

that is correct.

that reminds me...

HEY

Official top /daily/core poll here:
strawpoll.me/12850561
strawpoll.me/12850561
strawpoll.me/12850561

I've basically included the albums people were iffy about in this. The top five will be put on the top of that chart.

Try not to vote on personal preference, and more so on what represents the current culture of /daily/. That is, what is most liked, discussed, or memed.

And try to vote for at least five albums.

>but, fish, why is album ____ on there?
Just don't vote for it then. I wanted to make the chart semestrical and nice-looking okay. Get offa my dick.

I soon figured out the whole concept of the song and it all started escalating from there. The narrator is speaking really fast at this point and is kinda hard to hear at times but it works so beautifully well with the chaos and jumbling instruments deteriorating and changing with each loop in a variety of different ways. To wait for the story passed on to start again as the music and instruments hold on their decay or loops for longer and longer waits is absolutely chilling. I won't share any more about how it continues but the details stack up with the story and I'd 100% need to see what I can find within them on my next listen. I would comment more on the music but I forgot a bunch of how it sounded and I'm only going to revisit it once I'm ready. The strongest emotional experience I've had from any song.

11-/11

>Ekkehard Ehlers - Plays John Cassavetes
This is good ambient stuff, the 2nd of the 2 tracks revolves more around a chamber approach while still fitting in with the first, more traditional track. Variety is great for releases like this.

7-/11

>Bill Orcutt - How the Thing Sings

Ok, what brings this down immensley is how it's been recorded/mixed. It's abrasive free-improv acoustic guitar with a blues flavour. The problem with it is it's so flat and muddy, where with this type of music the fun of it would to hear it echo against the walls and hear it in clarity while still having the distortion, just takes evry single ounce of fun out of it, that I imagine would of been there in the room that they recorded it in. The songs are kinda samey for most of the time to occasionally have the guy do some werird singing all under the same microphone, or it may slow down a bit.

3+/11

that's the 3 i listened too, what should i listen to next.

>meet someone irl who seems cool
>their twitter is littered with pepe, doge, and tones of dated memes
worst feel.

btw I'll probably keep this open for a couple days so more people have a chance to participate.

Some people like the Cassavetes album less when they learn that the sample is a loop from a Beatles song, which is super shitty (and poseur). Interested to hear Swirlies and Baby Huey opinions.

If someone makes a convincing case for another album needing to be on there I'll add it in a 2nd poll, I just got no other recommendations.

Will be sure to listen to those albums next then.
I haven't even heard any Beatles albums but I wouldn't even care if I hated that song since anything can be transformative for the better.

exactly. Shit makes no sense to me.

>no LRD
>no negativland
>no Jimbo
>no Musical Abortions
>no Suicide
>no Even Oxen
>no Haino
>no Fishmans
>no Letov

what the fuck are you doing fish

Russian Field Experiments deserves to be there I feel, if not just because it's fun to meme Letov

maybe if ud actually FOLLOW the CURRENT AFFAIRS you'd have any IDEA what is HABENIN

They're all on there you fucking dingotard.
This is to decide which albums are to replace those that got booted off.

see look at me memeing letov right now

>actually reading the thread
who actually does this

hmm
"Vote Letov" sure is a palindrome

Embarrassing

>no nose
>mfw

underworld is one of my favorite books. seriously fucking brilliant