How's living in a CAMPER/RV?

Is it viable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCAj7O3LCDbkIR54hAn6Zz7A
amazon.com/Mr-Heater-F232000-Indoor-Safe-Portable/dp/B002G51BZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump, im interested to see responses

would like to see too

It seems to be a viable option for a lot of people. It depends what you want out of life.
Need details of your situation

Do it on a budget

Yes. Lots of people do it.

Don't get a class A, get a b or c. Consider a van, and stealth camping, never pay rent.

Cheaprvliving.dom

youtube.com/channel/UCAj7O3LCDbkIR54hAn6Zz7A

I have done a lot of research on the subject the last few years

Trailer trash here. What would you like to know?

Lived in one for 4 months after I had sold one home and was waiting for completion of my new one. Family of 4. It worked. The fact that it was summer helped.

totally viable. I did it for over a year

Jesus fucking christ.

Poor kid.

What's wrong user? From what I see he's being treated ok

i thought the same thing. now he's incredibly smart

hes only 14 months and has been standing since he was 2 months

I believe in the Nevada desert in some areas you can legally camp as long as you want, for free, provided you do not harm the environment.

The main problems will be Internet and showers. If you can find a solution to both of these, then it's not too bad.

totally viable, I just read about someone who did it for a year

how does all the battery stuff work? Do you have enough energy?
Does it feel small? Oppressive?
What about internet connection?
Do you feel safe in it?
props to you!

That's cuz there's no room to sit

thank you :) hes a happy kid, i love my son!!

Its quite useful if you want to make meth

how that was? why did you do it? what are you doing now?

Not quite. you are talking about dispersed camping on public land, usually BLM. Most of the time there is a 14 day limit, then you have to move along.

If you want 365 days free camping, try slab city. Too bad it's kinda like the worst trailer park in the world.

looks comfy to me

got any nudes?

that's the Sup Forums we love

please answer these questions

thanks man
>wife and I moved into 27 ft trailer when son was 3 months.
>saves us FUCK LOADS of money
>buy new or almost new, used breaks down easy
>this feels small because 100 lbs dog, cat, small child, wife, me
>recommend slide outs/5th wheel
>you learn to choose your moves wisely, to avoid shelves/doors/people
>safe in the area we live in

before, we lived in a VERY unsafe neighborhood, but thankfully i got a job at a reliable Parcel service company, so we moved closer to my job. 5 min drive
>we dont have internet where we live but most places have it included in the price
>electric is around 50-80 depending on use

of me?

i knew a chick who did it. she pretty much just drove around the country with her common law husband selling drugs and her ass.

eventually, she started making crafts and opened an etsy account. it did pretty well from what i remember.

i haven't heard from her in a few years though.

plumber van great for stealth camping in the city

Looks a happy little man user

I work at a campground in North Carolina. There are quite a few people who live here in their campers, Class A's, 5th Wheels, etc. year round. It's extremely viable, and honestly, some of them are quite impressive. If you're wondering about costs of living, at my park a total year of water, electric, sewer, and the site your RV/Camper is parked on will run you around 4k/year, and we're a pretty fancy membership only kind of place.

he is

I needed some time away from it all s I bought something like pic related for basically no money and got permission to put it in a relatives property. it was in the middle of nowhere and I could hook it up to his electricity if I paid for what I used. It got cold in winter (scandinavia) but nothing a good sleeping bag and an electric heater couldnt handle. It was nice being away for a while. Had a laptop only and lived mostly from welfare and dumpster diving that year. Not too bad.

Got a normal apartment now

Oh, worth mentioning that did not include the price of the camper itself, whether you're renting it or making payments on it. And like some guy said before, I did a yearly rate, but to break things down a little more, the electric for people who live in their campers/RVs tends to run anywhere from 40-90, depending mostly on the weather and temperature. We charge an annual lot rent (depending on what site you're on) of around 2,222 USD/year, which can be made in payments of around 525 per month.

Cops will be cops (assholes) and roust you at every turn IMHO. Keep it stealthy.

You have a primary battery for motor ignition, then install one or three deep-cycle RV type batteries and a fuse block. Use an ice chest, refrigeration sucks too much power.

Yes, it is, lived in a RV for about 9 months or so, everything all good, finally got a home.

Everything is close to you.
Wanted to sleep and not get a ticket, drive to a empty space, sleep wake up, drive.
Always have gas money,
Then food, then water.
I'd drive to some gas stations and stayed the night, no one said anything to me.

Main point, avoid getting a ticket, always have money for gas, food and water, and you are pretty much secure to live in an RV for as long as you wish.

It's cold, but other than that not bad. My buddy did it for a while, almost a year.

Well, that's different from what I thought. Didn't you have a gf or friends to hang out with?
Didn't you feel alone? Was it a good experience?
I mean, that looks autistic asf kek

How much did that thing cost?

Not OP, but I was wondering about gardening and whatnot at places like that. You know, the rules about what you can and can't do with the land around your camper. Can you even make a vegetable garden/grow fruit trees? Raise bees and whatnot? How large are the plots? I live in a townhouse now and that gives me a decent backyard, but before that I lived in an apartment that didn't even have a patio. Just a front door that led to a hallway. It was pitiful.

Anyone happen to know if you need a special license to drive a van/bus of approximately this size in the states?

Why did you live in one?

Been living in one for 4 years, 45 foot, class A. It's great.

There is a tiny, tiny bit of space attached with campsites, some more than others (more space = more money, annually) that you can use, but not enough soil to grow anything. The extra bit it mostly used for a storage shed, grill, maybe extra parking, shit like that. Strict rules on what you can put there. Everything has to be approved by the park's manager.

class A must be fucking expensive user

Consider a 12v compressor fridge. They are very power efficient.

it was better than being shutin basement dweller

only had to pay for getting it registered and have platesfor moving it once which costs ~$80

You're good with a standard license if you convert that to an RV. It's also worth mentioning that if you do a good conversion to an RV and you get the title switched to an RV, insurance is much cheaper.

Divorce, and when they say 50/50 its 30/70.
Kicked me out of the house since she can't live in a RV,
Because she was pregnant,
Even tho i bought the house.

Was working on getting a house, since it's hard to take a loan for a house in a nice area, as a singel soon to be dad, that's 28.

Got the house after 8 month's, after the divorce was done, and i got what was mine,

My house i bought with my money i worked for,
Dumb cheating bitch got money from me after the divorce.

Had to wait 1 month so she could get a place.

Pretty much all,

Sorry if i don't make sense, im half drunk.

It looks relatively clean. So does the kid.

Real talk I pay $2000/mo to live in a place that size in Brooklyn and the building is fucking run down as shit.

Nothing wrong. Looks clean and I have exactly the same cat. I don't have a kid yet but will soon. I wonder if the cat will play nice.

RV's are cool. Is 2 tanks of propane enough for a month of stove use?

That has a kitchen? Toilet?

Thanks, good to know. I'll look into converting titles. My understanding is that it goes on weight?

With a vehicle that size it's way under the weight limit where you might need a CDL. If you were paid to haul people around in it you would probably need a chauffeur's license. I wouldn't worry about it, pull the seats out and go for it.

Totally viable, I heard from someone who heard from someone that it was doable for a year.

And What about cold times ? Because mmhh winter is coming...

>People defending raising a with 2 adults, 2 fucking animals, in a filthy room no bigger than my fucking bathroom.

Never change, Ameristan.

gotta love completing the trailer trash look with sheets over the fucking windows and kitchen machines above the bed, couple of feet from the lube bottle. In a first world country, your kid would be taken from you.

There's people who've been doing it 15 years straight.

Multiple options. The most common is the buddy heater. No power required (just ventilation)

amazon.com/Mr-Heater-F232000-Indoor-Safe-Portable/dp/B002G51BZU

They are made to take the 1 pound propane bottles, but you can buy the hose to hookup to a bigger tank.

In an RV you will have a furnace that runs off propane most likely. There are also "furnaces" you can install in pretty much any vehicle that burn gas or diesel, but they are a bit more expensive ($1000)

Pic related faggot, fuck your dubs