ITT: Shit normies say about music

ITT: Shit normies say about music

>"I hate my generation's music like Justine Gayber and Lady Caca. I listen to REAL, obscure music that my classmates don't know about like AC/DC, the Eagles, Boston, Journey, Led Zeppelin, and [insert a bunch of other shitty farty AOR boomer rock bands that EVERYONE in actuality knows about, and that are really no better than Justin Bieber]"

>"All music nowadays is about asses and money :/" [Orly? What's wrong with asses and half-naked women? Are you gay?]

>"You can't spell rap without the 'C' XD"

>Rap is like an oreo - the best part is white XD

>Music is like candy - you have to throw away the rappers XD

>Rap stands for RETARDS ATTEMPTING POETRY

Obsessing over shit like this makes you almost as bad to be honest. These points have been made a million times over. At which point will you realise that you need to draw self-respect from an area other than what some idiot said on the internet?

Rap is subhuman music made by literal subhumans for literal subhumans.

>metal is for children

>prog is just technical wankerey

>electronic is a genre

> Obsessing over shit like this makes you almost as bad to be honest. These points have been made a million times over. At which point will you realise that you need to draw self-respect from an area other than what some idiot said on the internet?

normies don't say that, they're generally ok with metal

>Justine Gayber and Lady Caca
t. someone who gave up on talking to people 5 or so years ago

normies don't even know what prog is

>"What kind of music do you listen to, user?"
>can't think of any normie bands they could possibly relate to
>"Oh you know... The Beatles"
>FUCK.

Everyone knows what prog is, get your head out of your ass

did you use the same pic that i used when i made this thread last time? or is it a huge coincidence?

nah dude
nah

Why not just be honest and at least say what genre or describe the style? How old are you?

the only prog band normies know abotu is pink floyd

and the ones OP mentioned I guess and maybe Styx too

everyone knows ITCOTKC and Aqualung

and the only song they know is "another brick in the wall part2"

possibly aqualung but not itcotkc

>>"I hate my generation's music like Justine Gayber and Lady Caca. I listen to REAL, obscure music that my classmates don't know about like AC/DC, the Eagles, Boston, Journey, Led Zeppelin, and [insert a bunch of other shitty farty AOR boomer rock bands that EVERYONE in actuality knows about, and that are really no better than Justin Bieber]"

this is true of anyone who says they like obscure bands and then posts entry level shit - its not limited to lewronggenerationfegs

ITCOTCK is about to hit official status as mainstream very soon but for the wrong reasons. It's literally just from recognising the cover art.

>jungle, grime, techno and house are electronic dance music subgenres
>hip hop isn't

edm is a subgenre of hip hop :o

is this 2012 again? no one says that first thing anymore, in fact Bieber and Gaga are now pretty popular with some of their old haters because of their changes in sound

and the other 4 things are only said by 12-16 year olds in YouTube comments

what

what

hip hop is its own genre that niggers stutter on top of.

t. butthurt faggot who like black "culture"

wrong way round

techno is its own genre
house is its own genre

they can be their own genres while also being subgenres of edm. hip hop is not edm though

If they are, hip hop is, no 2 ways about it

Bieber had four top 10 singles in 2015, all of which will probably be played in supermarkets until the heat death of the universe. He's pretty much climbed as high as it is possible to go.

What kind of twisted reality do you live in to think normies hold those opinions? normies love hip hop and would never say anything that might be seen as le racist.

Niga u high?

>"whites can't rap, here's some real rap"
>he puts on lil wayne

I never understood people who say that music of today is shit because it is about sex, drugs and crime, and that dadrock is better, when most rock songs are about sex, drugs and crime.

its just a joke lol

>"21 pilots is shitty band for teens"

Kek, are you kidding? Just because Sup Forums worships them doesn't make them obscure.

>I only love this generations music, look at me I'm a pleb and edgy

>and the ones OP mentioned
>AC/DC
>Led Zeppelin
>prog rock

this user sure knows everything about prog rock

not the kanye sample?

>shit literally no one has said this decade

Not true you idiot, see

>my taste in music is weird, i like a bit of everything

(taste in music is limited to singles from popular artists)

Rap is the best genre out there

RAP

A FORM OF MUSIC

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA *breathes* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

OP confirmed for 14 year old who only talks to other 14 year olds

> it's a 'rapfag gets butthurt that 12yos don't like his music' episode

why are nu-males so touchy?

I could not care less about what normies say about music. I got metal, i got Megadeth, i don't care about the normie bullshit.

Because they got there asses patted too much as a kid and not there ass beaten

This is what blows my mind. Most dadrock and old R&B that older people are always gushing about tends to be about drugs or sex or both. There's nothing wrong with those topics but are people just being purposely oblivious?

It is very possible and i wouldn't be surprised if that was true

I hate born in le wrong generation fags who hate on critically acclaimed artists like Kendrick Lamar and Kanye West and Lady Gaga then proceed to circlejerk to sissy white dadrock that is no longer relevant. THUMBS UP IF YOU ARE NOT A RACIST SEXIST SHITLORD AND WERE BORN IN LE RIGHT GENERATION #FRUCKDRUMPF #FUCKWHOTEPEOPLE

but user, if I cant feel superior to 12 year olds on youtube what would i do?

Though i wouldn't call West critically acclaimed i agree

He's controversial as a person but his music is pretty consistently viewed as great.

My bandmate sent me this the other day and it honestly kind of pissed me off

>this thread

Nobody on this board actually likes music do they.

have you told your bandmate he's a racist yet?

have you been told to shut the fuck up yet today nigger
go back to africa to play bongo drums next to farting cows

I'm pretty sure he has some degree of white guilt actually (but he's just a generally anxious person)

>what is sarcasm

ummm like, wow? Don't you know? That, like, making fun of rap is, like? Super problematic?

I bet you probably listen to, like, nazi bands? Like John Maus?

Gonna have to agree with the normies on this one

Face it, hating rap music hasn't been mainstream since 50 Cent was still a household name. Generation Z is too young to remember how awful club / ringtone rap was; and degeneracy is now more 'in the cool' than ever before. Present day Chads and Staceys love trap and mumble rap, and consider any other variation or genre of music to be 'for old people.' The current youth culture of drugs and hedonism is at an all time high since the 80's, and no other form of music encapsulates that culture more accurately than modern rap.

Can we just have one thread without this kind of shit for once?

>ITT: Shit normies say about music

>>"I hate my generation's music like Justine Gayber and Lady Caca. I listen to REAL, obscure music that my classmates don't know about like AC/DC, the Eagles, Boston, Journey, Led Zeppelin, and [insert a bunch of other shitty farty AOR boomer rock bands that EVERYONE in actuality knows about, and that are really no better than Justin Bieber]"

>>"All music nowadays is about asses and money :/" [Orly? What's wrong with asses and half-naked women? Are you gay?]

>>"You can't spell rap without the 'C' XD"

>>Rap is like an oreo - the best part is white XD

>>Music is like candy - you have to throw away the rappers XD

That's true. Grow up nu-male.

> if you can't appreciate the post-verbal brilliance of Thugger and Future, I feel sorry for you
> not only are you a racist, but you're also a pleb!
> now if you'll excuse me, I have to pick up my wife's son at the vegan bake sale

it's because music about sex, drugs, money, crime were never about past generations or this, 60-70% music were about those things and still is and probably will be you dumb anons

and if you're complaining about these or listening to these music instead of wasting your mortal lifespan trying to discover and listen to more obscure music on our own you're pretty much the normies

/thread

t. triggered meme rap cuck

>you ever listen to radiohead?
>"yeah I love creep!"

I never said otherwise, I said the people who act like it was somehow ever different are the oblivious ones.

t. nu-males

>you listen to problematic music like metal? i mean come on, it's 2017

Just be honest and explain yourself in a brief and concise way. If you say you enjoy a broad range of music than just say you enjoy a broad range of music. There's nothing wrong with being interested in expirimental/obscure music, it's just a hobby. It won't sound pretentious unless you word it badly.

I'm actually one of the converts myself. Gaga still doesn't do it for me, but I gotta admit, I decided to give Bieber's new stuff a shot after some stuff I heard about it, and Purpose is one of the best pop albums I've heard in years IMO. I honestly can't stand like 90% of pop music these days, but his new stuff is pretty damn good and a lot better than most of the other shit-tier pop crap out there. Listening to all the mindless normie pop/rap that comes out is normie tier, but then again just going "LOL GAYBER IS GAY LOL" or whatever without actually giving the music a shot reeks of insecure normie bullshit too.

this so much

>coldplay is pretty experimental

Some AC/DC, some Boston and Led Zeppelin is actually some of the best shit ever. Think about whatever shitty indie music that speaks to your soul now. That's what classic rock was to your dad. Think about what a better man your father is than you.

stop talking to middle schoolers you pedophile

>my favorite Boris album is Pink

>Lana is bad

>OMG nickleback is literally the worst band ever.

How's high school going?

>>Rap is like an oreo - the best part is white XD
Real shit, how the fuck can people think Eminem is the best rapper? Especially with Relapse and Recovery. Even MMLP is still not as good as more mediocre albums like Life After Death and Nastradamus.

trips confirm

>oh are you going to _____ music festival?
Nah nobody really interests me, are you?
>yeah there's a lot of underground acts I like

I thought my coworkers was fine until she said this shit.

>In psychology
>Talking about Schizoid PD
>prof mentions "it's like the Kanye song"
>no

You've obviously never spoken to another human being.
If you actually start naming what you listen to, you immediately get "that" look.

You're alot better than they are. You're so unique!

That's SO relatble my fellow Sup Forumstant! Normies just don't get real music! Like for real, all these top 40 drones really trigger my cringemometer LOL!

>Kanye West is a musical genius

Carter era Wayne is great.

ITT: virgins

Rap is shit, faggot. And 90‰ of normals like it.

RELATABLE!

If you're not confident in your taste, you belong on reddit and probably listen to it to feel special

Grow up

>lol LIL WAYNE is shit
>ughh why don't these KIDDOS listen to REAL hip hop like Eminem and Hopsin

jfc is this bait or do the r/lewronggeneration people have nothing better to do on a friday