ITT we talk about Lana Del Rey's music

ITT we talk about Lana Del Rey's music.

What's your favorite album? Mine is the pic related.

>not thinking Born To Die + The Free Expansion Pack is her best album

Ultraviolence

why is this slag getting shilled here so much?

I have a bad feeling about Lust for Life lads, the lead single is fucking trash and she's aging like shit.

I agree, that singly really sucks.

I think she did a good job with "Love," though, so I'm not too concerned.

I'm more concerned about how her new album is rumored to be more acoustic and stripped back. I'm not sure if that sound will work for her.

Love was great, I had high hopes after hearing it but after hearing Lust for Life all my hopes are gone. I just hope it won't be Honeymeme MK. II

Because she'a a popular artist with good music.

Having been in a codependent relationship while dealing with depression, that album hit like a brick. Listened to it non stop for two months.

Lana is incredibly prolific, you can guarantee another album within the next 3 years or even sooner. Or you could distract yourself with the hundred+ unreleased tracks she has.

Her success does not ride on the back of Lust for Life. She overcame career-killing blows e.g. SNL performance, every music journalist out to get her during BTD, etc.

Speaking of that SNL performance, does anyone really know why she sounded so bad? There is not heavy autotune on her records, so she must be able to sing.

I've listened to most of her unreleased tracks, some of my favorites are BBM Baby, Serial Killer, Velvet Crowbar, You Can be the Boss, Smarty and Queen of the Gas Station. Got some real hidden gems.
It's always a gamble with Lana perfomances, sometimes she sounds like absolute shit and sometimes she sounds amazing. Probably not enough practice.

Also, can we discuss why ALL critics seem to HATE her with a passion? I don't get it.. Usually my tastes line up with music critics' viws, but with Lana Del Rey, it's like they are all conspiring against her. I can understand people finding this stuff "generic" or boring, but overtly BAD? I don't see how.

Critics generally hate pop music eventhough Lana has covered a lot of genres, they also critize the lyrics most of the time and since most of Lana's songs are about love they consider it "generic".

I'm not a big fan of pop lyrics but Lana genuinly has great lyrics, I love how all songs are connected to eachother, atleast on born to die.

But Scaruffi likes Lana, that's good.

Her lyrics and themes are very vapid and superficial. I like her production and voice but even I have to admit her aesthetic, content and persona in these albums can be very cringe if you stop to think about it.

It's obvious that most of her songs are ironic, she's just roleplaying as an Americana Whore. She makes perfect pop music that doesn't take itself too seriously.

You're right of course about critics disliking pop music. I've noticed that most reviews don't even talk about the great production or hooks or melodies on the albums, just the lyrics and Lana herself. And I think those "cringy" lyrics are almost all meant to be ironic...

Exactly what I was thinking! It is obvious that she's not singing a basic radio love song. In some songs, you can actually hear the sarcasm in her voice, plus the songs are clearly written to be more than typical radio-friendly love songs.

IThat's why I'm not sure if I want to try in see her on her tour. On one hand, there might be a lot of QT Lana Del Rey fans searching for love, but on the other I don't want my idea of her ruined by suffering through a bad life show.

What draws me to Lana Del Rey are the melodies that she uses in her hooks on records like Born to Die. It's so insanely catchy that it drives the whole song.

They would be superficial if her music wasn't so cinematic. Her video clips also have strong visuals which help her music transcend the cringe of it all.

In a way her early video clips have formed a cornerstone of her entire image - Born to Die and Blue Jeans most of all.

What I mean by cornerstone is that I think people can more easily grasp the concept that she is not the character she is singing about.

Who else has two tigers in a palace, a bad boy holding her bloodied lifeless body, and then holding eachother nude in front of an American in the same clip. She's obviously not serious. She's telling a story of a fatalist whore.

The problem with most Lana fans is that they only listen to Lana because of lyrics, they don't care about her voice or the great production.

They just don't "get" Lana

Its still very superficial even if it is cinematic. Shes riding on this Americana fatalist whore persona and 50s sensibilities and aesthetic on a very surface level way, shes not really doing or saying anything beyond that.

Her whole "shtick" is old and cringy as fuck now, how come no one questions why a 31 year old sings about being a young teenager in love?

Thats literally one of the most common criticisms thrown her way and its already been alluded to itt fucktard.

It is not Lana in most of the songs, it is a character. Lana herself isn't even using her real name.

So... teenage girls? I kinda suspected that Lana would attract young women. I presume her fanbase is mainly female.

>I'M young and in love
Yeah, she's definetly not talking about herself.

And gay males love her too, I mean those gay men who pretend to be straight.

Her only good songs are the Diet Mtn Dew demos

I don't like her and desu I fucking hate her music but come on she's 31. She's not old yet.

You know when a Rapper says he killed 3 guys last week?

Or when a metal band sings about sacrificing virgins and cow to satan?

Perhaps its the same premise?

t. Closeted faggot

You can like music regardless of your sexuality.

Of course! No way could the one singing be the persona, the caricature that we are talking about.

>31 isn't old yet
For a pop singer it's rock bottom, her youth starts to fade and the prime time of her life is over.

And even if it's "not that old" to you, it's still not as "young" as she pretends to be.

This
Not really this, she had a few good singles and that's it

For whatever reason, I don't enjoy Ultraviolence, but I love Born to Die and Paradise. UV is a sort of different path for Lana Del Rey, People either like it or not.

Honeymoon is the worst regardless
Born To Die is very pop-like and catchy and nice
Ultraviolence has the perfect sweet spot (in my opinion) of the whole lana aesthetic, especially songs like "fucked my way up to the top" and "sad girl"

They are on the same level for me, recently I grow fond of honeymoon even.

>music

music for girls with ugly titties

Honeymoon should've never happend