God Tier Games

God Tier Games

the game

On PC

what realm you on op?

This a thousand times over

Fucking phone won't allow me to choose a photo but Rome total war is god tier shit

People still play this fucking game?

Elder scrolls beats every other game ever minus the gliching

RNG on loot creates addicts.

I think Empire: Total War is better.
Rome 2 second and Rome 1 third.

I just pray they will stop with that Warhammer shit soon.

Epic

So minus 90% of the game?

Have you tried grim dawn OP? Very much a spiritual successor to D2, bought it today on steam it's brilliant!

i cried in happyness

Uncharted is shit
this is the real deal

i remember that times i play the games...

then i grow up and was playing whit pussy's

ITT

Walking Dead Daryl's origins.
Best game ever

Quake 3

That looks like an amped up version of specifically Balmora on Vvardenfell. Probably before the eruption of Red Mountain. I'm probably wrong, but that looks like the 3 bridges over the Odai River and the bridge further up on the picture corresponds to the one south of Balmora. If this is from ESO or some shit I only played the beta so I'm just guessing from my recent binge of Morrowind on steam.

This is a good opinion, please tell me more

Patrician tier taste

anyone know if there is a good follow up to the Dungeon keeper series?
Kind of miss that

This. Defined gaming.

I'm not wrong.

Well its just a guess but if you must know more, look at most of the games chosen here.
The game industry develops all the time, game are getting better by any metric, but you will never see them the same way as you did when you were a kid.
I know that feel, but im smart enought to realise its just nostalgia.

this

Does that mean they're bad? Because we remember them good?

Empire master race
Still waiting for a historically accurate Empire 2

no of course not, some old games were good, but not god tier, but then again your god tier game most propably is not my god tier game is we are just talking opinions here. Actual god tier games are measured by how many people played them and how much money they have made but most people wouldnt call them god tier, because muh opinion.

you said god tier?

i dont actually like most of the final fantasy games, but this is and always will be one of my favorite games

I think the mistake you're making is confusing lower quality with replayability. Old games seem worse because you've already played them so much, while new games feel fresh. Those have nothing to do with actual quality. Yes, a lot of old games are shit, but new games aren't necessarily better.

Anybody?

PATHETIC

Last one from me.

Bloodborne is LEAGUES better than any of the 3 dark souls.

Serious Sam
Unreal Tournament '99

fucking loved this game, shoud play it again some time

no, there are games that you cant play more than once but oh boy is that 1 time great. New games do feel fresh but atleast in multiplayer games the games you know how to play are often more satisfying because you are better than other people. New games arent necessarily better, but generally they are and they are getting better all the time.

I dont agree with that at all. Take deus ex as my example, loved it when I first played it, thought it was amazing, still get just as much enjoyment out of it playing it years later, same with morrowind. Sure human revolution and Skyrim have much larger budgets, are graphically superior and have made far more money back for the devs; but that doesn't make them better, or even god tier.

Wood please

I have a 1000 word essay on the battle of kaddesh due tomorrow

So you are only talking about opinion then, i've never played deus ex and while i liked morrowing 10 years ago i couldnt see myself going to play it again.
My only points itt have been nostalgia and opinions, you proved both of my points.

best game ever this is THE GOD GAME

wololoo

fuck yes, that game was amazing
the humor alone
shit i need to replay this soon

Games are too easy now
and there is a difference between retro and outdated. i've not played atari 2600 before I was 25 but I love Kaboom, and it's more fun than a handful of ps3 games I had.

the threshhold get easier true, but you also have to factor in the agegap and you growing older
changing priorities, preferences etc
its kinda sad i know

Popular multiplayer games are too easy, there are a shit load of games to choose from that are too hard for you or have a difficulty setting too hard for you and you can even take a game like WoW and start going full on competitive, i can promise its not easy.

Awesome game but ugly on screens other than CRT

Games i found impossible as a kid are too easy for me now, so this.

pic relate, because it has the greatest and most beautiful OST in any video game that will ever exist

not even an arguable point

Anyway, the idea is that not everybody will be fairly represented on here if you want a true list of "god tier games"
there are great games on every console, and it's not automatically "nostalgia" if something is good from before you were born.

Dark souls and Diablo 2 will always be god tier my sweet summer child.

sorry about you being a child
that game was universally panned

It's certainly better than Chrono Trigger in every way except loading screens.

Inb4 exodus is better..

Exodus is good yes, I prefer this one.

HL2

you're not old enough to post on Sup Forums

Get out

why are these Veggie Tale games even real

Do they still play these games? most of them dont and im propably older than you and because im so old im gonna go to sleep now.

GL guessing my time zone.

"How do you turn this thing on?"

The design choice behind games is now "breeze through this 10 hour campaign we designed to make as non-frustrating as possible so you feel like you didn't get gypped on your $60"
You can pick up a new game and beat it with PROBABLY no deaths. Note: I did not say "EVERY GAME" and didn't say "NEVER EVER DIE", I said games nowadays are designed to be easier on purpose, and a dozen exceptions that have come out in the past 10 years doesn't make up for the thousands of other games.

oh, the irony of that "being a child" comment
do cut yourself to fit in also?
nice samefagging also

absolutely lol, trigger was and is entirely overrated

>Implying this site isn't exclusively edgy 14 year olds & oldfags trying to nostalgia.

You can be as old as the universe, you're still juvenile like Eric

>overrated: the series

For us really Old Fags out there...