Are Americans really made to pledge allegiance during class or not anymore?

Are Americans really made to pledge allegiance during class or not anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/89od_W8lMtA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEBGCOCxLgA
youtube.com/watch?v=3j3_iPskjxk
topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-century-of-the-self/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i guess it depends on the state, the town, the school, the teacher etc
not everywhere i bet

Went to a Public and Catholic shcool in NY I had to pledge during homeroom in both.

However I know you legally can abstain from it.

I always wondered if that was some form of brainwashing

As a European, I've always found this really fucking weird. America is such a bizarre place.

We have to do it at my school every morning. But they can't legally force it. I sit down during it every day because I fear they're trying to brain wash us.

you can abstain but you look like a sperg since 90 percent of all classes think it's just the best thing since canned peaches

So you've been brainwashed into a fear of brainwashing.

>I said the pledge every school day for 13 years. I'm as normal as anyone else on Sup Forums, maybe more so.

that's really weird, how do people keep a straight face, especially the teachers?

more time for homework,
great deal to be honest

its prolly a code word l. You probably become a brainwashed zomebie when someone says the code

this is why were retarded, Hitler loved people, and everything else were just the effects of war

You should have been around in the early 1960s, when the president wasn't so friendly with Russia and everyone was sure Khrushchev would send bombs over from Cuba. They made the kids "duck and cover" under their desks in order to protect themselves from the nuclear fall-out.
youtu.be/89od_W8lMtA
Fucking idiot MuriKKKans never figured out that their lives would be ever so much safer if they wouldn't annoy the rest of the world with their selfishness.

OK, so we become a super nationalistic army to fight for the Illuminati?

>Got It.

When I was in high school between 08-11, every morning someone lead us in the pledge of allegiance over the PA system. We were allowed to not say it or stay seated, but we had to face the flag at least.

Safety measures don't sound as cringy, to be honest

doesn't really matter whatever the fuck, its just culture, and in another hundred years things will be so fucking weird, but that will be the new normal then

A religious group (the Seventh-Day Adventists, if I remember right) actually took the question to court in the late 1970s in order to "win" the right to abstain from the Pledge of Allegiance on Constitutional grounds (Article One, freedom of religion). Ever since then, conscientious objectors have been allowed to stand silently while the rest of the class babbles on about "one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all".

Conscientious objectors get themselves ostracized in many ways. Take LeBron James as an example. "America, Love It or Leave It" was the MAGA of the Reagan years.

Which measures might make you safe, do you imagine?

That's not the America I love, the America I know and love is the people you don't see, the tornadoes in the heartland, and bearded people in Northern California in cabins, Oregon, beef jerky

Culture usually doesn't manifest itself in drone-like, almost day to day, chant. Not in first world countries, at least.

There's really not much to compare this pledging alliegance in the modern world. And if there is, I'd like to hear it

>culture
>MuriKKKa
Pick one.

>annoy the rest of the world with their selfishness.
Yeah... OK.

I'm not arguing they're not ultimately useless but you know, the point of them, however uniformed, was safety.

also forgot the fireflies when your walking home at night, that calm summer nights when your walking home, and see fireflies, that's what I love about America, or at least what I did during that time in my life

My kids still have it at the beginning of their day, and the state flag pledge as well.

>point was safety
Safety from nuclear fall-out? How do you figure that? Even back then we knew the drills were disinformation, not misinformation.

Do your kids pledge or abstain?

nice dubs.

They do both pledges afaik

("Abstain" means they *don't* do the Pledge.)

>Fucking idiot MuriKKKans never figured out that their lives would be ever so much safer if they wouldn't annoy the rest of the world with their selfishness.
when exactly did they figure this out? seems they still go on about business as usual to me

>state flag pledge
What the fuck now?
It doesn't work like that.

What state?

For the retarded, I said:

They do both pledges as far as I know.

I know what abstain means dipstick, I'm just not there with them when their day starts.

One of my favorite memories as a corrections officer was on the 4th of July last year a lieutenant had us recite the pledge before our shift

mericans on suicide watch

That's a good question. The kids do it because it's something they're supposed to do and they don't want to look weird. The teachers have been desensitized by the bureaucracy of education and go along to get along: I remember a few who disagreed with the practice and sat behind their desks or hid in the back of their room but otherwise did nothing to avoid that five minutes in the morning schedule.

The term "brainwashing" has been used in this thread already. Let's add a couple more. Indoctrination. Gleichschaltung.

In a different country and in a different time, George Bernard Shaw was attending the premiere of one of his plays when, on the final curtain, his neighbor (a dotty old woman) began to boo. "I am inclined to agree with you, madame," said the playwright, "but who are we against to many?"

yeah it's called patriotism

>said the playwright, "but who are we against to many?"
pretty much sums up being born and human, that's why we all need to make a new language and be a one world government, how long will it take ? idk

Here are some anagrams for patriotism:

> Rapist Omit
> Atom Spirit
> Aim Tits Pro
> Armpit It So
> Rapist I Tom
> Atom I Trips (atomized trips?)
> Brainwashing

And put that much power into one spot? People can't rule over backwater shit puddles without getting corrupted

This is an MK-Ultra program isn't it, haha I recognized it, I did not fail.

>atomized trips?
Yes the trips were atomized and not to be fucked with ..
>Rapist Omit
Seems legit

that's why communism was a failure, because people are corrupt and take greedily when everything is free, but when we have the ability and tech to have robots do all of our jobs, that's when things will be different

like sitting out the national anthem?

We would need to restructure politics from the ground up first.

Right now the demos abrogates its responsibility for self-determination such that the most sociopathic members claw their way to the top and impose their will on everyone below.

For a one-world government to work, it would need to be responsive and responsible to the demos at every successive level of its organization. The McDonaldsization of the world that we're seeing right now, from the efforts of the USA on one continent and the EU on another, can only end in the grief that H. G. Wells foresaw in The Time Machine.

Communism was a failure because it was led by paranoid sociopaths and a nation that took too long to realize what was going on until it was too late. It has nothing to do with everything being "free"

after we have bridges across oceans and tunnels, with trains, specifically bullet trains what then ?

Communism will always be a failure. It hasn't worked anywhere.

I'm not defending communism, I'm also not the one who said

>that's when things will be different

Just saying why that particular communism failed in very broad terms.

I mean I'm just sying, but that definition doesn't sound that bad

noun
noun: communism
" a theory or system of social organization in which all property is owned by the community and each person contributes and receives according to their ability and needs."

Not necessarily.

The U.S. is a unique nation, because there was never a dictator. Even if in fact at any given time the U.S. government is manipulated by an individual, or royal family, it must be done so always without leaving records. (Typically by usage of Classifications.) For this, and other reasons, what actions are patriotic in the U.S. are different from what actions are patriotic in, say, North Korea.

In North Korea, not participating in the anthems, and mandatory celebrations that herald the greatness of their dictator is not patriotic, because uses of dictatorial powers in North Korea are done publicly, nakedly, and for the purpose of flaunting the fact that it is a Fascist government.

In the U.S., not participating in the national anthem, or pledge of allegiance is an act of exercising one's rights.

Perhaps the person doing so is doing so because they wish to spread ill will towards their nation. Or, perhaps they are sitting out, because they take pride in George Washington's decision to "stick it to the man" as it were, and this is their way of acting on their patriotic beliefs.

The entire point is that you don't know, until you ask the person, because that's what it means to be an individual.

And who decides their abilities and their needs exactly? It's never good when there's already a huge problem in the most basic definition. It may point to some better, more utopian rule form, but only partly at best.

>more utopian rule form, but only partly at best.

definitely a threat to our government for the time being, but its like pretending your suit or armor has a built in heating system that hasn't been invented yet

I don't I think I follow

In a Canadian catholic school, we had to sit through "O Canada" and sometimes a morning prayer. Didn't have to stand or recite or sing anything though, or put our hands on our hearts.

We have not seen communism yet, at least not at a national level. What we have seen has been the "dictatorship of the proletariat" that is a precursor to and antithesis of communism, according to Marx's theory.

Ricardo Flores Magón wrote rather passionately about the communism that he grew up under, in the Yucatán of Porfirio Díaz's dictatorship. By RFM's descriptions, the Mayans were able to practice what Marx preached – but within that circumscribed cultural region that the Porfiriato was at odds with. Might that approach be effective on larger scales? We won't know until we try, and we won't try until we stop killing the people who suggest we do. (RFM was killed by the US prison system at the insistence of the Porfiriato.)

I don't understand the question.

is this Immortal Technique, holy shit lol

like when our planet turns into this, what will we do from boredom

drugs probably. or virtual reality

maybe colonize the moon, then America will tax us to death, then we will separate from the earth, and make a better more powerful nation up there

In my elementary school we had to but as soon as I started junior high we never did it again.

Pues, que viva el Sendero Luminoso.

Drugs to enhance the VR experience, and then of course drugs to get high in VR

And then comes the war of the worlds. No idea what the fuck does this to do with the topic of the thread though

People get mad when you don't stand up during anthems or allegiance, if you love your country enhance the minds of the people, hence what we are doing is imagining, that's where it starts, so go do some shrooms or dmt haha, or maybe

talk about ? so we can all get along and make new things ? oh shit. that's missing in school these days

That's a bit of a leap, but fair enough

no dmt in my shitty ass country, barely any shrooms

the rich will keep the public stupid, its their human instinct to stay rich... just keep that evolution in mind, hence the definition of communism, but also its failure

I live in Mississippi, and if you sat out during the Pledge, you were either severely punished, or your peers looked down on you. I never liked it.

I know Texas has to recite their state pledge.

You can LEGALLY. But its guided by the teacher and people don't want to be singled out. I had a history teacher in high school who allowed people to sit when it occured. In practice, 6 or 7 out of a class of 26 did the pledge voluntarily.They were probably tired of doing it year after year and didn't feel bothered to pledge. I grew up in Cali and we only pledged to the U.S flag. Other states lead their own flag.

I challenge you to sit during the national anthem during a ball or football game though, especially in the south.

Challenge accepted.

I specifically remember kids yelling "TAKE YOUR HAT OFF" because they were so offended at anyone who even looked like they were disrespecting their flag. This was in classrooms and football games in south mississippi.

>old man just died
>i'm 18 fucking years old as a senior
>at school and they're sayin' the pledge
>i'm too fucking depressed and dgaf today to say the pledge
>get sent to principal's office (along with 2 other guys who didn't stand)

Fucker started going on about what I would do if I was at a stadium, and a veteran was there and had no legs.
I said the pledge every goddamn day for 12 fucking years. Suck my dick,wasn't even being edgy.

Also, in my small Arkansas town, they have the fucking 10 commandments up in the hallways.
Fuckin' podunk bumfuck egypt small town.

lol that's how isolated people are, theres meaning in that, especially if you live in an area where there are less different people, the Japanese and Koreans conform and fit in, or it appears to us, everything looks perfect from a distance, I came from south eastern Europe and the place we lived had no black people, so when we immigrated to new York, we got scared in the car and my dad told us to get down, but it was new to us, and they use the word nigger in Russia and this country, but its like not meant to offend, its just they arnt in that society
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEBGCOCxLgA

>they use the word nigger in Russia and this country,
*negro
Most the world uses negro, which is just a biological classification, negroid. The US internally built up some bad juju around its use in the sixties/seventies. Nigger has always been a slur, everywhere.

I gather you are referring to the coruscating effect of dictatorial governments on the demos. Top-down government only works for the people at the top. That's not the only way to do it, in spite of all our Pledges of Allegiance to the contrary. One slogan from the late '60s put it, "When the people lead, the leaders will follow."

Are you ready to lead your leaders? They need all they help they can get these days.

Candide said "Il faut cultiver notre jardin." Pardon his French: Don't shit where you eat and don't let other people shit where you eat. Work in small groups for small things and delegate upward for larger things. The result will be aliphatic synergy, a great extensible chain of empowerment, the basis of Gene Roddenberry's galactic government rather than the repressive dystopia of Star Wars.

"Angels can fly because they can take themselves lightly."
– G. K. Chesterton

They do, if they don't change their ways of repression, there might be a civil war or another French revolution where they all just get killed for being too rich

The Mayans did not have to define communism. Perhaps that is why it worked for them. We murder to dissect.

Its perfectly fine if you ask me, in the end the perceived social consequences of abstaining are more significant than just fucking doing it. In the end, there is no kid who actually has a strong enough grasp of the world to be able to actually abstain and mean it, anyway.

In other words, kids who actually abstain are just being edgy.

>especially in the south
Or even in San Diego, Alta California. Them rednecks smeared mustard in my hair for being diffrunt.

here you go

Organize your neighbors. Work locally. Define your ideal life and work together toward creating it. Have each neighbor get their next neighbor involved in defining and creating. That shall be the measure of your humanity.

Should have told the principle that if it wasn't for patriotic brainwashing like the pledge represents that guy wouldn't have got his legs blown off in a bullshit war to begin with

Okay, Scotty, anytime you're ready…

youtube.com/watch?v=3j3_iPskjxk

Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.
– Samuel Johnson

‘My country, right or wrong,’ is a thing that no patriot would think of saying. It is like saying, ‘My mother, drunk or sober.'
– G. K. Chesterton. 1901

Drunk, she's an uggo brah

I had a long El TRI piece running on my YouTube feed when you posted this link. Had no idea how anti-war FMJ was. You nailed it, that is indoctrination at its finest.

Here's one for you in return: Edward Bernays, the evil genius behind the FMJ drill sergeant.
topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-century-of-the-self/