Gorillaz - Humanz

Tell your 5 favorite songs and your least favorite song from the new Gorillaz album Humanz.

I like Busted and Blue

>listened to the first 4 songs that were released
>quickly realized they were all absolute dog shit
>didnt bother about listening to the rest of the album like a sensible human bean

You remind me of why this website is a shithole

Listening right now. SO far it's shit. Drums are non-existant, voice/lyrics is slowed down blur, synth are too basic to be interesting, fucking fake violins everywhere and even vocoder.

sorry I don't like top 40s trap / hip hop cause thats exactly how this album sounds

But... BUSTED AND BLUE!
Anyways, your opinion is fine unlike this shithead who is

Completely respectable, we all have our tastes.

what happened to the piano damon said he was returning to?

Ascension is SWEET

Top 5
>Momentz
>Saturnz Barz
>Let Me Out
>Charger
>Andromeda
Also like The Apprentice, Ascension, couple others.

For least favorite, it's harder to pick because most of the rest of the songs sit at around the same tier for me. There are 6 or 7 really good songs, and the rest aren't as good but still pretty good. So my least favorite would have to be...
>Interlude: Elevator Going Up
jk it's
>Hallelujah Money

That's the only one that just feels to alternative or experimental to me. I like the atmosphere, just not the composition of the song.

I will say that this album as a whole had NOT ENOUGH DAMON.

Momentz is absurdly good

momentz is annoying

I know it's an interlude but "The Non Conformist Oath" is one of the cringiest things I've ever heard on an album.

It's like something a 14 year old who just discovered atheism thinks is deep. What the fuck is Damon doing.

He's rescuing it from that perception. If you listen to the words as they are and not with the pejorative cultural association, you'll see what I mean.

A primary Gorillaz conceit is being yourself without caring about whether or not people think you're cool. That's a worthy pursuit no matter how old you are, and if you free yourself from the opinions of other people, you can proclaim the 'oath' without feeling shame and cringing.

At least that's my take.

Momentz, Busted and Blue, Andromeda, The Apprentice, and Submission. Strobelight is the worst so far, but Gorillaz songs always grow on me after the first few listens.

The interlude is making fun of the 14 year old who just discovered atheism that think it's deep.

Are you retarded or something? There is no shame in admiting you're slow.

The album is mediocre.

why is nobody talking about Out Of Body?

It's the best song, I've seen lots of people talking about it

its a Steve Martin joke, are people really upset over a 30 second long sound clip

Needed more Damon.

5/10 album.

I'm on Sex Murder Party and jesus fuck this song is bad. The rest is fine so far, some ups and downs, but this just blows dick. I don't know how this made it on the album. Not even Damon saves this one.

this. thought they'd have learned after plastic beach

It's great, too bad they released most of the best songs before the album dropped.

I actually like Hallelujah Money despite the horribly on-the-nose lyrics

Elevator Going Up

1. Busted and Blue
2. Saturnz Barz
3. Andromeda
4. The Apprentice
5. Either Let Me Out or She's My Collar

I'm enjoying Let Me Out way more than I did on this listen through but I still find the obvious Obama/Trump namedrops at the start kinda off-putting. They didn't do a very subtle job of censoring them, did they?

I think She's My Collar is pretty nice cause it retains some of that classic Gorillaz sound.

Too many fucking guest artists.

Starting to regret ordering the vinyl.

The censoring is one thing I really don't like. They should have just left the names in or altered the lyrics slightly. Huge mistake. Still love the album tho

I like Let Me Out except for the lyrics.

"Tell me that I won't die at the hands of the police"
"But until then, I keep my piece in arm's reach"

Found out why you might die from the police you filthy subhuman. Hint: It's not your skin colour.

>1. Out of Body
>2. Andromeda
>3. She's My Collar
>4. Busted and Blue
>5. Ascension

>the rest of the album except for Saturnz Barz, We Got the Power, Ticker Tape, and Carnival

The highs are really high (namely Out of Body), but the lows are too fucking low.

i don't like the album at all, i'll just go back to listening to the good the bad and the queen, and everyday robots, the only decent things albarn ever made.