So was Dexter insane and Harry channeled his murderous urges...

So was Dexter insane and Harry channeled his murderous urges, or was Harry an idiot who brainwashed Dexter into thinking he was a monster?

Who cares it was a fucking awful show?

the first
move on

Harry was a fucking idiot who brainwashed Dexter into thinking he was a monster.

HURR THIS KID KILLED AN ANIMAL, I SHOULD TEACH HIM HOW TO KILL AS HE GROWS UP INSTEAD OF EVEN TRYING TO GET HIM TO A THERAPIST

Harry is the worst character in that show in the main cast, other than Debra "I fuck a different guy every season but never develop" morgan

>I fuck a different guy every season but never develop

pretty accurate depiction of an American female

>27 years old

First season GOAT

/r9k/ please go

lel.

reminds me of this guy, a little

>hi, i'm a teenager just like you guys.
>and i like to take photos of you in your swim suits, while i hide in the woods.

This. We all know everything went beyond shit but goddamn, that first season is just so good.

It's true, though.

I think you mean second season boys.

Season 1 and 2 were great
Season 3 was watchable but had a lot of problems
Season 4 was better than 3 but not as good as 2 or 1

The rest were just plain bad, especially since Dexter's character development went all over the fucking place

>mfw Dexter kills an innocent guy and his only reaction is basically "oops" and has basically forgotten about it by the next episode

>it's a Dexter is spared making a tough decision because outside forces make it for him episode

>it's a "Debra struggles with her emotions" episode.

Boy, hoping for Robodoakes with Sup Forums when this was airing was probably the most fun I had around here.

Are the books any better? I heard that the first ones were good in a different way, but that they also went to shit the further they went into the story.

No, they're not, you fucking idiot. Learn to discern basic things from the evidence given, and read something actually worthwhile.

Debra fucked every man except an Asian, dats racist.

1 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 8

The first book is worth a read because it's more of a black comedy than it is a drama and paints the series in a slightly different light. The plot is essentially the same as season 1 however the ending is different and certain elements (like the Brian-Debra relationship) don't appear. As far it goes the book is just as good as the first season and the characters are essentially the same.
I recommend the first book and the first book only.

>They could of had the goat reveal of ghost Harry being the dark passenger and not just a narrative device. But they didn't.

The Dexter books would be good if they didn't all end horribly anti-climatically.

I didn't like Breaking Bad

>it's more of a black comedy

they should have stuck to this element throughout the series. there are plenty of instances where there are comedic moments, but they became far less common as the series progressed.

Wrong, user. Your first 4 are accurate, 5 was awful, 6 was worse, 7 was mindfuck bad, and 8 was so fucking bad that it looped back around to being good again, because it was hilarious.

Dexter had a wacky family of murderers for like 2 episodes. Come on.

Do you remember that Dexter would occasionally refer to his need to murder as his "Dark Passenger"?
In the books it's literally a demon

What? You'd have to be autistic to miss the comedy.

the books have robo-doakes
i'll leave it up to you to decide if it is a good or a bad thing

Someone post gif of his stupid son falling on the treadmill plox

Turns out, I AM autistic you fucking asshole. The only thing that soothes me is blasting marching band music whenever I'm stressed.

You don't have to call me an asshole, you autist.

>""""""occasionally""""""
surely you mean every fucking episode

I meant it to be taken in a playful, humorous manner. :)

>mfw I am so thankful that I independently realized shit was getting retarded in Season 4 and dropped it right there
I never watched anything past season 4 except some clips on here for that ""amazing"" ending and being here for that shitshow premiering.

I still watch shows even when I know they have gone to shit. I still watch TWD and GoT. I watched all of Dexter. but I dropped Sleepy Hollow in season 2. So I don't know.

Was Trinity Killer S3? Netflix didn't have the season after so I stopped watching and never got back around to it. We lucked out, bro

That was 4. 3 was the Hispanic lawyer

I do the same thing. If I think a show is shit, I just go the wiki to see how it ends. Most television shows are so bad, I will just have them on while I do other things. I get the gist of them, and get shit done while "watching them". To be honest, most television bores me to death. I have to be extremely stones or drunk to just sit there and solely watch a show or a movie.

Shhh. You're triggering the nu-males

Robodoaks was one Sup Forums's greatest memes. Certainly the best thing about Dexter