I moved to Colorado about 3 months ago to get away from the drama and bullshif back at home. I absolutely love it here...

I moved to Colorado about 3 months ago to get away from the drama and bullshif back at home. I absolutely love it here, but I'm dying without friends. I see my friends from back home going out, having fun, and I'm stuck at home on Friday and Saturday nights. It sucks. With that being said, has anyone moved to a completely new place too? How did you make friends?
I joined a POF (LOL, Pathetic, I know) and Tinder.. which is cool, but I'm sick of just meeting boring ass guys.
I'm really in a weird place right now guys. HELP?

hi user
I'm thinking about moving to new york with my girl (she's already there) but I'm not sure. would you do it again?

Man even the internet is ignoring me smfh

also
dude, weed

Hey I'm OP. I'd move again if I could, but I'm just lonely. You'll probably enjoy it since you have someone there already. I ain't got shitttt

Smoke weed and drink beer. Doesn't get much better than in CO

Weed is only SUPER fun when there is someone to smoke it with.

I already do that, but I need people to do it with. Been out in bars but I only attract creeps not people wanting to be friends, but thats not surprising going to a bar.

I'm alone rn and I'm high af

are you a grill?
you know the rules...

Back in November, I did the same thing for the same reason, except I'm in Arizona now. I absolutely love it, my life is the exact opposite of what it was.

And kind of opposite of your situation as in I made friends pretty quickly here where I had a hard time making friends in my hometown. But I chalk that up with always knowing I was going to be leaving and I didn't want to cultivate relationships that would be hard to leave.

But I just started hanging out with coworkers outside of work and expanded upon their network of friends and next thing I know I have a bunch of really good friends. Feels weird, not used to being liked.

I put on a wonderful normie front, but there's always an interal REEEEEEEEing.

I disagree. Weed is a good drug for creativity and nonlinear thinking. Those are things best done alone. Though it is fun to smoke with people because you get to listen to eachother's bullshit.

The rules are post tits if you say you're a girl for reason. Op didn't do that, or even say his/her gender

Being alone isn't that bad. I've been alone for 15 years or so.

MUST BE NICE.

I live with my sister and her kids, they took my weed out of my jar and sprayed that shit with perfume. Basically, ruined my fucking weed that I had to throw it out. I'm dry til payday. Smh, that actually made me tight asf again typing that.

Meet people organically. Not through bull shit online computer apps. Go out and do shit. Meet people at places you frequent.

You know what you must do now.

I would hang out with coworkers but my coworkers all fucking suck and full of lames. The only one I could picture actually hanging out with is the girl I buy weed from, but she's 19. I'm 23. Can't do much like going out to the bar or club or anything. I hope I can make more friends.

Just smoke weed all fucking day

Already tried that but I get discouraged when I go out. I don't really frequent places, but I guess if I'm doing that I'll meet people soon.

MOVE AND STOP FLOODING INTO OUR ONCE GREAT STATE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I guess, I mean I love smoking alone but I like to share weed and share thoughts with people. I LOVE people and meeting new people, thats why its so hard right now for me cause I have basically no one.

I move every 4~8 months and have done for 12 years now. Every couple of years I move to an entirely different country if things get stale.

My advice, find an outdoor/social hobby or some sort of community group you can get involved in. Even if it's something lame like going to yoga or joining some meetup.com rockclimbing thing or whatever.

Personally when I'm in a new town I just start frequenting whatever busy pub or bar in the area and play darts and pool, challenge a few people to a couple games, maybe buy a beer for someone that's telling some interesting stories or is funny and then it all goes on from there.

Dont get caught in the trap of just sitting around home, smoking weed, having a few beers and playing vidya all the time after work, or you'll be lonely for a long time.

See, and thats why I've been doing. I guess I can join the gym since my neighborbood has a free gym service. I'll do that. Why so you move so much?

that dude is right. i did the same thing many times in my 20s, move to a new city without knowing anyone. some of the best times in my life have been discovering new people in new places, and some of the most depressing have been when I haven't been able to build a social network in some places. It's a really tough thing you're doing, but it can pay off in ways you can't even begin to imagine. especially in colorado, such an awesome place to be at your age right now.

best thing to do IMO is sign up for a class or two at the nearest university. you don't have to register, just audit something that interests you. email the prof and ask, most times they'll let you if you say "i'm considering a masters in this and want to test the waters" or something like that. then join study groups and get to know your classmates. college courses are filled with people your age (especially masters-level) and it has been by far the easiest way to make new friends I've ever found. going the co-worker route is a total crapshoot.

There's more to do than going to bar or club...

Have some imagination, man, go out and do fun shit with her.

Coworker thing is a complete crapshoot.

This is the first time I've ever wanted to hang out with people outside of work. I wasn't suggesting it since it's so subjective, I was just sharing my experience.

>moves to get away from friends
>feels sad about not having friends

are you actually retarded or is this a bait thread?

"drama" and "bullshif" are part of life, part of having a social network, part of having a group of people who you spend life with. if you can't handle drama and bullshif, you will never have good friends

aside from all that, i'm jelly as fuck you live in CO cause i want that dank weed

also, holy fucking shit the Avalanche are pathetic this year

this is now a hockey thread
GO LEAFS

I moved to CO for work a few years ago. We can be friends!

Finding people can be tough. I didn't have a lot of friends here and tried the same thing, joining dating apps, going out with co-workers, trying to get into sports leagues etc.

Give it time. You also have to put in a little work to make friends so don't be afraid to get outside of your comfort zone and try to meet people irl.

Well what's your hobbies?