Album Rate Thread

Can we have one of these threads?

I'm omw to work but good luck OP

Do you have a template

here ya go user

>Monsters in the Parasol - 2
>Lightning Song - 8
delete this right now

I'm fine with changing Lightning Song, but Monsters in the Parashit can stay right where it is; at the bottom of the barrel of all QotSA songs. :^)

>Auto Pilot that low
>Monsters in the Parasol THAT low
STOP

>Auto Pilot that low
okay, ya got me
>Monsters in the Parasol THAT low
yeah, should be lower :^)

fight me

oh fuck forgot the file >:(

How can you rate an album 8.8 out of 10? How can your subjective view of an album be boiled down so precisely that it is a percentage?

I just feel like that's my thoughts on the record, it's not a nine for me, but it's not a eight and half, It's not about being precise enough but summarizing what I feel in the record. Kinda stupid I know, but grew up in a school which grades where not 9 or 10, but instead, broken numbers.

Prepared to be called pleb
But I legit think Oasis' first two albums are among the best British albums of the 90s

Pleb

It's such a shame about that 9th track. The rest of the album is so consistent yet so varied in sound...

would put Hazey Jane II at a 9, bump One of These Things First up to a 10, Bryter Layter to a 9, Poor Boy to a 10, and maaaayyyybeeee just maybe put Northern Sky to a 9

Rated down for lack of cohesive theme and y'know cuz nothing's really a 10

I actually rate Bryter Layter and Five Leaves Left about the same (5 leaves left a bit higher) even though I don't like many of the tracks on Bryter Layter because I like the jazzy theme and orchestra on Bryter Layter, and they're both nice to listen to for different things.

On an individual song level, five leaves left is the best Nick Drake album

The Shark Private Fuck is one of their best in my opinion

heck, I might as well do Pink Moon too since that'll mean I can compare all 3

As you can see, thematically I prefer Bryter Layter, but in terms of individual songs I prefer 5 leaves left. Pink Moon is somewhere in the middle of both.

Here is your (you) friend

lower Shankly to 8, bump never had no one ever up to a 9, (maybe lower bigmouth to a 9 and Some Girls are bigger than others)

>This is Yesterday
>Not a 10

really? maybe I'll give it another attempt to enjoy it but it's never clicked

as for Rising Tide...

Figured I'd give my de facto favourite album a rating on each track, wanted to be brutal so as not to exaggerate the quality which I fear many do on here, the album whilst I know it isn't particularly phenomenal even compared to the band's other works still holds a certain value to me and emits feelings that cannot be described on paper and thus I shall always cherish it.

Jesus, need to get 'round to that album someday.

I think it's not commonly regarded as highly as, say, Substrata or maybe Patashnik but I think it's my personal favourite of Biospheres discography along with Substrata.

Slide Away is pretty low desu

First three songs are so good. Too bad the rest of the album is somewhat worse.

Columbia is amazing

underrated desu

Accurate rating.

long season should be 11/10 desu

NO BRAKES is awesome, the video is a masterpiece to my eyes

Yeah, but I wanted to be fair to all the other songs.

this is mine lol

I prefer not to have numerical ratings for music, but if I had to use them, I'd definitely want the option to be that specific. Sometimes, you can just feel that something is somewhere between two points and want to express that.

took forever

shit forgot scores

Pretty cool user!

aw thanks

This is really cool user, it'd suck if this thread went dead and got 404'd in a hour with few responses, for that effort you deserve (you)s, and not in a sarcastic sense.

>LOVE gets a 3
>DNA and HUMBLE get a 2 and a 1

What?

>Red not as good as Providence

Why? Otherwise great taste

how tf do I do this on paint.net

1. Paste template
2. Paste album art
3. Resize album art into the square
4. Use the paint bucket tool to fill in squares
5. Use the text tool to add text
6. Save the image
7. Upload to 4chins

Dishonest rates. You should be thrown out.

AMSP is a great album, don't think people give it as much credit as it deserves

ty based user ily, also accurate chart except invalid litter dept, should be a ten

>first three not all at least nines
cmon son

>Soon
>Only a 9

Side A is probably the weakest IMHO.
I chose to give Halleluwah, Augmn, Peking O all 10s because they're "shit we've never heard before" on a compositional and production POV and are amazing for 1971, and out of the time frame too. Another 10 for Coffee/Tea because it's so articulated it's beautiful.
Gave Paperhouse a 9 because it's very good and the progression is great too but it's not a real jump given what they've done before, same for Oh Yeah's 8.
Mushroom a 6 because it's short and repetitive - the positives are that guitar undertones are creepy and paranoid as hell and generally well executed, very unconventional too.

That's the reasoning behind it.

What the fuck are you on about

here, made one of my own

aaaaaaaand wrong picture

Reflects more on the opinion of the album I had like 6 years ago when I listened more of this stuff, but still kinda relevant today. Would probably be a 10 without the Room 429 cover.